Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   CoD: Black Ops 4 (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40775)

Jarace 08-13-2018 05:35 AM

CoD: Black Ops 4

Anyone else give this a try during the recent beta?

I hit the level cap for that unlock token, so I've played a fair bit already.

I was surprised by some of the things they chose to add. Some of them seem inspired by Rainbow Six: Siege's popularity, like the barbed wire and that one barricade ability. I'd recommend giving it a shot during one of the betas, as it was still fun to play.

Trailer:
Spoiler

Pariah Kurza 09-03-2018 04:13 AM

Not personally, but i've got friends that seem to be enjoying it quite a lot.
I stopped touching shooters after BO2. But i like that they're bringing new stuff in the table.
Though, for me the real dealbreaker when it came to these games has always been the campaign. Following an npc while he tells you what you should do is the last thing shooters should aim for...
Also what's the deal with the whole single player in this game? Weren't there rumors of there not being one?

Jarace 09-03-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Posted by Pariah Kurza (Post 817716)
Not personally, but i've got friends that seem to be enjoying it quite a lot.
I stopped touching shooters after BO2. But i like that they're bringing new stuff in the table.
Though, for me the real dealbreaker when it came to these games has always been the campaign. Following an npc while he tells you what you should do is the last thing shooters should aim for...
Also what's the deal with the whole single player in this game? Weren't there rumors of there not being one?

There won't be one, according to Treyarch.

Pariah Kurza 09-04-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 817782)
There won't be one, according to Treyarch.

Bummer..
I'll just have to wait on release, and see how good it's going to be.

Bryan* 09-04-2018 02:14 AM

BFV > CoD

imSupah 09-08-2018 08:06 AM

It's personally a mixed bag for me. Like I like the new concepts such as the increased health for higher TTK and the more focused teamplay aspect but they just don't feel like they belong here. COD always been that fast paced arcadey shooter. Leave the tactical stuff to Siege or BF. I'll still get but it won't be a day one purchase for me like the other CODs were. Still hoping for a new modern day COD.

YernuMaster 09-11-2018 06:32 AM

Has anyone tried the Blackout mode in the Beta that's currently going on? I've been watching video's of the gameplay and it's seriously making me wish that I had pre-ordered the game. :(

Jarace 09-11-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by YernuMaster (Post 818200)
Has anyone tried the Blackout mode in the Beta that's currently going on? I've been watching video's of the gameplay and it's seriously making me wish that I had pre-ordered the game. :(

I have a friend who is playing it on PS4, he seems to be enjoying it. If I have time to play it during the PC beta I'll try to post my thoughts here.

I think this weekend is an open beta, so you may not have to own the game to try it out. I could be wrong, though.

YernuMaster 09-14-2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 818216)
I have a friend who is playing it on PS4, he seems to be enjoying it. If I have time to play it during the PC beta I'll try to post my thoughts here.

I think this weekend is an open beta, so you may not have to own the game to try it out. I could be wrong, though.

I hope that's the case, since me playing that aspect of the game would likely be the determining factor on whether or not I decide to go purchase the game when it releases.

Jarace 09-18-2018 03:08 AM

I played the Blackout beta a decent bit this weekend. It wasn't anything revolutionary, but it's definitely something I am looking forward to playing again once the game releases.

A lot of the elements that seemed odd in multiplayer fit well in this game mode. The razor wire, for example.

Eugeen 09-18-2018 05:34 PM

Seen some videos about this on youtube, seems like it'll be a pretty decent game