Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   More than just Hats in gifts (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41121)

Master Shredder 12-10-2018 05:22 PM

More than just Hats in gifts

Does anyone think we should get other stuff than just hats from our gifts? Ive met people who say they got other stuff like actions from gifts from like 2014 and back.

Saeed 12-10-2018 05:57 PM

Actions?

4-Lom 12-10-2018 06:15 PM

Ganis, he means. or maybe pogos or bouncy balls.

Rusix 12-10-2018 07:31 PM

Well, You CAN get other stuff. But let's be honest 9/10 of us aren't going to use those ugly christmas chairs or those tables year round since, Well it isn't exactly Christmas year round and you'd be better off buying the cheapest chairs and tables in swamp.And we all probably forget about the bouncy balls and pojos after a week until someone brings up one and we bring it out to, Just to show we have it.

Overall, Yeah it would be nice to have something other than hats. But exactly what even could we get otherwise? I'm sure they wouldn't allow Gani's since you gotta place the accessories and hats onto it or whatever the case is. They sure aren't going to you a special house layout. There simply isn't too much to give past hats because of how the mechanics of this game are.

Zetectic 12-10-2018 07:47 PM

anything rng involved is plain stupid. it gives sheer excitement for 5 seconds and then you forget about it next day.
they should just revamp the whole xmas gifting system. just have the players buy whatever they want from gift stall, and gift wrap it for friends or keep it for themselves.
if iclassic is worried about income, just make a new currency, santa currency, that is only purchaseable thru itunes $$. cause it was ridiculous indeed to receive fugly hats, and stupid foods, furnis (has no resell value now). And for players who doesn't spend money, they can prob log-in for 5 days for a gift, idk...

i've seen decent ideas, but what's the point of sharing ideas, if the management has no interest in revamping their traditions.

Yonce 12-10-2018 07:56 PM

scrap christmas and bring in haunakkah!! for 8 nights u get gelt and toys!!! replace the onnet store christmas tree with a little menorah,,, make the only speakable language hebrew,,,,, let's b jewish next year?

Green 12-10-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Zetectic (Post 822434)
just have the players buy whatever they want from gift stall, and gift wrap it for friends or keep it for themselves.

This is something I've wanted forever. I'd love to be able to buy the items my friends actually want from the current in-game shops. Yes it would end up costing a lot more but they would get items they really want and will use. The current system doesn't feel "Christmasy" at all to me, gifts are pretty much free to open lootboxes which most of the time contain food or furniture that has no value anymore.

4-Lom 12-11-2018 02:55 AM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 822454)
This is something I've wanted forever. I'd love to be able to buy the items my friends actually want from the current in-game shops. Yes it would end up costing a lot more but they would get items they really want and will use. The current system doesn't feel "Christmasy" at all to me, gifts are pretty much free to open lootboxes which most of the time contain food or furniture that has no value anymore.

Year before last I got 3 rudolph plushies. They sold for about 1250 each as I recall. That was decent. I also got like 15 or more boxes of 100-200 gralats. That's super lame. Like... paid 700-800 for a gift and had it turn out to be less than 25% of the cost you paid for it...

HOWEVER the 'buy an item and gift wrap it' thing would be super difficult to implement - they would have to track every item that was purchased for every gift box.

There should be equivalent value to the gifts that you open. If this year is as crappy a ratio as last year (foods and gralats-wise) I'll just be giving out gralats in my mini game next year to avoid the scaling down of prices spent on the gifts in the first place.

Ivy 12-11-2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yonce (Post 822439)
scrap christmas and bring in haunakkah!! for 8 nights u get gelt and toys!!! replace the onnet store christmas tree with a little menorah,,, make the only speakable language hebrew,,,,, let's b jewish next year?

I accidentally glitched into the haunakkah shop in like 2012 when I was a wee lassie. I wa so upset to be broke an unable to buy the items T_T

4-Lom 12-11-2018 05:57 AM

I got the top hat there :)

Green 12-11-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 822485)
There should be equivalent value to the gifts that you open. If this year is as crappy a ratio as last year (foods and gralats-wise) I'll just be giving out gralats in my mini game next year to avoid the scaling down of prices spent on the gifts in the first place.

That's actually a great idea. I might just farm and give the gralats to people next year. If they want gifts they can always buy as many as they want use secret santa with the money.

Rusix 12-11-2018 10:35 PM

I do agree with Zetectic and Green and the others that feel the same way, We really should be able to pick out our own gifts for our friends, Like if i'm gonna spent 700 gralats(Or however much it cost this year i havent checked), 10 times and hope my friend gets something good(Which is unlikely to be anything else but gralats or hats), I'd much rather spent 3500 to 5000 gralats a wack for each present for each of my friends just so i know i got them something they'd like even if i had to spend actual money on(Prob would be the only time i ever have spent money on this game), Current system does feel too lootboxy like.

Ivy 12-12-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 822555)
I do agree with Zetectic and Green and the others that feel the same way, We really should be able to pick out our own gifts for our friends, Like if i'm gonna spent 700 gralats(Or however much it cost this year i havent checked), 10 times and hope my friend gets something good(Which is unlikely to be anything else but gralats or hats), I'd much rather spent 3500 to 5000 gralats a wack for each present for each of my friends just so i know i got them something they'd like even if i had to spend actual money on(Prob would be the only time i ever have spent money on this game), Current system does feel too lootboxy like.

I wholeheartedly agree. Unless I get hundreds of gifts it’s usually just a few ****ty hats, gralats, and a ton of food I’ll never use.

Howl 12-13-2018 02:11 AM

Quote:

Posted by Zetectic (Post 822434)
anything rng involved is plain stupid. it gives sheer excitement for 5 seconds and then you forget about it next day.
they should just revamp the whole xmas gifting system. just have the players buy whatever they want from gift stall, and gift wrap it for friends or keep it for themselves.
if iclassic is worried about income, just make a new currency, santa currency, that is only purchaseable thru itunes $$. cause it was ridiculous indeed to receive fugly hats, and stupid foods, furnis (has no resell value now). And for players who doesn't spend money, they can prob log-in for 5 days for a gift, idk...

i've seen decent ideas, but what's the point of sharing ideas, if the management has no interest in revamping their traditions.

last thing this game needs is another currency

Green 12-13-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Posted by Howl (Post 822598)
last thing this game needs is another currency

^ I already think having gralats, event tickets and upload tokens is too many.