Aftermath you be better off waiting for delteria bud the only chance this server had for fixing basing was Marrows vs. Silence war and they lost cause staff team always has to get involved with crap they shouldnt get involved with. 90% of the admins shouldnt be loyal to one gang hell if it was my decision i wouldnt even let them base. Yet alone abuse their powers for a gang *cough* Silence and Kp *cough*
Anyways for improvements to basing:
1. bases need redone levels wise all of them at least once a year (all bases should have unique tilesets for this)
2. Make a date where gp is gonna be reset on everybodys accounts then nerf all current gp weapons that were here during the old gp system (everything) and add new ones that are equal to hs weapons again. This would fix the 30 crystal bows in one gang sht.
3. HIRE A NEW GUNS ADMIN!!! Litterally theres weapons that are eathier to good for its price or to lame for it, an example for to good would have to be pump shotty which is 40k gralats yet probably best shotgun in game for basing.
4. Somehow control the community in thinking basing is for fun again. Right now if binge for example would attack guala or silence it would be seen as "beef" and not because they wanna have fun. This type of thinking is what started peacing in the first place cause everybody takes sht to personally. Ive also taken sht to personally not gonna lie but it wasnt like this couple years back.
5. New basing events should be thought up and established even if its copying era who gives a screw.
6. Make a limit on amount of players you can give powers to. Imagine if only 5 people in a gang could have rec, kick powers at a time. This would make it extremly hard to hold and home a base all day long and would create multiple new gangs in basing. (This is just an idea dont know if it would work could be another base rotation lmao)
7. This one has nothing to do with fixing basing but it should be a requirement. 1.5k hats shouldnt be allowed GIF's anymore and all Gang hats should have to be ol west related. This isn't 2014 era get over gas masks already half the dam hats look the same
Thats all i could think of for now :/ some u may like some u may hate idgaf just post your opinions and why if u care enough about it.
Hey pikahika here!
Those are some great suggestions and I saw some other very valid points on this thread as well. its true that the new system was implemented to make it so you have to work to receive those gp goodies! And the current system may not be perfect, and in the future may be subject to change. However basing on ol west has a very big fundamental flaw that the staff team cant fix, the basing community.
If you guys remember some months back in an attempt to make basing more active we added in the rotateing base system in order to stop gangs from afk holding abase for days on end. It also encouraged players to frantictly scramble and fight/pk ( and earn that gp) in order to secure the new base when you were locked out of your old base. Now I'm not saying that was the best system, and I wasn't a part in designing it so this is just conjecture, However it was pretty obvious that it was made in order to stop bigger gangs from creating "peace treatys" with the other huge gangs which suffocated any new gang that wanted to base.
Peace on ol west really does mean that it means peace. When there's peace there's not a lot of people trying to invade your base and take over so you have less people to kill and less gp to earn. And when a gang decides they want to break that peace its treated as a crime and an insult. think of the base as a beautiful bountiful banana tree (alliterations kek) and the gp as bananas. All the troops of gorillas out in the jungle want to set up there nests at the base of these trees. After all what better way to impress the female (or male I don't judge you monkeys) by presenting her/him with some beautiful bananas. but when other gorrilas come around and claim they want some bananas too the home troop gets enraged and overly aggressive like its the middle of mating season. Instead of having a conflict about the territory and fighting it out like normal gorrillas, they rely on underhanded dirty tactics like poisoning the watering hole or killing the innocent women (or men again I don't judge u monkeys) and children (er child gorillas?).
the point of that manuscript for the next planet of the apes movie, was to explain that when a gang on ol west breaks the peace the leaders and members take it as insults and "beef" and they resort to serious harassment of the leaders and members of enemy gangs, they leak personal information whether that be names contact info photos etc. of the players, they harass them to measures that are far beyond what graal permits. Players forget that basing is suppose to be competitive and its Normal to be attacked by others, its no hard feelings its just business. and until our community realizes that gangs aren't peaceful in nature e will always have a problem with the basing system.