Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Trading Tables (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41489)

Ooshyk 07-01-2019 01:44 PM

Trading Tables

So i kinda started to play Ol’west after so many years on classic, and I'm wondering, whats the actual problem of classic having Trade Tables? That would be the best thing ever happened to this game, and every single player wants it, at least the ones i asked
So why not graal, why 😩

GOAT 07-01-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ooshyk (Post 826473)
So i kinda started to play Ol’west after so many years on classic, and I'm wondering, whats the actual problem of classic having Trade Tables? That would be the best thing ever happened to this game, and every single player wants it, at least the ones i asked
So why not iClassic, why 😩

Scams/multiple account abuse?

Green 07-01-2019 02:17 PM

Also I know that me and a lot of other older iclassic players don't want to see newer players running around with old items. Having a lot of accessories reused in christmas gifts pissed a lot of people I know off and a few/many would quit if that ever happened.

Ooshyk 07-01-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 826476)
Scams/multiple account abuse?

It doesn't happen on Ol’west, why would it happen on classic
Having multiple accounts wouldn’t help you to trade stuff
I didn’t get your point ��

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 826478)
Also I know that me and a lot of other older iclassic players don't want to see newer players running around with old items. Having a lot of accessories reused in christmas gifts pissed a lot of people I know off and a few/many would quit if that ever happened.

Bring old itens back is way worse, i don't like it either
But in order to a new player get an old item, an old player would have to give it away or sell it, it means that those itens would still be rare, its value would be the same, if not higher, cuz everybody would want it

GOAT 07-01-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ooshyk (Post 826479)
It doesn't happen on Ol’west, why would it happen on classic
Having multiple accounts wouldn’t help you to trade stuff
I didn’t get your point ��

iClassic restricts how many spoils you can get within a period of time. You can only do one bounty per day (i think). You can use multiple accounts to stock up and trade it to your main.

People selling stuff for real money. I’m sure there’s more than one spar noob that would pay for my epic golden helm (aka the 6k spar win hat) easy scam

Ooshyk 07-01-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 826481)
iClassic restricts how many spoils you can get within a period of time. You can only do one bounty per day (i think). You can use multiple accounts to stock up and trade it to your main.

People selling stuff for real money. I’m sure there’s more than one spar noob that would pay for my epic golden helm (aka the 6k spar win hat) easy scam

Yeah but gralat itself is not tradable, so this problem is not something to worry

Sir Travis 07-03-2019 01:58 PM

Imagine the faceless drones all botting away for their overlords? Till that one account has so many hats that the server’s neck collapses under the weight of them all

Is there a way we can improve identification so that trading would be feasible? Let’s start there :D
Stopping the multi account madness would be a good first step

Green 07-04-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 826488)
Imagine the faceless drones all botting away for their overlords? Till that one account has so many hats that the server’s neck collapses under the weight of them all

Is there a way we can improve identification so that trading would be feasible? Let’s start there :D
Stopping the multi account madness would be a good first step

I'd love 2FA and to be able to change my email any time I want.

Fulgore 07-05-2019 08:22 PM

but cosmetics don't help you win in any way

Numbrero 07-06-2019 12:36 AM

Shouldn't be added simply for keeping RMT and a toxic trading community a much lower thing.

Lauren 07-10-2019 02:07 PM

Maybe trading would be okay if there were some kind of “trade coin” or a large amount of gralats you have to pay in order to do it. And a long cooldown so that people didn’t just sit and do it all day. I do think it would be annoying to see noobs walking around with older hats but then again, it would be the owner of that hat’s choice of who they trade it to, that’s why I don’t see it being too big of a problem. It could work with the right precautions but then I think new hats would take even longer to come lol...

Westbrook Graal 07-11-2019 03:14 AM

Theyve already said this wouldnt be happening many times so its kinda pointless to be discussing it on new threads every few months, same for every other rejected idea that people try to bring up (1v1 tourney, NGS, monthly gsts, etc;)

If classic were to put in a trading system though, it'd make sense since all other graal games have it; as do most MMOs. I don't think the other servers have hat trading either, maybe zone does so even if it was just bomb skins/ganis etc; it would still make sense as you can trade those sorts of things on other servers

i think i'd also personally prefer it to be a profile based system instead of tables, this would probably mean less lag? and you cant stand still with text anymore which means no advertising items you want to sell. Theres a similar system with easter egg trading. I'd like something like that and you could just disable trade requests in settings if you didn't want to trade.

New players running around with old hats also doesn't bother me, all these items are purely cosmetic and offer no advantage over me in a spar scenario. could easily just prevent event/1k/gst hats from being traded if it was an issue, this would also probably prevent alot of scamming since these would be the most highly demanded items

edit: for the negative, goat provided a decent point that multiple account abuse and basically merging of accounts (could send the items but not the stats) would be an issue. classic already has problems with scamming so that would probably increase. trading is also just completely unnecessary. seems like a lot of extra effort/lag and distraction from more impactful projects when there's no actual gameplay impact. these items are purely cosmetic, not actual melees/weapons like in the other servers.

BrandonGraal 07-11-2019 05:25 PM

trading wouldn't work, HIGH amount of scammers. Maybe doesnt happen on ol west but its a waay smaller community than iClassic. Wouldn't ever work no matter how u did it. Could do bounty every day on 5 accs. every 4-5 days thats 4-8 new hats lol. Don't ever see how trading would work unless you made it where it takes 2500Gralats to complete a trade or maybe 5000. Just a way to take scammers out of the equation and multiple acc using. Still not a smart idea at the end

Ooshyk 07-12-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by BrandonGraal (Post 826603)
trading wouldn't work, HIGH amount of scammers. Maybe doesnt happen on ol west but its a waay smaller community than iClassic. Wouldn't ever work no matter how u did it. Could do bounty every day on 5 accs. every 4-5 days thats 4-8 new hats lol. Don't ever see how trading would work unless you made it where it takes 2500Gralats to complete a trade or maybe 5000. Just a way to take scammers out of the equation and multiple acc using. Still not a smart idea at the end

Would be simple to avoid this problem
Not every item is tradable on the other servers
Not even gralats, therefore people wouldn't get a lot of account and trade the money or whatever
Same with hats, you can't trade them on Ol’west
But some itens would be great if we could trade them

BrandonGraal 07-13-2019 03:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ooshyk (Post 826616)
Would be simple to avoid this problem
Not every item is tradable on the other servers
Not even gralats, therefore people wouldn't get a lot of account and trade the money or whatever
Same with hats, you can't trade them on Ol’west
But some itens would be great if we could trade them

not many people are interested in trading in bombs arrows mounts jugglers etc, Classic is very revolved around hats. Any other graal they trade rare guns and swords, which neither classic has. Also all graals have a trade curancy of some sort. Era euro shells, zone zoin coins, and ol west blueberries. Which classic wouldn't have one. <- which isnt 100% big deal, but it makes trade interesting, Guess it dont haave to be interesting to trade though.