Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zone Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Factions (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25486)

Nyte* 08-05-2014 02:44 AM

Factions

I made this post on the in game forums already, but it will probably end up getting deleted like the rest of my posts do for some reason.

I believe Zone should have factions. There will be 5-10 different factions. If a player wants to join a faction they will have to pay X amount of gralats to join or maybe even X amount of ZC. There will be a progression system and if a player wants to switch factions the cost will be losing their current faction progression and gear.

Each faction will give the players that join a unique faction weapon. To progress in their faction level they will have to get kills with the faction gun. Each level being say 300 kills. As a player's rank increases gear will open up in a faction specific shop. This could vary from guns to gun skins, melees and melee skins, hats of course, bodies, and robots. All gear would be specific to the faction.

I figured this would add some depth to Zone and could even add Faction vs Faction events. Some Lore/Story could even be introduced with separate factions fighting etc. This would also give some players not really interested in pking a reward and goal for doing so. Tell me what you think about this idea.

5hift 08-05-2014 04:01 AM

So much Destiny.

optimuswhat 08-05-2014 05:17 AM

There's going to be this one faction everyone joins, and that faction will be superior in every way, while all the other factions suck.

kenthefruit 08-05-2014 05:21 AM

I really like this idea. I could see players trying to get every unique item from each faction. It'd be something to do for awhile.

Tricxta 08-05-2014 11:26 AM

This would be a pretty fun idea as long as it's constructed in such a way that one faction can not dominate without gaining some sort of disadvantage in the process.

Nyte* 08-05-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tricxta (Post 496164)
This would be a pretty fun idea as long as it's constructed in such a way that one faction can not dominate without gaining some sort of disadvantage in the process.

Yeah right off the top of my head maybe if one single faction has a substantial amount of more people, then it will take double or even triple the amount of kills to level up in that faction. While in the Factions with low amounts of members they would be able to level up in half the amount of kills.

Although I'm not quite sure if the graal engine would allow something to that level.

Quote:

Posted by optimuswhat (Post 496108)
There's going to be this one faction everyone joins, and that faction will be superior in every way, while all the other factions suck.

Take out the whole Faction vs. Faction events. If everyone wants to join the same Faction than it's a disadvantage for everyone. Everyone would be getting the same gear as eachother and wouldn't look very unique if they chose to wear it.

Maybe you're thinking that the faction specific gun that one faction has would be better than the other faction specific guns. I was thinking that each gun would have the same damage, same ROF, same bullet speed, etc. Then the staff would make each gun look different from eachother.

iHot 08-05-2014 02:27 PM

Paying to join a faction makes no sense. Why not just have set requirements for each specific faction and players can work towards that instead?

Nyte* 08-05-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Posted by iHot (Post 496185)
Paying to join a faction makes no sense. Why not just have set requirements for each specific faction and players can work towards that instead?

That would work as well, there could be a lot of different ways to get into one. Sorry the gralats were just a thought.

Gralats or ZC make sense in my eyes because you would be getting a gun once you enter the faction. I doubt the higher ups would want people getting a gun for free.

Cookie Xanadu 08-05-2014 04:37 PM

In other words, eliminate the 200+ mini-squads and squad-related things and replace it with 3-5 groups and force everyone to actually be a team? I love it. 10/10 would support. No robots doe

Tashkin 08-06-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Nyte* (Post 496175)
Although I'm not quite sure if the graal engine would allow something to that level.

It is very possible to make it even out the teams/factions.

This is an interesting idea. It would replace squads as Cookie said he would love. We could probably work on something like this.

5hift 08-06-2014 01:03 AM

Well aside from this idea being a total steal from Destiny I'm really digging it.

What should the names of the factions be?

Nyte* 08-06-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 496332)
Well aside from this idea being a total steal from Destiny I'm really digging it.

Destiny isn't the first game to have factions, faction progression, or faction gear lol.

Stratus 08-06-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 496332)

Names: Zonius Empire, Arkania Dominion, Vaktovian Empire, Izrokan Federation

Cookie Xanadu 08-06-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tashkin (Post 496321)
It is very possible to make it even out the teams/factions.

This is an interesting idea. It would replace squads as Cookie said he would love. We could probably work on something like this.

Tash if you do this and have a couple of factions (like 6 max for now, considering that having too many would spread players too thin until it picks up much more) then I would no-homo love you bro.

Also, is it possible to make one of the old maps like the actual map from PC? Honestly, I'd probably quit bitching if there at least one map that allowed 2 static teams to duel it out like it is on PC.

Tashkin 08-06-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Cookie Xanadu (Post 496551)
Tash if you do this and have a couple of factions (like 6 max for now, considering that having too many would spread players too thin until it picks up much more) then I would no-homo love you bro.

Also, is it possible to make one of the old maps like the actual map from PC? Honestly, I'd probably quit bitching if there at least one map that allowed 2 static teams to duel it out like it is on PC.

I am not sure that we have enough players to support 6 factions right now. We could possibly start out with 4 factions. This would keep the teams fairly even.

My questions our should we make players choose a faction and they have to stay on that faction permanently. This could be bad in my opinion in-case friends change or they were forced to join this faction due to another one already having to many players.

Should we make it so they have to pay to leave their faction on join another one. (I support this obviously) We would want to make it a decent amount because we don't want players switching factions constantly.

I think if we go the second route that items from the previous faction should obviously be removed from the player. Don't need non-faction members using another factions weapons.

We need to get a list of possible ideas for doing this system. What exactly should each faction do? Where should they do their task? Should the factions level up? Should the player in the faction game levels within the faction? Etc.

How can we get players to actually participate in this? A lot of players go out an do their own thing. If we were to have factions we would need to make sure that this is actually being used. So this is a very important thing to discuss. Answers like oh don't worry they will do it are not enough.

If you want me to take this seriously then you all will need to as well. Otherwise I will not waste my time nor my staffs time even thinking about this system. So start discussing and keep this thread on topic and clean of arguments and vulgar language. It will not be tolerated and will be seen as not taking any of this seriously. Think about it and discuss. I will watch this thread.

tl;dr: Read it anyway you need to.