Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   graalians community, should we ressurect izone. (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32771)

Ghettoicedtea 12-10-2015 08:48 PM

graalians community, should we ressurect izone.

All right graalians, first this is not going onto the izone forums because im talking to everyone. Second iZone is the server that has the most potential over any other server on igraal by a longshot. iZone is nearing its death. I went onto zone play forums (that is a mess now btw, if you value your eyes stay away from it) to see only 190 players ingame. 190 god damn players? when I was playing we was at a strong 500-700 average on school days and thats not including the west coasters. So izone is obviously on a mass decline. It ain't hard to see why. All my work on guns (before i came in the second time and don goofed) is gone, so guns are quite unbalanced now. Theres a hit timer on weapons now of .5 seconds meaning if your ROF is under .5 seconds consecutive shots are impossible to do. Thats all i learned from just reading the forums and not even playing the game. I'm going to play it sometime later. Honestly I don't want to know how far this game has fallen and I don't look forward to playing it again.

So that being said, should we, the graalians community, get into the izone staff team and completely rehaul the game again. I do not care if you even play zone or are staff on another server, should we call emergency and get every hand on deck trying to make zone great again? We can do it, we have the man power, we have the smarts, we have the experience of what not to do and we witnessed other servers mistakes, we have the talent, and we have the passion to make graal a good game. Or do we just not waste our time on it and let the game die. Again.

Yog 12-10-2015 09:00 PM

The problem was lack of coordination on projects and higher ups not having enough quality control or caring enough about development in general. Everything slowly started getting half-assed and if a project didn't hit it's deadline it was completely scrapped.

Don't expect me to go back anytime soon.

Mangsi 12-10-2015 09:01 PM

I quit Zone. It sucks. Everything new put out is crappy.

Ivy 12-10-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by Mangsi (Post 643704)
I quit Zone. It sucks. Everything new put out is crappy.

I agree with this.

Quote:

Posted by Yogurt (Post 643703)
The problem was lack of coordination on projects and higher ups not having enough quality control or caring enough about development in general. Everything slowly started getting half-assed and if a project didn't hit it's deadline it was completely scrapped.

I feel you

Albie 12-10-2015 09:07 PM

I joined the graphics team and left a week later.
No one did anything, everyone was lazy.

An assignment was created to create anything and after a week no one except me had done anything. The team's excuse was that it was a volunteer job.
If you're going to apply for a job, you should at least do it.
The server is fun, but the team is lazy.

Yog 12-10-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Posted by Albie (Post 643707)

I see Tayzrx's motivation is rubbing off on Zone :p

He good but he lazy

Sardon 12-10-2015 09:11 PM

tash dont take this the wrong way but we need a new manager
We need new ideas

First of all skyworld looks like a dump , everything all blue it makes me want to puke, we need a colorful overworld that is supposed to represent what the land of graal has become in the future.
We need alien races each with their own home planet that you can visit.These planets have quests and towns of their own with jobs and items you cannot purchase elsewhere

We need mechs, giant robots that can be used in pk, they cannot be used for towering.

We need spaceship which you can control and design, the specs can be upgraded,fleets could be made and guns will keep their stats, expensive guns should have better stats than cheap ones and the job system should be like the one ol west had

Yog 12-10-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sardon (Post 643712)

Tashkin left a month ago.

Ghettoicedtea 12-10-2015 11:32 PM

Quote:

Posted by Yogurt (Post 643703)

Yea but we have people here with the talents and people who actually give a **** about izone. People here are passionate about graal and want to see it succeed. This is a community built game after all, any one can run it.
We have everyone bitching about what needs to be done. But no one to do it, i say we as a community step up to the plate do everything tashkin wouldn't do. You guys know about Project M? The very popular brawl mod? The community stepped up to the plate and finished the 3 new characters, re balanced the game, fixed all the crashes. That was a community effort, no one running it, everyone pitched in and helped. Why cant we do the same? We all pitch in what we can and revamp izone.

Quote:

Posted by Albie (Post 643707)

An assignment was created to create anything and after a week no one except me had done anything. The team's excuse was that it was a volunteer job.
If you're going to apply for a job, you should at least do it.
The server is fun, but the team is lazy.

Finally someone here who gets it. I had the same issue with guns. I was the only one working and trying to get things to work. No one would want to cooperate with me though.

Alexmo 12-11-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sardon (Post 643712)
We need new ideas

First of all skyworld looks like a dump , everything all blue it makes me want to puke, we need a colorful overworld that is supposed to represent what the land of graal has become in the future.
We need alien races each with their own home planet that you can visit.These planets have quests and towns of their own with jobs and items you cannot purchase elsewhere

We need mechs, giant robots that can be used in pk, they cannot be used for towering.

We need spaceship which you can control and design, the specs can be upgraded,fleets could be made and guns will keep their stats, expensive guns should have better stats than cheap ones and the job system should be like the one ol west had

This is what I want but won it seem like zone has turn into Starbound

Sardon 12-11-2015 01:25 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yogurt (Post 643715)
Tashkin left a month ago.

Whos manager of izone now?

Mangsi 12-11-2015 01:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sardon (Post 643808)
Whos manager of izone now?

PerfectDark and Alex Damian

MrSimons 12-11-2015 02:05 AM

After spending time off the staff team from Zone I can honestly say that I think Zone has always had a horrid staff team, in comparison to other servers, and that is just based off the time I spent working there; from what I have heard the staff team is even worse, almost non existent. To make zone a functioning server I believe, like I always have, the server needs a 100% overhaul. This is something that takes a few years usually, and would need an entirely new staff team, with staff that are actually qualified for the work they are doing (As far as I'm concerned they havent had any remotely qualified staff for over a year now).

Ryan 12-11-2015 11:03 AM

not worth the time

Livid 12-11-2015 11:22 AM

Hey I have an idea thatll help,
get GFX that dont rush
have proper prices
stop GIVING players special favors and **** cuz you know them (Trigger who has every hat including one that never existed but he somehow convinced everyone and got it)
make the tiling better, place the buildings better, make new jobs.