Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What if graal got the fortnite 2 treatment? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41680)

Weeno 11-06-2019 11:39 PM

What if graal got the fortnite 2 treatment?

im not in any way saying graal should do this because the current map holds COUNTLESS amount of memories. But I’m just wondering what would happen if graal completely changed maps and perhaps even the graphics. Would graal “become popular” again? I would love to see something like this happen if graal wasn’t such an old and nostalgic game. Maybe on zone it would be cool but zone is dead ofc

And none of u oldies better come in and say “don’t u dare compare graal to fortnite”

regas 11-06-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 828290)
im not in any way saying graal should do this because the current map holds COUNTLESS amount of memories. But I’m just wondering what would happen if graal completely changed maps and perhaps even the graphics. Would graal “become popular” again? I would love to see something like this happen if graal wasn’t such an old and nostalgic game. Maybe on zone it would be cool but zone is dead ofc

And none of u oldies better come in and say “don’t u dare compare graal to fortnite”

What exactly is the "Fortnite 2 Treatment" can you enlighten me? That aside regularly changing the map and graphics sounds like an absurd amount of work.

Gambit Darkmane 11-07-2019 12:10 AM

I don't know if that would make more people want to play the game I think it would just make players hate on it even more, That or it will divide the fan base for sure.

Green 11-07-2019 12:34 AM

A brand new map, to explore sounds like a lot of fun but it would require A LOT of work and honestly I doubt that the excitement from it would last more than a couple of weeks. I also don't think it would make the game "popular" again because even if the map or textures change it's still the same game with the same problems.

Weeno 11-07-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Posted by regas (Post 828291)
What exactly is the "Fortnite 2 Treatment" can you enlighten me? That aside regularly changing the map and graphics sounds like an absurd amount of work.

Basically what fortnite did was entirely changed their map. Everything thrown away and they made something new. Along with that they changed their textures and graphics. Along with that removed a lot of stuff to make the game more simple.

Perception. 11-07-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 828294)
Basically what fortnite did was entirely changed their map. Everything thrown away and they made something new. Along with that they changed their textures and graphics. Along with that removed a lot of stuff to make the game more simple.

Bro, all Halloween bags were filled with old graphics and you think they have time and money to remake all the map ?

bruh

regas 11-07-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 828294)

New maps would be cool, but I'd personally like to see more area remakes (Like what was done with SwampTown).

Gambit Darkmane 11-07-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Perception. (Post 828301)
Bro, all Halloween bags were filled with old graphics and you think they have time and money to remake all the map ?

bruh

damn they were old halloween hats? I been getting candies jus for those #feelsbadman

Green 11-07-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by Gambit Darkmane (Post 828303)
damn they were old halloween hats? I been getting candies jus for those #feelsbadman

Not all of them but quite a few are from the previous years. You'll still get a bunch of new hats.

Grant 11-07-2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Posted by Perception. (Post 828301)

bruh

Can’t blame us for this, all the items are player submissions...

Perception. 11-08-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Posted by Grant (Post 828305)
Can’t blame us for this, all the items are player submissions...

Then maybe what about let players do their own level ? make a contest about it, you guys will gain time and some players (i) will be happy doing this.:blush:

Ghettoicedtea 11-08-2019 12:34 AM

No. Considering how graal is all a community effort and you dont get paid. Not gonna happen. Theres no one that wants to script, thats what graal needs the most. No one wants to do levels. No one wants to monitor gameplay and make adjustments to improve it. No one wants to make the quality of life improvements to the game and make it cleaner to use the application. All everyone wants to do is dab on people with custom heads and bodies.

MJ4 11-08-2019 05:01 AM

I think it’ll bring all the old players back certainly but there’s no doubt that they’re going to complain about it. Almost of all of us have played this way back when we were a lot more younger and just completely revamping the wholee map will just wipe out all the memories and the good times we all had. Plus, i feel like it’s sooo unlikely that they’ll change the WHOLE map, I think the smarter decision will be to add on to all the maps and focus on upcoming events.

Perception. 11-08-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ghettoicedtea (Post 828308)
No. Considering how graal is all a community effort and you dont get paid. Not gonna happen. Theres no one that wants to script, thats what graal needs the most. No one wants to do levels. No one wants to monitor gameplay and make adjustments to improve it. No one wants to make the quality of life improvements to the game and make it cleaner to use the application. All everyone wants to do is dab on people with custom heads and bodies.

Are you done or..? Because we dont get paid you wont do something ? When you love something you'r not waiting for a reward or anything else.

Perception. 11-08-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Grant (Post 828314)
I meant like all goody bags are player submissions so if you get old hats that’s because of there not being enough submissions

Do you think it'll be the same for Christmas Gift ? No enough submissions ?