Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Nintendo Switch (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37895)

Colin 01-13-2017 02:00 AM

Nintendo Switch

In one hour the first official live-stream will launch, revealing the majority of the big news, including price, release date, and launch lineup.

Friday morning the company will be live-streaming a closer look at some of the games coming to the console.

Tune in here to watch it live: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

Thought I would give an hours heads-up so people can watch from the start, this thread is basically a discussion for thoughts about what they reveal.

I'll update the OP with information as the stream goes, for those too busy to watch or anyone who misses it:

Release/Price: March 3rd, $300USD

Online capabilities will be a paid service starting in Fall but the Switch will not have region locking like all other Nintendo devices

Battery lasts 2-6 hours varying per game, and you can play while charging

twilit 01-13-2017 03:45 AM

Also worth noting they removed the region lock on software.

Games Revealed:
1-2-Switch -- some kinda face-to-face dueling game that looks boring
Arms -- extendable arm boxing game
Splatoon2
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade2
Fire Emblem Warriors
and they said theres 80 3rd party games in development.

Basil 01-13-2017 03:56 AM

cant wait for mario odyssey, arms, and skyrim!! also hoping the JSRF2 announcement rumors are true..
✮✮hng..!! zelda looks so cute in breath of the wild!!!!

&is it true that you can trade a Wii U for the switch?

Colin 01-13-2017 04:05 AM

THAT LEGEND OF ZELDA FOOTAGE AT THE END AND MASTER SWORD WHAAAAAAAAAAA and no Basil

All videos shown are live on their site: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

G Fatal 01-13-2017 07:10 PM

The live stream was so cheesy ahah, I like the feel I get from seeing the game actions and the uniqueness of the product, for the price personally think they should of put bit lower to get more oldies buying to reminisce on such games.. but price aint all to bad, not sure on the pay for online after fall?(free before then) I used to play CoD on Wii lmao and owned the show :'D Online was quite fun then so who knows maybe be good even if have to pay for this one, Hopefully see big companies get more games out on this console but time will tell if it does well with sales etc.

Colin 01-13-2017 07:34 PM

Lot of people complaining about paid online without knowing much about it, and also claiming it's not worth it because Nintendo has poor online.

Servers cost money, bandwidth costs money, service costs money, people need to stop expecting things to be free and it's kind of annoying seeing all the negativity about this when they don't even have any details on things like pricing or how online is.

People wonder why Nintendo online hasn't always been the best in the past and that's because they offered it free, don't expect to get better online and not have to pay for it.

Dusty 01-13-2017 07:55 PM

Playstation offered their online for free on the PS3 and it was leagues better than what Nintendo still offers. If Nintendo wants to charge for online that's fine, but they need to step up their game. Can you even voicechat? I know select games like the Pokemon games support it, but does the actual system support it natively? If they plan to charge the same rate they need to play a little bit of catching up. They have been getting better, but it's at a very slow pace.

Colin 01-13-2017 08:06 PM

PlayStation also had more ways to generate money, including PlayStation Plus, there is probably a reason they switched to paid online and that's because the free model isn't something they could of kept up forever, having paid online allows them to sit comfortably and reinvest money into it as most paid online services do.

Yes voice chat is supported natively, I don't think online will be that much money, but I'm going to wait for details before making any final judgements.

Given this game is supported by a lot of third-party game development companies including those like Call of Duty I think Nintendo will offer good online services I'm guessing in the past it's been iffy because outside of a few devices the online uses of Nintendo devices were pretty basic but it seems like it will play a big role in the Switch.

It's all completely free at launch, so people will have time to see how it is and if it's something they would want to pay for.

twilit 01-13-2017 08:14 PM

https://youtu.be/qadzCB3CLlI

4-hr "treehouse" thingy showing some of the games.
-LoZ BotW @ 2h 33m
-There was a game called "SnipperClips" that wasnt shown last night. Looks like a fun team-building puzzle game.
-"1-2-Switch" was poorly explained last night; after seeing the gameplay, it looks just as boring and lame as I originally thought.

G Fatal 01-13-2017 08:43 PM

To be honest I never remembered any issue with Wii online gameplay, I do understand where people are coming from though with price -comparisons to different platforms it's more likely they'd go for that instead of Switch, BUT nitendo still has a decent community and they can't really compare nitendo stuff with ps4/xbox etc when majority of the audience for nitendo is young and it's more advertised for them that's why I don't expect it to be so great but I'm actually still thinking to get just because it's different and I think it will have fairly good games to keep fun. love the zelda graphics!

Dusty 01-13-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 756414)
To be honest I never remembered any issue with Wii online gameplay, I do understand where people are coming from though with price -comparisons to different platforms it's more likely they'd go for that instead of Switch, BUT nitendo still has a decent community and they can't really compare nitendo stuff with ps4/xbox etc when majority of the audience for nitendo is young and it's more advertised for them that's why I don't expect it to be so great but I'm actually still thinking to get just because it's different and I think it will have fairly good games to keep fun. love the zelda graphics!

Wii online was a nightmare. Friend codes were horrible, and each game had its own friend code. There was practically no voice chat in any games except I think Animal Crossing, and the only way to voice chat was with the speaker thing. A lot of games I was excited for with online had poorly implemented online(like smash brothers) that had button lag which imo is the worst way to implement online. Compared to Xbox and even Playstation it was just... "there."

Also, the other consoles have parental controls. Nintendo should not be dumbing down online for everyone because of their target demographics. That's practically what made the Wii online so bad.

Colin 01-13-2017 09:19 PM

Nintendo Switch will be implementing parental controls.

Brett 01-14-2017 01:24 AM

Don't like the street fighter 2 remake at all, seems weird/out of place... Mario/Zelda (and bomberman with friends maybe) look good everything else is kinda iffy for me

Sardon 01-14-2017 01:26 AM

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 756425)
Nintendo Switch will be implementing parental controls.

the asd for the app was so cute.

I'm pretty sure the paid online will be better ,the only reason nintendos online service was previously free was because it was ****ty and nobody would have wanted to pay for it.

Zelda looks amazing trailer made me cry, zelda looks like her character will be deeper.
I have high hopes for the game I hope they deliver a good product.
I will buy it nonetheless for it is a zelda game.

As for xenoblade chronicles 2 I wasn't really felling it
I don't like thr anime style it looks like its running on a ps2 but then again the reveal trailer for X was very different to what it turned out to be.
I hope to see some skells and british voice actors.

Also Bowsers a pimp in the new mario
The new york setting is cool, would be funny if there was one of bowsers airships hitting the twin towers.
Or if we had Bowser in trump tower.

Sir 01-14-2017 07:59 AM

Mario Kart Deluxe looks good