Should be fixed.
Join Date: Aug 2011
Minor Tweaks and Updates
Not everything is worthy of getting a news post, so come here if you want news on the more subtle updates.
This is not a place to post bug reports. There is already a thread for that, which you can find here. I read that thread frequently. Also do not post random suggestions here, please keep posts related to the changes posted in this thread.
- Music Stand furniture now keeps track of how many times a song has been copied.
- Changed music stands so they no longer clear the copied tracker if you remove and add the same song back on(determined by notes, so useful if you change the tempo and/or titles or some such).
- Increased the maximum tempo to 240bpm. Metronome may not be as accurate at this speed, but useful for playback.
- Shops now have a new method of purchase confirmation. You now hold down the buy button to purchase an item rather than navigating a swapped confirmation layout.
- Adjusted the detection of the mobile device d-pad. Will keep your input locked until it's out of a larger range. Along with prior margin option should hopefully improve controls for a lot of the newer mobile devices.
- There is now an option for Controls Margin. It can modify how far away the controls are from the edge of your screen. Like the Controls Zoom option it should be saved per device.
- You can now fire bomb arrows by pressing D+F while bomb and bow are equipped on PC.
- Disabled weapons are now represented by a faded out button rather than hiding it, allowing you to open your quick favorites even if you have a PK weapon equipped in a non-PK area.
- On PC you can open the quick favorites menu by pressing shift+D/F and navigating with arrow keys. Pressing D/F/Enter will equip the highlighted weapon to whichever slot you opened, while Shift+D/F or escape will close the menu.
- If you have bombs and a bow equipped and drag one of their buttons to the other you can fire a fireblast at the cost of an arrow, bomb and extra stamina.
- If you swipe left on your weapon keys you can now open a quick access menu to your favorites to easily swap out weapons on the fly.
- There is now a :showemoticons: command that details all your emotes(default and purchased) and their commands
- There is now a :showtickets: command
- Hat display furniture can now be rotated.
- A cave has been added south of the Big City dock to replace the cave that was removed with the northern expansion.
- The player who summons the Giant Blob now gets credit when it comes to distributing slimy spoils.
- Like button for houses is now in the center of the screen instead of replacing your weapon.
- There are now keyboard shortcuts for furniture control. E, M, R, Del for modifying your selected furniture on the go.
- Note tiles have been updated with 3 octaves, 12 notes each octave and a new visual interface. Old tiles won't(or shouldn't) lose their notes, even ones no longer supported by the new octaves. But attempting to update them will push them down to the highest supported octave.
- All baddies should now give the bounty to whomever does the most damage to them, assuming said person is close enough when the baddy dies.
- Drops from baddies(such as treasure maps) should now only be able to be picked up by the player who did the most damage.
- Lizardons got a small health nerf and now only one will chase a player at a time.
- Green blobs now instantly die instead of splitting if the killer has a current bounty on them.
- Character slots now support accessories.
- You will now find labels on Oasis, Balamb, Big City and railsystem maps.
- Players now load on maps other than the main map.
- Big City and Balamb now have higher quality and larger maps.
- Bats and crabs have been rescripted and should be much more stable now. Crabs have been re-added to the bounty queue and following testing so will the bats.
- Fake Coin Flip has been added to the context-sensitive button when in front of the Owl's Nest.
- Added draisine to context-sensitive button.
- The grab[A] button now serves as a context-sensitive button. You can now use the grab button to dive/loot without needing flippers equipped.
- There is a news post about the respawner, however I should note that it does favor guild-based respawning. Guilds members will always respawn to the same respawner if there is more than one, for team-based activities. Otherwise non-guild players will respawn to a random respawner.
- Switch furniture can now be triggered by thrown items, such as bushes and vases.
- Mounts with the horseshoe upgrade now accelerate faster.
- Bounties are now using a more reliable time tracking method. You should no longer get early expirations on login.
- You can now change the attack frequency of attack blocks. If already placed you may have to remove/place them down again for the option to appear.
- Character dialogue text now scrolls up before displaying new text
- Dialogue now scrolls through twice as fast, and faster in general
- Flash client now has a darkness/lantern effect like the mobile clients.
- Sounds have been removed from walking, swimming, and galloping.
- Walking, swimming and galloping is now client-side, and you only hear your own footsteps.
- You can now use the commands 'loadslot #' and '/loadslot #'
- Horses now decelerate instead of instantly stopping.
- Horses lose speed when swinging your sword, though there are some attempts to not impede on farming.
- Message boxes(blue box) now queue in case you receive multiple at a time.
- Notifications now display on the top of the screen where they're more visible and less likely to be obscured by hands for mobile users.
- Notifications also queue like Message boxes, but in order they are recieved.
- Synchronized Swimming now loops
- You now shouldn't get false errors about being on a wall check trying to enter your house/guildhouse.
- Trying to equip an item that's already in the other slot now swaps the weapons instead of denying the selection.
- Quick menu now opens 3x faster, currently the fastest it can be opened.
- You can now access your last-used mount via quick menu without having it equipped.
- Can now morph while in water if it was already a morph capable of swimming/hovering over water.
- Balloon stand and plate furniture now has a lock option that stops you from taking their balloon/food.
- There is now an option to hide shopping price tags
- Gralats now give a small bounce when their value changes
- You now get a little bit of extra protection if you are hit into water. This should stop the ability to easily lame people trying to get out.
- Touch scrolling now scrolls at the right pace for high-DPI devices.
- Bow and Bomb usage now consume stamina and can not be used if your stamina is too low. This is for balancing reasons and is disabled in houses.
- The Big Blob has gotten a huge overhaul. See the details here.
- I have added some guild actions to the quick menu(view guild, joined guilds and guild recruit)
- There is now a cooldown limit on recruits/invites
- A search button has been added to the furniture list.
- Hearts also now scale up for high-DPI devices.
- NPC Dialog windows should now scale up with device DPI. Buttons now hide while in dialog as well
- Converting loot to furniture should now coincide with the core furniture systems max furniture count.
- You should no longer get tagged as idled if you're unlucky enough to login at the wrong time.
- Tools used to single-player areas has been improved, players shouldn't flicker in and out of view as often.
- There is now an icon at the top of the screen that informs you when players are being hidden. This is to cut back on the amount of reports/feedback that players clients were "broken."
- Rats should now be properly dying and respawning
- There is now a chest and npc on Balamb that explains the way chests work for unidentified players
- It will now check your status for broken/nonexistent images and deny if they are found.
- Your status will be checked on login for nonexistent images and replace them with a "file not found" placeholder.
- Statuses now support alpha backgrounds via bgcolor=#rrggbbaa. This is to make up for the exploits players were using that has been patched with the above fix.
- Shops will now have item sizes preloaded so the shop item is properly shown when first loaded instead of being very tiny.
- Spiral stairwells now properly work and should be much less buggier in general
- Bandit chests will now refill multiple times a day
- Spiders have been completely recoded. They should hopefully bug out less often.
- Bombs now show a preview of their image and explosion in the shop window.
- Q now opens and closes your profile
- Updated a few treasure maps that were using outdated images(looking at you, infamous south swamp cliffs!)
- Added 50 new treasure maps
- Added option to toggle tile animations
- The whole "seeing own hat on players on the map" issue has been fixed
- You'll now find a slider in your options(for android and iPad users, same as Enlarge Controls) that lets you scale your controls to your preference, rather than having a fixed scale option. It also saves your setting per device.
- I have currently implemented an experimental fix to deal with lag-blocking in most of the towers. Please let me know if you still notice lag-blockers and the methods you suspect they are using to lag-block. This is currently not implemented on the overworld(such as where the flag is at Swamp).
- Icons now properly display their skins in the inventory gui(bombs, horses, etc)
- Guild members list now shows (online/total) member count like friends list
- Pool's and Lifesavers now actually work together. I forgot to actually release it live...
- You can now double-tap statues to bring up the profile of the person it is associated with.
- When panning and moving furniture, if the furniture moves into the area of the top-left interface buttons they will move to the bottom of the screen.
- When you have only the default bomb skin you no longer have to navigate the submenu to select it.
- I have recoded the way icons are generated for bombs and mounts. It should now properly show icons on Flash client and when you change devices.
- Fixed it so map now always shows the proper playercount regardless of icons being on/off
- Shop interfaces now scale with your device resolution
- All 100+ morphs have been converted to a new central system. That means I can now make changes and have it apply to all morphs... Which means I have finally fixed it where keyboard users can no longer use their sword/grab while morphed.
- Pets have had their push/pull option changed to "disable movement" which stops them from moving around.
- Hopefully resolved the issue with text being cut off in PMs when controls are enlarged.
- PK Statues and Display Cases can now be sold again. Can not guarantee it will stay this way, we will see.
- If you receive a notification(the text that appears at the bottom of the screen) when in a snow level the text now appears as black instead of white.
- Humanoid baddies got a minor rehaul. They should now get stuck much less frequently and handle themselves better in tight areas(such as the bandit storage room). Fixed where they were attacking but not hurting which made them stop working.
- While you are swimming other players are no longer blocking
- When changing from a snow house to a normal house, your new house is no longer left looking like a snowy level.
- There is now a bush icon above the number when your bush count changes.
- Taking a lot of damage from a single hit while riding your horse has been fixed. It now has proper invincibility and recoil.
- You now lose a "bush" count when you are damaged on a horse.
- Pools and lifesavers now actually work together properly. However layers were disabled because of a small issue that was arising.
- Spouses now have their own indicator(a heart)
- Administrative PMs(system, events, staff) are now pushed to the top of the PMs and take priority over other message types.
- Fixed it so large furniture and small resolutions no longer cause panning to spaz out.
- Updated the looks of the ship that sails to Balamb.
- Unleashed a new baddy type into the world.
- Fixed an issue that was breaking the ability to pan automatically while furniture was on the edge of your screen in pan mode
- Fixed issue with new Panning feature conflicting with button/focus of guildhouse spar rooms
- Fence gate was converted to a newer permissions system that allows you to choose from a variety of groups
- All action buttons(weapons, sword, grab) will default to resurface you if you are diving.
- Water Basin(trough) can now also be rotated
- Hay trough furniture can now be rotated
- Horse icon properly updates when mounting a horse from a hitching post
- A few mounts had their lead aligned and missing heads fixed
- Horses will maintain food level when you dismount, as long as it is the same horse.
- Fixed bugs related to becoming stuck/freezing when hurt/attacked in Bandit caves.
- Began the process of bringing back all the old RPS NPCs that were disabled due to running on the older version of RPS.
- RPS now rewards you your full bet back when tied, rather than half.
- Recovered all RPS hat NPCs that could be recovered. Many were deleted.
- Fixed issue with RPS not giving you the proper message on completion.
- Added two new RPS NPCs.
- Fixed it so if you time out during RPS you get your gralats back.
- The new lanterns made their debut. They're much faster to bring out and put away.
- Along with the new functionality, they've also got a visual revamp. New ganis and graphics, including a new skin for Pumpkin Lantern owners.
- The entrance to Snow town is now streamlined. Guards will no longer bug you about your lantern to get through, and it will no longer kick you out when put away.
- Light is also rendered for only you now, so players can no longer "create the sun" to annoy/lag others. It also means we no longer hopefully have to be so strict about where the lantern can and can not be used.
- Made it so bombs can no longer hurt other players on Balamb Island
- Added two NPCs that have low and 100 ap, each talks about their AP and the benefits/pitfalls.
- There is now a command to show how many loot items you are carrying. (showloot, :showloot, :showloot:)
- Gralat lock status can no longer be changed while furniture is locked.
- Gralat lock status no longer toggles while moving/duplicating furniture.
- Fixed the wrong message being sent when trying to enter a house of a friend while on a 2-player mount(it should be mentioned it still didn't let you enter)
- Resolved an issue with the Pyrat quest still saying you can do the quest even after you completed it. I also made it round the time up an hour so it wouldn't say you have 24 hours left when you had < 1(if it was not finding a correct value it defaulted to 24).
Oct 30th, 2013
- Loot and Bugs now display their amount like arrows/bombs.
- Fixed issues with trade quest progress and account transfers. It now makes sure you have the appropriate item to reflect your progress.
- Draisines slightly sped up
- Lantern(and Pumpkin Lantern) now only takes 1 second to turn on.
- You do not lose all your cookies when you eat them now. In fact, you didn't lose them, you just lost the weapon. So anyone who still has a value of cookies will get the Cookie item when they log on.
Oct 25th, 2013
- Horse flames now reflect the bomb you last ate.
Oct 21st, 2013
- Q now toggles your status window instead of constantly opening it.
Oct 16th, 2013
- PMs that start with 0 are now displaying properly.
Oct 14th, 2013
- Customization button for furniture now more accurately reflects its functions.
- Players bomb account now properly update when you gain more.
- Arrow/Bomb count now update their position when your screen size changes.
- You can no longer repeatedly tap when ice-skating to go super fast.
Oct 12th, 2013
- Trade quest progress is now properly being transferred with account transfers(meaning you no longer end up with trade items, but NPCs not responding properly).
- Character slots now have their own recent hat list. Just be aware it's only saved when the slot itself is saved. Also, your hat list is only organized when you initially open your profile, so after loading a slot you'll need to close and reopen your profile for your newly loaded list to be organized.
- Bomb icon on your HUD now reflects your currently selected bomb
- Horse icon now reflects your currently selected horse
- You can not assign the same weapon to both slots(resolves possible issues with recent changes to the HUD)
- Pyrat Quest now tells you how many eyepatches/total you need.
- Pyrat Quest also tells you how many hours until you can start again.
- Friends list tells you how many friends you have, and how many are online.
- Resolved an issue with bugs sometimes spawning and staying transparent.
- Bug count should now properly update in your inventory
- PK Statue now restore the PK status of your house back to default when removed.
Last edited by Dusty; 07-03-2020 at 10:17 PM.