Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2018 Midterm Elections (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41026)

TomatoPanda 11-06-2018 10:06 PM

2018 Midterm Elections

https://twitter.com/i/status/1059933618343174144

This is gonna be a long night. First polls havnt even closed yet and im already mad .-.

Ark 11-06-2018 10:23 PM

You have to be a U.S. citizen to be registered to vote though ...

Yonce 11-06-2018 10:32 PM

yeah i got scared n deleted my comment,,, but to register you need to have driver's license info and to get a license (in texas, as the video is) you need to be a legal resident,,, that proof is actually really really bad,,,

TomatoPanda 11-07-2018 02:01 AM

The democrats only care if u havw a drivers liscense lol. Theres been reports in washington that republicans didnt get their ballots even though they registered. Washington has their citizens mail their ballots in.

Yonce 11-07-2018 02:23 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 820966)
The democrats only care if u havw a drivers liscense lol. Theres been reports in washington that republicans didnt get their ballots even though they registered. Washington has their citizens mail their ballots in.

um can you please provide evidence

Aguzo 11-08-2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ark (Post 820938)
You have to be a U.S. citizen to be registered to vote though ...

https://i.imgur.com/l50xfVQ.gif

GOAT 11-08-2018 04:48 AM

Threads like these make miss GIT

The Doctor 11-08-2018 05:04 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 820966)

I’m sorry, but that’s not how it works. I volunteered for the 2016 election and there were many checks in place to make sure that the person who voted was registered and had a valid ID. We had access to all of the voter registration records. If you weren’t on there, you didn’t vote. If you weren’t a US citizen, you weren’t on the registration records.

I can’t believe people are actually brainwashed to believing this stuff.

Thallen 11-10-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by The Doctor (Post 821028)
I’m sorry, but that’s not how it works. I volunteered for the 2016 election and there were many checks in place to make sure that the person who voted was registered and had a valid ID. We had access to all of the voter registration records. If you weren’t on there, you didn’t vote. If you weren’t a US citizen, you weren’t on the registration records.

I can’t believe people are actually brainwashed to believing this stuff.

Your personal experience volunteering doesn't represent every polling station in the country though. Do you see this stuff going on in Florida right now? I do because I live here, and if nothing else it's pretty concerning

Aguzo 11-11-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 821137)
Do you see this stuff going on in Florida right now? I do because I live here, and if nothing else it's pretty concerning

The recounts?

The Doctor 11-12-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 821137)
Your personal experience volunteering doesn't represent every polling station in the country though. Do you see this stuff going on in Florida right now? I do because I live here, and if nothing else it's pretty concerning

What stuff is going on in Florida? There is no evidence of fraud. It just sounds like people are trying to make conspiracies out of thin air.

MrSimons 11-13-2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

Posted by The Doctor (Post 821205)
What stuff is going on in Florida? There is no evidence of fraud. It just sounds like people are trying to make conspiracies out of thin air.

This is the same thing that happens literally every election, and then shockingly no evidence ever shows up; or when it is investigated unaccounted votes are in the single digits.

Can't believe the nonsense some people will just believe. Voter fraud is a fake problem made up to disenfranchise legal voters.

Thallen 11-13-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Posted by The Doctor (Post 821205)

There are 67 counties in the state and coincidentally it's the two most left-leaning that can't get it together. Brenda Snipes is the Broward County elections chief and this isn't the first time we've gone down this road with her.

Not only has she failed to get the numbers in on time, something that every other county managed to do, but she's already on record admitted to having tabulated rejected ballots. She's also admitted to opening ballots and destroying ballots 10 months earlier than legally allowed. In 2012, she magically found hundreds of "unaccounted for" ballots and her elections office failed to send out 58,000 mail-in ballots. Then after the results on Tuesday, 80,000 more of these unaccounted for ballots show up and the elections office can't explain from who or where they came. They're also refusing to release public records, which they're being sued over. At the very least, she needs to be dealt with for being incompetent with how she's handled elections time and time again.

It's not a conspiracy theory that they're mishandling the ballots in Broward, they've admitted to it and there are several legal battles being fought around it right now. It does not instill voter confidence when this is happening.

Quote:

Posted by MrSimons (Post 821229)
This is the same thing that happens literally every election, and then shockingly no evidence ever shows up

Assume the possibility of the head of an elections office participating in election fraud. Are you then expecting the head of the elections office to report their own fraud? It's almost illogical to me to doubt that this happens, it's just a matter of how severely. Any system involving thousands of people handling valuable material in is going to experience this in some form, but how do you know it's happening if it's the people in charge doing it? Would you not believe that tax fraud was a thing without someone to tell you that it is? I'm not saying that the case in Broward is clearly election fraud, but you'd have to be a little naive to not think it happens.

The Doctor 11-13-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 821230)
There are 67 counties in the state and coincidentally it's the two most left-leaning that can't get it together. Brenda Snipes is the Broward County elections chief and this isn't the first time we've gone down this road with her.

Not only has she failed to get the numbers in on time, something that every other county managed to do, but she's already on record admitted to having tabulated rejected ballots. She's also admitted to opening ballots and destroying ballots 10 months earlier than legally allowed. In 2012, she magically found hundreds of "unaccounted for" ballots and her elections office failed to send out 58,000 mail-in ballots. Then after the results on Tuesday, 80,000 more of these unaccounted for ballots show up and the elections office can't explain from who or where they came. They're also refusing to release public records, which they're being sued over. At the very least, she needs to be dealt with for being incompetent with how she's handled elections time and time again.

It's not a conspiracy theory that they're mishandling the ballots in Broward, they've admitted to it and there are several legal battles being fought around it right now. It does not instill voter confidence when this is happening.

Assume the possibility of the head of an elections office participating in election fraud. Are you then expecting the head of the elections office to report their own fraud? It's almost illogical to me to doubt that this happens, it's just a matter of how severely. Any system involving thousands of people handling valuable material in is going to experience this in some form, but how do you know it's happening if it's the people in charge doing it? Would you not believe that tax fraud was a thing without someone to tell you that it is? I'm not saying that the case in Broward is clearly election fraud, but you'd have to be a little naive to not think it happens.

I agree, I think that the situation with Brenda Snipes does not look good. Especially with the numerous controversies she's had in the past. But let's not forget that Broward county is pretty much a beast, with two million residents. Although there is no excuse for the amount of times Snipes messed up, it's almost certain that the controversy with Snipes can be attributed to a series of mishaps. In fact, "A Broward County judge on Monday reiterated that he had seen no evidence of voter fraud" (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...ouster-n935476).

Just to reply to your other point, during vote tallies, representatives from both parties must be present in the process of counting votes. No system is perfect, but the penalties for election fraud are so severe, and it is so easy to be caught, that it essentially becomes a non-issue on a massive scale.

MrSimons 11-17-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 821230)

I don't think we are talking about the same issue. My complaint is the reports on "voter fraud". Claims of hundreds of dead people voting, illegal immigrants voting, people voting more than once by going to their car and putting on a hat. Most of these claims have never really had anything to suggest even truth. These are issues to which the solution isn't setting up better systems for accountability with election officials, but restricting the right to vote through various means (ex. voter id laws)... Which is what I have a problem with.