Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Advertisement? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41737)

SammyPs 12-09-2019 12:14 PM

Advertisement?

I know unixmad got stax why dont he just pay for some advertisement to boost the player count xddddd!!!!!111!

Dusty 12-09-2019 01:00 PM

I don't really see what the benefit of more players would be at this point. Most games mirror servers after a certain threshold is achieved, and Graal teeters on the edge of that point(some would argue it's past that point). The difference, however, is that you won't be seeing mirrored servers on Graal. The only thing that more players will achieve is more lag. The game already feels very dense and populated(at least on Classic) so what will more density achieve?

Unless Graal steps up and starts mirroring(which I doubt it will), I'd say the current population is pretty solid. It would probably be a very different story if the game wasn't being propped up by the Brazilian population, though. If Graal were to add mirrors, there would need to be a lot of restructuring as right now it's all organized around maintaining one server.

Ghettoicedtea 12-09-2019 02:01 PM

Because the games dead af
These forums are dead
Playerworlds is dead
Izone is dead
Ol west is dead
Delteria is still dead
Classic is still living
Era is unfortunately still alive.

Heeble 12-09-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 828909)
Spoiler
I don't really see what the benefit of more players would be at this point. Most games mirror servers after a certain threshold is achieved, and Graal teeters on the edge of that point(some would argue it's past that point). The difference, however, is that you won't be seeing mirrored servers on Graal. The only thing that more players will achieve is more lag. The game already feels very dense and populated(at least on Classic) so what will more density achieve?

Unless Graal steps up and starts mirroring(which I doubt it will), I'd say the current population is pretty solid. It would probably be a very different story if the game wasn't being propped up by the Brazilian population, though. If Graal were to add mirrors, there would need to be a lot of restructuring as right now it's all organized around maintaining one server.

I’d be surprised if there was enough man power to work on an update like that. Seems like you guys have enough on your plate as it is. Mirrors would be a nice addition, though. At least a portuguese mirror

SammyPs 12-19-2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 828909)

i mean, as in the games like Ol' West, Zone etc.