recent circumstances have lead me to realize i need to change the way i act on graal and become a positive voice in this community. I hope I can earn a second chance. Any sparrers who wish to voice their positive opinions and contribute
1. After you get hit there is a 2 second period of invincibility called blink, it is helpful to stand still for this to prevent combo
s. You can run in a straight line for the whole 2 seconds of blink but triggering any animation or switching movement direction will end blink early. You can use blink to combo up, create space between an opponent.
2. A lot of sparrers delay, which means their character may delay behind their hitbox a bit. In all spar situations, it helps to predict where your opponent is going and swing there, rather than swing at their avatar! This helps counter delay and stop your opponent.
3. Spar very unpredictable! As part of tip #2, a lot of enemy sparrers will swing where they expect you to go. If you're moving in a predictable C pattern around the walls or doing the same moves, it'll be very easy to predict you and get hits off before you swing. Always try to switch it up and confuse your opponent!
4. Spar offensively and try to streak! While sparring defensive is considered by many to offer advantages, you will only improve by sparring aggressively. Sparring aggressive helps you better learn combos, the games mechanics, and overall enhance your grasp of spar.
5. In guild spar, stick near your teammates! It's called a guild spar for a reason. If you try to go off by yourself in a match you will be decimated. Stick near your teammates for support and help them if you see them getting rekt or double teamed.