Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Research (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41798)

Reggie* 01-13-2020 06:22 AM

Research

So this is a bit personal but basically I am looking/trying to research on why people or humans don’t get depression/anxiety/stressed.

I am researching this because I am this way, and I want to know why.

My assumptions:

Ego: I think that thinking I am above people or having the competitive mindset could be a reason for this.

Mindset: Just thinking about happy things could be a reason? Idk

Note: I get sad and Ofc I am scared of some things but I don’t get the symptoms of depression or anxiety or stress. Helping me with god would be great thanks.

iHot 01-14-2020 02:15 PM

We all deal with anxiety and stress on a day to day basis but it does not mean that we have an anxiety disorder, some anxiety is good. In regard to depression, it's touchy but most of the time it manifests from something like the death of a close family member or friend may be enough to drive people into a depressed state.

I don't think there's a biological or personality related reason to not having an anxiety disorder or depression. A lot of the people I know with diagnosed anxiety disorders had struggled to accept themselves and be comfortable in their own skin and live with confidence. In their case it was anxiety that stemmed from insecurity.

Reggie* 01-14-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by iHot (Post 829552)
We all deal with anxiety and stress on a day to day basis but it does not mean that we have an anxiety disorder, some anxiety is good. In regard to depression, it's touchy but most of the time it manifests from something like the death of a close family member or friend may be enough to drive people into a depressed state.

I don't think there's a biological or personality related reason to not having an anxiety disorder or depression. A lot of the people I know with diagnosed anxiety disorders had struggled to accept themselves and be comfortable in their own skin and live with confidence. In their case it was anxiety that stemmed from insecurity.

So my “problem” is I don’t get stressed at all. Like how you said day to day basis...well I never get stressed/have anxiety. My friend and I think it has to do with a self Actualization.

GOAT 01-15-2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 829567)
So my “problem” is I don’t get stressed at all. Like how you said day to day basis...well I never get stressed/have anxiety. My friend and I think it has to do with a self Actualization.

In most cases you need problems to have anxiety, depression, and stress.

You living the life right now, eat, sleep, and play graal. Give it some adult years.

When Simple-Z replaced me as the best pkr in graal I went into depression.
:cries:

Reggie* 01-16-2020 05:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 829576)
In most cases you need problems to have anxiety, depression, and stress.

You living the life right now, eat, sleep, and play graal. Give it some adult years.

When Simple-Z replaced me as the best pkr in graal I went into depression.
:cries:

Well, College is a problem. Life decision on whether I join Military to pay for it etc. I have a job, not one I want but one that pays for stuff I need. I need to pass my classes etc. for me I am calm. Others, they stress and are worried because they have no one paying for theirs, I don’t either though..and scholarships are minimal for them and me as well.

Kendama 01-25-2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 829609)
Well, College is a problem. Life decision on whether I join Military to pay for it etc. I have a job, not one I want but one that pays for stuff I need. I need to pass my classes etc. for me I am calm. Others, they stress and are worried because they have no one paying for theirs, I don’t either though..and scholarships are minimal for them and me as well.

You do pay for it in the military. Through years of hard work at laughable pay.

GOAT 01-25-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kendama (Post 829771)
You do pay for it in the military. Through years of hard work at laughable pay.

Laughable pay?

If you calculate rent, food, full dental and medical the pay isn’t that bad.

If you’re stationed in Miramar SD that’s the equivalent of about 3k per month plus pay. Not bad for poor kids that joined at 18. Unless you’re fulgy aka lil bill gates then that’s laughable pay.

And I wouldn’t call standing around hard work :D:love:

maximus_asinus 01-26-2020 02:34 AM

GOAT is right on the money. People normally don't experience anxiety unless they have a reason to. You're in a situation where you have nothing to worry about. Your current needs are filled. Getting good grades is pretty trivial. When you acquire more life experience, when you're placed in a situation where you can't control the outcome, maybe you'll understand then.