Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Graal 3D news? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41976)

TyVERT 07-29-2020 06:30 AM

Graal 3D news?

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know anything about or have any news on graal3d, its been quite a while..

Crono 07-29-2020 08:27 AM

lmao same questions we used to ask almost 15 years ago

iHot 08-06-2020 05:17 AM

Honestly, I'm still trying to find out what the appeal for 3D Graal is..

Shurikan 08-06-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by iHot (Post 831092)
Honestly, I'm still trying to find out what the appeal for 3D Graal is..

You have a valid concern.

It will just divide the already dwindling player base as players leave one Graal game to try out the new ones. Not to mention the new 3D games will not have close to the amount of content, items, etc to match the existing content in the 2D games.

Also the 3D mechanics offered in the 3D versions are not enough to set it apart from other 3D games on the app store. Development costs of a 3D game are much higher and has a higher learning curve for new artists who might want to help contribute. (Which is much easier on a 2D game)

As much as I want a successful 3D Graal game, if they do release it will be detrimental to the community and Graal IP.

Oasa 08-31-2020 02:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 831064)
lmao same questions we used to ask almost 15 years ago

bro i remember when that stupid demo came out with the skiing and it was such ass.

graal3d when

maximus_asinus 08-31-2020 02:32 PM

the real question is when will we see flying technology?

renulod 10-31-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shurikan (Post 831094)
You have a valid concern.

It will just divide the already dwindling player base as players leave one Graal game to try out the new ones. Not to mention the new 3D games will not have close to the amount of content, items, etc to match the existing content in the 2D games.

Also the 3D mechanics offered in the 3D versions are not enough to set it apart from other 3D games on the app store. Development costs of a 3D game are much higher and has a higher learning curve for new artists who might want to help contribute. (Which is much easier on a 2D game)

As much as I want a successful 3D Graal game, if they do release it will be detrimental to the community and Graal IP.

I don't see how it would be detrimental in anyway to the Graal IP or the community. The community is extremely tight nit(at least those who found out about the extended world outside of phone servers). It would give their moderately sized dedicated playerbase something new to plonk around in for a little bit.

The playerbase has been "dwindling" since Graals inception. iClassic and the phone servers are their own beasts, and the only thing that could be considered successful about wider Graal. They essentially are a seperate community in and of themselves and making any kind of new Graal could never negatively impact that brand.

So in the end you're talking about turning off a very small few who would play it and magically be turned off to the rest of Graal that they've been religiously following for the past decade +?

Emera 11-02-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Posted by renulod (Post 831647)
I don't see how it would be detrimental in anyway to the Graal IP or the community. The community is extremely tight nit(at least those who found out about the extended world outside of phone servers). It would give their moderately sized dedicated playerbase something new to plonk around in for a little bit.

The playerbase has been "dwindling" since Graals inception. iClassic and the phone servers are their own beasts, and the only thing that could be considered successful about wider Graal. They essentially are a seperate community in and of themselves and making any kind of new Graal could never negatively impact that brand.

So in the end you're talking about turning off a very small few who would play it and magically be turned off to the rest of Graal that they've been religiously following for the past decade +?

If anything this is another argument against Graal 3D. You don't make games for players to "plonk around in for a little bit". If that were the case you'd be spending time and money creating something that aims to supress its own success, which is madness.

Shuri makes some great points IMO.

comics 06-05-2021 02:42 PM

Whatever it is, I'm not getting into the game again unless it is something new.