I took control of it a few weeks ago. Since then I've undergone an effort to clean it up. The wikia itself tells the story and history of its writers. Those who aren't in the State are more than welcome to write their own pages as long as they follow the rules.
The community has somehow survived for the last 7-8 years despite this being true. It's an endless cycle. I haven't played the game in nearly two months, but at some point Auel will return and people will see it as a new start whether certain groups like it or not.
It was still fun even if we were role players in denial.
1. The Wikia will never be cleaned up to a decent shape, it will never score above a 60 on one of those restaurant cleanliness tests. Especially as long as Auel himself owns it and Roanoake/Xiao/Gorgo/The Catfish with autism scrapes off anything even remotely anti-Auel so his butt buddy doesn't see it.
2. The story of the writers tend to be not only biased but inaccurate. Not to mention there is 0 formatting, standard, or anything quality related enforced. It's a mess, and it'd be better just to sink that ship and build a new one. Simple as that, where someone who is less biased and way more active has full control to make it nonpartisan as possible. But I know there are fools who think their polished turd would be better than starting over, so like that will happen.
3. The "rules" aren't consistently or fairly enforced. It targets the anti-establishment writers by far. That's part of the reason the site has been and will be so biased and unreliable for ages.
4. Auel will return and fools will jump in his guild as if the past 4 years he hasn't led them for three weeks only to leave and screw up whatever the community had built that was somewhat working and getting better. He raised the generation that's lead to the community being hated, mind you.
5. If geometry lessons, gun shields on the only mobile server that has 0 guns, trench coats with no animation when you walk, pretending like you're a big and bad military when 90% of members have 100AP and 100% of the leaders have 100AP 100% of the time, all led by a sumo wrestler disguised as the great grandchild of the third reich is your definition of fun, then right there is why the community forever was, is, and shall be doomed and hated.
6. It's dead, it's all over, it's gone, it needs to die, it needs to go away. Move to another server, where there are guns and stuff, that's the revival the community could use, but Classic's military days are gone for good, sorry. Now close the book, it need not more chapters. THERE IS NO REDEMPTION.
Plus, you've quit the game altogether, so as I see it you have no stock in the company to even be at this shareholder's meeting let alone defend what you know is nothing short of a miasma. Like I said, you have to let it go, then you'll realize just how bad it has been and gotten once you have an outside perspective not fond of Kim Jong Auel.