Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delteria Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Beta First Impressions (iOS) (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40167)

5hift 01-14-2018 10:07 PM

Beta First Impressions (iOS)

First lemme just say I'm not going to bash the game or the people who helped create it.

I just want to voice my opinions on the current state of the game and possibly its future.

With that out of the way, it pleases me greatly to see Delteria finally make it to iOS. For a while I pretty much forgot all about the game but to see the progress being made really excites me. But I'd be lying if I didn't think the game was severely unpolished. Bugs and glitches are everywhere and the general experience feels pretty rough around the edges especially with the constant crashes and freezes. Its clear to me now that this beta isn't going to be as smooth as I thought it would be. On the bright side, even a couple days after the initial beta release, there are constant improvements being made. So given enough time, I'm sure Delteria can finally place itself in the line of mobile Graal games.

I'd like to thank Delteria staff for all the hard work being put into this game. Please never give up!

As for the rest of us beta testers, we've got a job to do as well. So lets do everything we can to fix this game up for everyone else!

Distorted_P2P 01-14-2018 10:11 PM

the controls are god awful I couldn't even stand to play on iOS I had to switch to PC but the identify doesn't work so I had to start over also purchases don't work on iOS but you can still buy Gralats with Gelats on PC just saying

5hift 01-14-2018 10:17 PM

I have noticed some weird sensitivity issues when it comes to the joystick.

Weeno 01-14-2018 10:44 PM

First impression:
rly wanted to go back the old delteria island and sit in that beautiful starting area.

Second off i rly missed the old class menus cause that was cool back then

Also glad the old music is still here. True nostalgia

Controls not so good rn

I like the old gui too. With all the weapons and items u can put on the bottomof the screen. And ur elixr lvl bar

Graphics dont look so old anymore. All in all ios delteria looks gr8 rn

Aguzo 01-14-2018 11:09 PM

Comparing the amount of bugs/issues that were presented during the PC beta in November, it's a vast improvement. A lot of quests now work as intended, the castle area got a graphics update. Once they clean up the rest of the minor issues, and maybe do a graphics overhaul for the enemies, then you have yourself a very great mmo

This game has the potential to become better than iClassic seeing as how people could probably end up creating "build guides", and there is just much more to do

new arena look
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6nUT...UXle/giphy.gif

Khai 01-14-2018 11:50 PM

I actually preferred the old Kaljun (I think thats the name). It looked like a legit kingdom. The current one looks too modern. But maybe that's just me.

MysticalDragon 01-15-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 806935)
First lemme just say I'm not going to bash the game or the people who helped create it.

I just want to voice my opinions on the current state of the game and possibly its future.

With that out of the way, it pleases me greatly to see Delteria finally make it to iOS. For a while I pretty much forgot all about the game but to see the progress being made really excites me. But I'd be lying if I didn't think the game was severely unpolished. Bugs and glitches are everywhere and the general experience feels pretty rough around the edges especially with the constant crashes and freezes. Its clear to me now that this beta isn't going to be as smooth as I thought it would be. On the bright side, even a couple days after the initial beta release, there are constant improvements being made. So given enough time, I'm sure Delteria can finally place itself in the line of mobile Graal games.

I'd like to thank Delteria staff for all the hard work being put into this game. Please never give up!

As for the rest of us beta testers, we've got a job to do as well. So lets do everything we can to fix this game up for everyone else!

Most the things you pointed out directly have nothing to do with us. The crashes the freezes, those are bugs within the Unity Engine. They are still being worked on, thats the purpose of beta testing, so we can polish the Unity Engine for a final release.

Regarding the starting town....People got accustomed to it, but lets face it.. It wasn't user friendly. One of the main reasons players never went to kaljun port is because they got lost, it was confusing and not really straight forward. The new Map offers so much more.
Easter Eggs all over the map and most importantly a clear direction on where to go. Its nearly impossible to get lost now.

Regarding the other bug issues, we really didn't have a testing platform to improve the bugs on IOS, now with us have a app. Every day those bugs are being eliminated.

Regarding the directional controls, we plan on adding the traditional controls as the default controls for familiarity.

G Fatal 03-22-2018 05:14 PM

To be honest not that overwhelming.
Ik players have got to high levels and really getting into it but for me I seem stuck after the quest storyline- Nothing has stood out to me to gain xp etc while others in groups-with staff members or not somehow seemed to get high levels quite quick. I just got told to look around yet never found anything? not for a solo player, that needs working on imo not everyone is going to go onto this game in groups already made over even through graal; this game doesn’t seem to grasp that/doesn’t care. When I roamed around most map I didn’t see much to get xp from to level and the dungeon I tried getting to(some water one?) kept warping me back before getting in? think I ended up trapped somewhere near there aswell.didn’t even attempt to play after that.
Also not sure if fixed but for me on ios iphone x, all the monsters or baddies that were on map levels have disappeared from how it originally was on first release so can’t even grind on them.

I hope that you’ll make so was like originally release where the storyline goes around the full map-taking you to each section; so you can see as player where x dungeon, grind points etc so you know where everything is THAN doing just one part then having to explore without any info of where anything is as alot isn’t that clear now imo. Clearly something is wrong for player that levelled fair time on original release now has not much clue of how and where stuff is now(Note: Also didn’t know where stuff was on originally release that’s why the big storyline going round full map and sections help)

Wolfie 03-22-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 807775)
To be honest not that overwhelming.
Ik players have got to high levels and really getting into it but for me I seem stuck after the quest storyline- Nothing has stood out to me to gain xp etc while others in groups-with staff members or not somehow seemed to get high levels quite quick. I just got told to look around yet never found anything? not for a solo player, that needs working on imo not everyone is going to go onto this game in groups already made over even through graal; this game doesn’t seem to grasp that/doesn’t care. When I roamed around most map I didn’t see much to get xp from to level and the dungeon I tried getting to(some water one?) kept warping me back before getting in? think I ended up trapped somewhere near there aswell.didn’t even attempt to play after that.
Also not sure if fixed but for me on ios iphone x, all the monsters or baddies that were on map levels have disappeared from how it originally was on first release so can’t even grind on them.

I hope that you’ll make so was like originally release where the storyline goes around the full map-taking you to each section; so you can see as player where x dungeon, grind points etc so you know where everything is THAN doing just one part then having to explore without any info of where anything is as alot isn’t that clear now imo. Clearly something is wrong for player that levelled fair time on original release now has not much clue of how and where stuff is now(Note: Also didn’t know where stuff was on originally release that’s why the big storyline going round full map and sections help)

if what you're trying to do is solo everything, then you can't lol.
water dungeons require a partner to enter and desert dungeon require 4 members to complete.
if you want to level, you should kill the mobs in mines from level 1 to 10 or 12, then grind water from 12 to 18 or 20 and the rest at desert. Farm the mobs there, and when you reach 25, that's when you should farm deeper in desert at the arena.

I haven't play Delteria for a few weeks, so my way could be outdated and there are new dungeons to grind, but that was how I got to 25 in a short amount of time.
I also started an account on PC and got that to level 18 in a few hours, so it's not that bad.

Haslo 03-22-2018 08:06 PM

Only the pig dungeon is designed to be completed solo. The other dungeons are intended to be played with people. Either bring your friends or make new ones in game. That's the whole point of the MMO-ish style we're going for.

The leveling up is meant to be quick, because the slow grind of getting to end game content has always been an annoyance to us. Let's just hurry up and get to the end stuff. PVP or PVE.

That being said, we have left you a little in the dark as to what you should do after the tutorial quests are done. That was meant to get players to go out and actually explore. We want people to play the game and figure out their own ways of doing things, keeping the "light touch" approach. This might not be working as intended and further guidance may be added to help bridge the gap. IE quests to get you out into the overworld.

TomatoPanda 03-25-2018 03:35 PM

There does need to be more solo dungeons to get people into the game or a No PK Area needs to be put next to dungeons for people to do it with randoms if they have to. More beginning dungeons need to be added for players under level 10. Hitboxes need worked on for a couple of the npcs i suggest going through them all when the games about done to fix them up a bit. WARNINGS need to be put when you first start the game for people with old devices. Used my old android to see how it would work and the game basically killed the device. Was forced to take the battery out cause my whole device just froze up and got as hot as a microwave. (Never experienced a problem with any other app on that device before like that)

Multipas* 09-27-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 806943)

to cool