Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Change the Event System - Graal Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42039)

Reggie7711 11-04-2020 06:31 PM

Change the Event System - Graal Classic

I am saying this on behalf of all eventers, saying it here because I feel like it will be more noticeable here. But many people believe, including myself, that the event system should be reverted back to how it was before or someway similar. As of now it is full of glitches. Sometimes you can’t enter the warper even if you don’t have the hat, I know because I have experienced it. This new system also kind of kills the fun for people who have been into events for a long time. Lots of people have 50+ event hats so when someone hosts now, chances are they’re only going to be able to play one or two of the events hosted because they had the hats in the other ones. We don’t just do events for the hats, we do them to have fun too. This system also makes it more difficult to get recolours, I don’t know for sure, but I was told if they are hosting even the same colour of the hat you still can’t enter even if you need some recolours of that hat.

Hiph0pÇhaøs 11-05-2020 05:36 PM

For clarification for those who don't know, a new event system was recently implemented (that was not announced of course) where if you already have the hat that is being hosted, then you cannot enter the warper.

As an experienced eventer for a few years now, I can confirm everything what reggie said above as true. My two favorite things to do on graal are competing in events and towering. Everything else is boring to me. I'm at the point now where I have a decent amount of event hats almost at 60. I understand that there are greedy people who win events even when they already have the hat. But from what I've seen from my time in the event community, that's not extremely common. Most people are generous enough to let someone else win. And even if that is not the case, I believe everyone should be able to compete in events even if they have the hat. Immediately warping someone when they use their experience and memory to find warpers and not allowing them to have fun (competing in the event) just removes 1 out of 2 things that I enjoy doing on this game. I can no longer enjoy playing events as I have before. I'm limited in the amount of events that I can do. This system does bring about a positive change of allowing newer players a chance to win event hats but I feel that it has more negatives as more experienced players who have enjoyed doing events for a long time can no longer compete in them and eventually leads to people wanting to quit because they can no longer do one of the few activities that they find fun doing on graal.

Also, there's one more thing. This new system is incredible buggy and seems like it was rushed out. At first, I entered a warper where I already had the hat just to verify the new system. But now, I have entered around 3 warpers that I know are real and where I do not have the hat for and I get warped each time. I've even tried entering on my alternate accounts and it does not work. Please just revert it back to the old system. Hardly anyone complained in the first place and there are other systems that people have been wanting that are not events. Leave events alone. Focus on other parts of the game.

JinA 11-05-2020 10:48 PM

I think the complaints stem from the idea that staff-hosted events are a competitive aspect of the game. The truth is, they never were. The fact that you have over 60+ event hats or have completed the collection already proves that you are good at staff-hosted events, so there is no need for further rewards. If you want to show how good you are at the "gameplay" such as Bush race or Cliff climber, you can do that by winning carnival events multiple times since they are shown in your statistics. If I have to say one thing, the carnival events should include games that aren't included at the moment such as Sumo, Math race, Scribbles and etc that require "skills" and not "luck" - Chance, for example. The amount of wins could be added to leaderboards to encourage competition among players.

The whole situation that there's people complaining about not being able to enter most of the warpers because they already have the hat is ironic, since more than half of the playerbase have less than 10 event hats. I even know a player who has played since 2009 and only has a single event hat - which was from an event queue. What the eventers need to know is some people have never entered a warper or even know what certain event looks like, and some are tired of seeing the same winners in event messages every time. You might blame them for not trying hard enough to find warpers but the reason they gave up long ago and don't care is because warpers would fill up so quickly and winners would always be the same. This kind of change was something expected and maybe it's just about time to let other people get to know the fun. From time to time, new event hats would be added so for people who already have majority of the hats, they don't need to worry about not being able to participate.

I'm sorry to hear that there are bugs not letting people enter when they don't have the hat and this is definitely something they should work on. I heard people say it didn't let them enter when they didn't have the "recolor" but even before this new system, giving out recolors of event hats was an optional thing and you technically have the same hat, so in this case, it wouldn't be an issue. I used to be in an event guild myself, and I know eventers enjoy finding warpers and participate but I just wanted to be fair.

GOAT 11-06-2020 05:31 AM

If hats are not an issue use alt accounts EzPz

Hiph0pÇhaøs 11-06-2020 06:03 AM

Like reggie said, a simple summary is "We do events for fun". The main fun part is winning hats sure. But the other part is just getting into the event and competing. You guys say "just go do carnival events". Yeah sure, doing carnival events is basically like doing admin events. But there's no real competitive aspect when you're playing against players with around 100 hours or people who dont' even know what they're doing so you just win easily. And also are you actively searching for a warper? no, you press a button to enter a queue. The whole point of us not liking this new system was because we lose that satisfaction of using our experience and knowledge of the map to find a warper and then being able to enter it and compete in the event with other skilled eventers. When I started doing events, I was a noob. But i wanted to get better; I wanted to see my name on the admin event message; I wanted to have a ton of event hats; I wanted to be known as one of the best eventers within the event community. And that's exactly what i did.

There was definitely people way better than me when I first started and there was event guilds that entered warpers before I did. But like reggie has mentioned, these event guilds arent full to the brim with 25 people online at the same time. In general, warpers widely range between 15 max people to 50 max. That event guild will fill those spots but they're not filling all of them. During the days of big event guilds such as pyrat, I definitely wouldve understood this system being implemented. But EO has at very rare peak times 15 people online. Usually less than that. I have definitely seen new people in events that I have started to see enter more often without the need for an event guild.

There is something called "working towards becoming good at something". You don't need your hand held to find where warpers are. You just need to practice, practice, practice. Maybe travel around the map a bit and explore. It's not a hard concept

I've talked to people that complain that they've been playing graal since '09 and other years and have barely any event hats. I then look at what they usually do on graal mainly when events are being hosted. They either ignore it, continue what they're doing, or maybe attempt participating in an admin event of finding a warper and then give up and dont bother trying again. The people that have gotten better are people that see an event message and actively try to find warpers and hint locations. They are the people who ask others "where was the warper" so they know for next time if a similar hint is used or just get more knowledge of the map itself.

The people you see in every event are people who were once noobs who complained about only the "pros" getting into events. Before my event era there was older event guilds. They dominated during my time. But new players got better. One such example of an old event guild is ET. I don't know who else remembers them but they have people with 100+ event hats. They don't play actively anymore but they also started from zero and attempted to get better. They accomplished a goal that took them time. Like I've said, everyone starts from zero but the one's who get in every event and have many event hats are the ones who put in time to get better. They stopped complaining about not having hats and put in the work to learn the map and practice events.

Admin events are one of the few things that actually requires "skill" or at least "memory skill". You don't need skill to get pks or bks. It's the reason I love to do them in the first place. The reason I'm so openly against this system is because they've essentially somewhat taken away a reason for me playing graal. They've taken one of few things that you have to practice to get better at.

And for anyone who makes the alt account claim or the claim that people with the hat often win anyways, I do events on my main majority of the time. I'm not going to take away a new eventer's win or spot in a warper if I have the hat on my main.
Now some pinoys and a few americans that I've seen on the other hand don't care lol but I wouldn't say there's many. Now getting in a warper just to compete but not win it is a different thing

I've always been fine with letting someone else win if I have the hat. I just liked to be able to compete in the event because it's fun and offers different gameplay such as jump and run and spider pit. I can't do that much now since i have "alot" of event hats and wont be able to enter many warpers now.

TL;DR:
You can't participate in admin events if you have the hat already. You can't participate and let someone win if you have the hat. If you have many event hats, the amount of events that you can now do is significantly lower and finding warpers is pointless and not much fun now. Players, new or old, who actually want to find warpers, win events, and become better should practice as practicing has always been a thing for years if you wanted to be good at events.
Final note: Carnival events are lame and most of this post was made from a conversation I had on graal's discord server.

Green 11-06-2020 11:01 AM

I don’t play anymore but I’ve always wanted events to block people who already owned the hat. Nice.

4-Lom 11-07-2020 07:24 AM

Please revamp guild houses, release baboard, blow snow town to pieces, give us back York pyrat fort, and IDK, how about a new quest? Just as long as its cool while you're fixing events. As long as you're ripping up old carpets, might as well take on a few more :D Right? ;)

Also, I almost never play the carnival events because hackers and lag ruin the experience like a solid 80% of the time.

McCullough 11-08-2020 01:03 AM

So let me get this straight. Some of you mfs already have all of the event hats already, but still do the events?

Surely you dumb mfs understand how unbelievably petty and unfair that is to all the other kids who try and get into events, only to see that some loser who only plays events with over 60 pages of hats wins the hat for the 10th time in a row.

You don't need to be at the event wasting space for others if you have the awards already. Disgusting things.

You have nothing else to prove. You have the awards and hats to show for it.

4-Lom 11-08-2020 05:37 PM

Must.... Preserve... Rarity....!

McCullough 11-09-2020 01:19 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 831703)
Must.... Preserve... Rarity....!

The funny thing is the hats aren't even good. Bad cosmetics seem to be super valuable to lots of people.

Reemas 11-09-2020 06:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 831700)
So let me get this straight. Some of you mfs already have all of the event hats already, but still do the events?

Surely you dumb mfs understand how unbelievably petty and unfair that is to all the other kids who try and get into events, only to see that some loser who only plays events with over 60 pages of hats wins the hat for the 10th time in a row.

You don't need to be at the event wasting space for others if you have the awards already. Disgusting things.

Guess which admin got banned and fired for feeling this way

GOAT 11-11-2020 01:33 AM

Quote:

Woah woah
If I was at Lejeune I would be pissed off at life too :0
Wait till you go to Okinawa :D

Hiph0pÇhaøs 11-14-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

You must have no any common sense or read anything that's been said. We do events because it is an activity on graal that we enjoy. You're saying that someone that's good at events and has won alot should not do them anymore because they've already won alot. Tha's like telling someone who has towered alot to stop towering because they have too many tower hats.

Dusty 11-14-2020 11:45 PM

lol watching all the event guilds cheating on the live stream telling each other the answers for scribble and you wonder why **** like this occurs.

No you don't enjoy events, you're hat chasers--if you enjoyed the events you wouldn't cheat.

Hiph0pÇhaøs 11-15-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 831754)
lol watching all the event guilds cheating on the live stream telling each other the answers for scribble and you wonder why **** like this occurs.

No you don't enjoy events, you're hat chasers--if you enjoyed the events you wouldn't cheat.

Using the same logic, you could say during the 1k hat days people were hat chasers for making guilds back to back with the same friends and getting 1000 hours nonstop. Obtaining hats on graal is a fun thing to do. Hat chasers is an unavoidable thing. I understand cheating being bad in scribble but making an event like that is an avoidable thing simply because of the nature of how the event works. I'm not condoning cheating. What I'm saying is, it is inevitable that people abuse the system and help each other win. Of course that could be bad depending on how you look it. People help each other in sumo as well. Would you call that cheating?

But like many of you have failed to realize, we DO participate in events simply because we enjoy them. I'm sorry that you people see us in a negative light but I really do participate in admin events because I find it to be one of the few fun activities on graal.