Join Date: Dec 2012
future improvement ideas
”in this post you’ll find a list of in my opinion vital..
critical ideas that i have come to think of through trial and error in my experience of being a graal player which i wrote over the course of three months or so,
in the time between somewhere in the middle of july to now.”
so if you’ve got some free time to read,
feel free to do so.
these ideas definitely require some time to read..
and think about...
without immediately discarding them.
- something like a cross-server ATM machine with a different design for each server. maybe even something completely ridiculous that serves for the same purpose as a cross-server ATM on servers who’s theme wouldn’t usually have an ATM standing around in the streets like era. so that gralats can be transferred cross server if the accounts are signed up with the same email or even to other people and to store gralats
- bring the guild system update/upgrade that classic had a few years ago to the other servers. when uploading a guild picture and having it approved on era, zone or ol’ west even after uploading it and having it approved several times the picture still won’t seem to change. i know from personal experience that this was happening on classic too before the guild system update/upgrade so maybe look into what it was that changed it and apply it to era, zone and ‘ol west or just upgrade/update the guild systems on these servers aswell. i’ve seen that there’s a different rank system on era and idk about the other servers but only three available ranks (as classic currently has it) seems a little “containing” at first but makes things more simple in the long run. so maybe change that. idk. both of those rank systems have their perks.
but that guild picture thing needs to be looked at.
- combine all complete graal servers and player worlds into one (and by complete i mean all established and with more than 100 players playing regularly, Computer and mobile playerworlds and servers, or make the computer playerworlds available for mobile, merge mobile/playerworld era)
and create one central new city that’ll be the starting point and the central for all of graal which then has different portals and introductions to the different worlds. so right from the beginning new players have a nice overview of what awaits them. maybe for each server a place, that’ll then connect you to that server / switch controls and stuff since each server has like different controls & inventory.. so like for era maybe that camping/tour bus from the starting area and you enter it, for zone maybe a space station with a star ship or a rocket to enter, for ol west maybe a time machine or a fireplace, magic altar kinda thing or something.. where you perform a ritual to connect
then the playerworld servers too so for zodiac maybe a star/space observatory ward with telescopes and stuff and for kingdoms maybe a castle or something from that time or maybe an executioning place that when you hang in the rope the screen turns black and you then are in kingdoms server. stuff like that.
- i feel and playing graal have always felt that even with a very friendly and nice introduction graal is still a very rough game for new players to catch on to and not everyone who might fit in to this community will find themselves interested or hooked long enough to look beyond the surface. most people that i’ve shown graal in real life very quickly lost interest in playing.. even just after 5 minutes of playing they’d just say.. ahh ok i can kill monsters and lay bombs and what now?
- option to flip controls to mirror
(so that every button is on the exact opposite side of where it originally was)
- every year in nexus add one additional warp crystal or to every special occasion
sell one warp crystal so that in a while you can fill all the empty warp crystal statues and not be limited to only three places to warp to.
- sell warp ring customizations just so that it won’t feel like you’re giving out a proposal every time you’re warping around. (e.g. aangs wind bender staff that takes off upwards, a magicians wand that makes you vanish in a cloud, a magic fire spell vanishing with an explosion, a water spell where it either turns to rain or maybe a spill of water that vanished into the ground, same with earth spell makes you dig into the ground, air spell just floats you away, a thunder that you call down and it’ll thunder on you and you’ll warp away and in the place where you’ll warp to a thunder will appear before you warp there)
- or even allow custom uploads for warp ring
- sell additional patches of high grass in the gardening store so that people can enlarge their farms and make pretty public farms in their houses or even really well organized guild farms in their guild houses that are already larger than they are now. (think: ninja guilds using a puppet account as house/guild house/meeting place)
- it’s getting fuller and fuller! some new towns would be cool both for the event hosting admins and the players aswell. like.. what’s behind the sandstorm in destiny? the cactus desert house indicates something interesting. is bush town making a reappearance, coming out of the dust and revealing it’s blooming buds?
or is it all just desert below deadwood?
what’s behind the mysterious zorbi guards in the giant waterfall north of delta island?
a sunken zorbi city would be so cool.
and woah that giant snow mountain all the way up to the north.. wonder what lies on the other side. like.. climbing down on the other side.. you know?
and has anyone seen the small tent south west of swamp town? looks interesting. when you pull out your map.. you can see there’s a little area and in my opinion it seems to be connected with the gnome caves since everything there seems to be pointing west. and that whole area is still... undiscovered by us mortal graalians.
it’s all covered by clouds.
all that looks really cool.. who knows what those unexplored areas of graal look like.
only the gods of graal. but.. maybe.. there are places that even they have not explored yet.. maybe, one day, our map will expand... and be even larger... even larger than that.
- allow to use the bug net when riding a mount
- something like an abandoned rail road station stop in deadwood
- nexus august 2020, ladders, the other day some players entered my playerhouse and the next morning i went there again to update some more books and i saw they somehow managed to get two ladders stuck on eachother in the top right corner of the library room from the nexus fairy tale house layout. (probably two players pushing two ladders in the same spot at the same time.)i can imagine it to be annoying for both the house owners and the visitors when the ladders get stuck. cause some spots would be blocked from climbing. can you make it so that the library ladders reset back to where you first placed them when no player is in the level, just like the soccer ball does?
- when starting out, when receiving admin event messages, they start from the top and you scroll down to the bottom to see the hint, i’ve noticed that after a while when opening admin event messages it directly zooms to the hint and the standard font also changes. i just saw that when i logged in a new account to see the tutorial for the books and then i thought: now that i know that, i think it’s a little unfair that newer players have to scroll all the way down to the hint, while other players are directly zoomed to the hint. i don’t know if that’s intentional but it takes away some of the feeling of excitement, fun and the chase of hide ’n’ seek or just hunting warpers in my opinion, which has kinda been missing since 2018.
i remember back in 2014 how happy and excited i would get, heart beating heavy, when i actually made it into a warper or even won a hat directly from hide ‘n’ seek.
- sunrise/day/sunset/night effect
- release the other boots that are moving on the conveyor belt in the boot shop down south in destiny near the desert storm, the ones that draktha is wearing that have not been released yet
- when placing chairs on puddles, the sit gani does not activate but the water at the feet instead.. but when placing chairs on wet ground that already belongs to the house, the sit gani works just fine.. maybe look into that and see how to make it so that can be applied to chairs on puddles
- a way to transfer/merge two already identified accounts for players who signed up with the wrong email but still have a great amount of stats and items they’d rather not loose. basically a way to merge two already identified accounts which is currently not supported by the support staff. maybe a website, similar to the uploads website but it’d be specific to account transfers/account merging for two accounts that have already been identified by email, where you enter in both the email addresses for both the identified accounts you would like to have transferred/merged and to select the main email address you would like to have it transferred/merged to. then both accounts would get a notification, or a window would open, similar to when logging in to an already identified account with an option to accept or decline the request for transfer/merging to ensure that who has access to the accounts are fine with a transfer/merge.
maybe it would instantly transfer/merge the accounts automatically, or it would collect all the requests for
transfer/merge and at the end of every season, after the gst they would be reviewed by staff members and then be merged. an automated system would seem nicer though in my opinion. something like the automated transferring that is already happening during the process of logging in to an identified account.
it would have to be safe though. to ensure no loss of valuable items/stats/gralats and so on. duplicate items would either be refunded for the original price or simply just so that it would only be one item of the duplicate item except for furniture items. all furniture would have to be put back in to the inventory or it would automatically happen.
also please if you know how to have two identified accounts transferred / merged let me know asap!
- a way to trade items similar to the egg trading from easter 2020, but for trading with items, every player would maybe make a one time purchase or complete another quest and it’ll allow to open a sort of shop option in their profile where all kinds of items could be put up for sale, maybe even separate them in their different categories (hats, ganis, juggles, books, event, etc.) but idk about that.
now with different price options aswell, one where you can say for example: i only want this one item in exchange for this or this item or multiple specific items and it would say something like
specific item(s) + specific amount of gralats
one where you’d set a price of x gralats or even upload tokens and it would basically just be gralats/upload tokens
and one where it is open for offers which would be the raw form of trade which would be similar to the egg trade. people would visit the players shop in their profile and see an item they want with the option “open for trade” or something like that, then they would make an offer of gralats or other items,
or when that option is set they would be able to
“send a request for trade” which would first have to be accepted,
then the offerer can add the items, so both players would have to be active during the trade
or simply just like the offerer would send in an offer and at the end he would be asked something like
“are you sure you want to trade in these items?” and even if he tapped yes, if the request has not yet been answered and the offerer changed his mind he could remove it.
and the shop owner could review the offer and decide with a yes or no if he wants to accept. this function should include a chat window where they could talk things out and if the seller does not completely like the offer but also doesn’t want to refuse he could say something like “uh-huh i see you are looking for this item. i think your offer is a little low. add this or that item or amount of gralats and i will accept.”
so in short, something like a player shop accessible through a players profile which would be obtained in a quest or with a one time purchase with three different options for items to be put up for sale (or maybe even more if you can come up with yet another way) also a new window in the menu that’d show
current trades/trade chats that the player has open
that egg trade was definitely something that fit to classic, maybe a tad bit too modern though. maybe it was the look of it or the simplicity and ease of trade. but it was good. straight to the point, send trade offer with option to accept or decline. idk. the trade system above would be more fitting though in my opinion, it reflects the mindset of many players in classic or the mindset that comes with actually playing classic for a while and it has many options to it. kind of like a medieval stand or way of trading with a lot of haggle and barter going on and stuff like that. since classic is like a modernized mixture of something that also has sort of a medieval vibe to it,
i think that’d be very fitting.
but i think something like a marketplace like zone has would not be a “classic” any more. that’s too modern for classic.
or yet another way, to maybe have a building similar to the auction, but even more similar to the trade tables that are already available in era or zone, but to keep things classic, maybe it would open only once every month or every end of the season after the gst, or before the gst or another time once every season or month, or two months or whatever. i think you get the idea.
- a way to get rid of items/hats you simply do not wish to have/see in your inventory anymore. no refunds needed for items you would just want out of your inventory. maybe even to keep it all natural, a recycle factory or something, or something like a trash dumpster, something of that nature, you know?
where you can submit unwanted hats or accessories but it wouldn’t be like the auction, more like they would go on a conveyer belt similar to the school cafeteria, and they would be really cheap, for example, 1000 for a hat, 500 for accessories, 2500 for items/morphs etc.
- make feldspar, tomato, indigo, dodgerblue and forestgreen a non-vip color
- furniture NPC that can walk around, functions like a statue - changes the look into the look of the player who last grabbed it
- so during the frog rains i noticed something and that was a little bug or not i don’t know if it’s intentional. but in that moment it was really cool. so while the rain rains and rains it also makes noises right? and different noises for inside and outside of levels. well okay here it goes. i was walking my character to get today’s bounty and just before i entered the castle suddenly i thought to put on the basic headphones on. and as i put them on, when i went back out of my profile i would notice how the sound of the rain switched from outside to the inside noise and in that moment it felt really realistic since when you put on headphones it drowns out the noise. later on i found out that the noise would change every time you put on a different hat.. (or change something in your profile? i don’t know about that one for sure.) but still in that moment it was really cool
and so i thought that it should be so that every headphone hat also drowns out the noises or makes the noises less loud in graal
- allow cozy coat hanger to display accessories
- playerworlds commands 'sethead, setcoat, ,sethat, setbelt and all the customize commands. same with the setnick to change the name.' and a public library/ folder for the mobile servers that shows the file names. of course, to keep things iClassic, purchasable gfx could only be equipped with those commands if they have been purchased.
- 4000h, 8000h and 16,000h places.
4000h, 8000h and 16,000h are the the right amount for new hour places since the places before had always duplicated in hours except for the zone (100h) and the fan(500h). (100h > 500h > 1000h > 2000h)
names i thought were cool were
‘the lodge’ and ‘the retreat’
- changeable sword and glove
some players rarely use their sword. you know, the saints and ‘farmers’. for those players, it would be very useful to just change it to another Item. for example lantern or a juggle while also having out their equipped bomb and horse. you could just switch back if you need the sword again.
- tiny clock inside of the player's menu somewhere, where there is unused space
- server time clock/on GST day a clock that aligns to the time zone gst is hosted in.
- lock/unlock gralat button for house/guildhouse to lock/unlock all the gralats at once
- allow to sell/add multiple furniture at once/ enter number of furniture to add/sell
- a list that shows you who has entered your house/guildhouse lately
- option to leave a letter to the mailbox furniture. letters could be sold for 10 gralats at a post office or just any shop around graal.
the letters would have themed colors and maybe like, valentines symbols, snowflakes, easter eggs and so on depending at which shop you bought it and would look similar to the notes you can add to a present on christmas
- allow to play rps in the
spar/guild spar rooms. of course, not RPS in the spar itself where the fight takes place but in the waiting area, where you're waiting in the queue
- same with GST items or ‘event items’!!! after all they’re acquired from sparring!!!, yeah some items can be used with the commands, but for example.. items like meditate or carry-self there’s no command for those and nor do they work in the queue areas
- piggyback. an item that enables us to have our friends on our back and carry them around, similar to a 2P mount. movement should be a little slower, when having a fellow graalian on your back, making it realistic. maybe the speed of a very slow mount. maybe it would also just be a passive one time purchase or quest that’d add the option to “invite to carry” to other player’s profiles.
- when riding a 1P mount and using an emote, it’s always like, there’s an invisible space between the player and the emote. it’s off by the space of about one time the player size. it’s normal with 2P mounts. so maybe look into what is causing that in the 1P mount and what makes it work normally in 2P mounts and make it so that it’s normal for 1P mounts too.
- add a way to organize favorited items so that when you get a new item you don’t have to unfavorite all the previously favorited items that were in the favorite list before the new item and memorize and re-favorite the unfavorited items so that they are in order again including the new item.
e.g. let’s say you have a lot of juggles and a lot of event items and you favorited the event items before the juggles and then you get a new event item, currently it is so that if you want to keep that order you’d need to unfavorite all the juggles, favorite the new event item and then favorite all the juggles again.
maybe add a way to just add a new/unfavorited item into the already existing favorites order.
- a ghost item that’ll turn down the opacity on any custom graphic and therefore make anyone who uses the item become see through like a ghost. maybe, similar to the new instrument option where when you hold the instrument there’s a gearwheel icon, add that same gear icon to the ghost item and add the options to have different color tints to it just like certain ghosts that you can see around the halloween time roaming through the world of graal or club crypt. there would be a basic/standard see through and then the option to add a red, blue, yellow, purple to it or even an extra white or even black. or just sell those as separate items.
- option to clear old newspapers from inventory and option to clear old quest items or items you accidentally picked up like the america sign. example: didn’t finish easter quest 2020 but picked up a few eggs still - option to clear those from inventories would be nice. other example: butterflies from the holiday.
- or just add bug hunting to era too
- more items that are like devil’s capillary, stick like melees that let the player float and heal, like baseball bats and la-cross sticks and what not.
- weapon weight: i think big guns with a heavy clip should have a little more weight and make you slower. other way around the small handguns and knifes/daggers should speed you up a bit since they're very light. i find it very hard to catch someone who is fighting with a shotgun when I'm using a dagger, this is useful for people who prefer the melee fight. but the heavy weapon speed shouldn't be removed too much so it is still fair.
- anticrab potion that won't make you spawn crabs nor be able to be killed by them.
- dreamcaster is one of those weapons in era
i would consider a “legendary”, along with the BAR, i’m sure there’s another word for “legendary” in era. what i’m saying is that look, all of the “cool” guns, they have “cool” skins, or even secondary editions, like the ghost M4 for example. i’m saying dreamcaster should get some skins too, not saying it looks bad, but it’d be cool to have some variety
with it, considering it’s high price. there’s not a lot of outfits that go with dreamcaster except all black or the matching colors blue, white and gold.
- let bubble wand dagger’s secondary ability go in all directions instead of just one, let it go in to the direction you’re facing.
like the classic bubble item.
- allow fishing from kayaks for both oarsman and passenger
funny throwback - whAt on earth was i thinking when i posted that? LMAO i swear i was so innocent.
we were such alpha-males. ahahaha.
what kind of crazy
was running our minds.. i swear.
remember back when alina’s glow shield wasn’t only available in a dark, black glow but in all colors? when there was this cool flash html status background code which would be a black background code and it would glow at the point where the stats were and also around the player in different colors which were also changeable?
Last edited by Christopher; 12-01-2020 at 02:31 PM.