Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ol' West Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Time For Change (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41505)

Killfun 07-05-2019 04:45 AM

Time For Change

Introduction

Hello! Welcome to my thread. I am an Ol’ West Player that goes by the name “Sage”. Some of you may know me as “Event God”. Here I will be expressing my thoughts about Ol’ West in its current condition.

(KEEP IN MIND: nothing in this thread is guaranteed to take place. These are only ideas I am sharing with the community that I have come up with based on my judgement. Feel free to share your opinions. All inputs will be greatly appreciated.)

Economy

The current economical aspect among ol west players is not what I believe was intended upon release of the server. As of right now, the primary route to wealth is through creating multiple player accounts and investing into a large amount of farming plots. This method has caused a massive inflation of gralats within the playerbase. This abuse of the farming system does nothing but lead to the other jobs that players spend large amounts of hours manually operating becoming entirely obsolete. Why would anyone mine, woodcut, or fish without macroing; only to make a fraction of what a player with 10 farm accounts is making passively? Now of course you can’t just start out with 150k gralats to grow on 10 accounts, but after you’ve made that money, you never need to use any manual jobs ever again unless it’s for a small boost of profit.

Fixes:: Increase crop growth times, Only allow crops to grow while the player’s account is online, overall nerf the farming system profit rate.

Events

Here’s where some bias may influence all of our opinions toward this feature of the game. From what I understand; events, along with their exclusive items were implemented as a collection of goals to reach for through displaying prowess and practice paying off for a greater reward by competing in the variety of events we have. But on Ol’ West, recently there’s been a massive amount of hs being given via chance and team oriented events. There is just simply not enough “viable” event items to justify giving out hs to anyone for the lack of actual effort put in compared to veteran event players who spent countless hours competing in skill based events, prior to the excess “free hs”. All mass hosting team and chance events is doing is allowing just anyone to obtain these symbols of expertise with little to no effort, ultimately extinguishing the glory for those who truly earned them through competition. And not only that, but this ties in with the inferior gang point items becoming much more difficult to obtain than their direct upgrades that are in the events shop...

Fixes: Limit the amount of chance/team that can take place per day or per host, mass produce new event items, buff useless event items so there’s more to work for, or remove chance elements from races (water races, grav 3, hard races, multi 1, etc)

Gang Points

Gang Points at one point were a sub-currency that allowed players to obtain weapons and hats through their time spent BASING. (Meaning kills and the time they were in bases under their gang’s ownership. [1 point per minute]) As of now, this entire system is completely dysfunctional and can be argued to be nearly pointless. Nowadays, you no longer receive gang points passively from in-base time. Only for killing other players.(which is also extremely ineffective with the current rates.) A player now only receives 0.5 gang points per kill, and 1 gang point per kill in a base under their ownership. From my experience, a new player will reach 100k pks with on average around 70k in earned career gang points. If you compare this to the “older” players, you will notice the massive imbalance that the change has caused(Old system allowed players to earn 1 GP per min in owned bases). For example; hypothetically, a player acquires 50k pks while basing for 1500 in their own gang base with 0 mins missed with base ownership. That player in the new system will have earned roughly 35k gang points. But with the old system, they would’ve earned 125k gang points at least. There is an insane difference between new and old players. Which leads to gang points essentially being “Early Access Content” (Btw, door knocker price raised from 10k to 30k along with the gp gain nerf lol)

Fixes: Bring back the old system, completely wipe all gp items and compensate loss for 1 gp per kill the player has and keep a base gain of 1 per kill, revamp the entire system and remove all gp items.

Balancing

There’s been a lot of debates going on around the weapon stats that we have as of right now. Some weapons that have been added are just insanely overpowered.(Primarily auction weapons.) I understand that auction items are supposed to be highly valuable because of the gralat price tag attached to them, but making them literally disturb the PvP scene is a bit too far. One main weapon is the tarot cards. They’re just busted op. And as these are being implemented, there are many weapons that are underpowered for the efforts necessary to acquire, that are basically scrapped weapons. Not much to say about this subject other than it needs work.

Fixes: Assign an admin specifically for balancing weapons(taking into consideration; cost, functionality)

Now, everyone... Let’s start the discussion!

Scone 07-05-2019 01:02 PM

Old GP system was implemented to reward players who base exclusively, where you can get 1 gp for every minute you’re at a base. Cbow being 33k, that’s 550 hours and/or roughly 23 days if you exclusively afk in a base for 23 days straight without losing any GP. So if you only played 12 hours a day it’d take 46 days to get cbow which most players does not base exclusively for 12 hours or more a day. This system however encouraged basing as there was a big number of people who wanted to base for gp. Everyone overlooked this and claimed GP is easy to earn and yes while it is easy to earn, it would take over a month of hardcore basing to get a cbow. the reason so many people had GP items is because it was a system where almost everyone can earn it and GP isn’t exclusive like HS. When cbow and staff first came out
not many people had good gp item for the first year. the majority of the players took roughly year of basing to get GP item. The current GP system does not reward players who base at all. If you took two players and made one base while make another pk exclusively. the player who pks will get Cbow and more gp items plus pk gun long before the player who bases exclusively will get a cbow. I have based for over 4,000 hours and my kills is roughly 40k. This just proves that GP system now rewards pker and not people who actually base. I’ve just gotten wooden recently and with certainly i can say that not everyone will be able to get wooden unless they get 95% of their hs from team events. To win races or skills you’d need a good wifi and pretty fast device to outrank other people(I play an iphone 8 and my wifi is pretty fast), with the consideration that delay because of where you live will play a part in advantages on race as well as you need to attend races pretty often to learn the tricks to them. You’d also need to attend events to get HS and as someone who’s PST timezone a lot of events are host from midnight to morning for me. To get wooden i had to absolutely no life the heck out of graal in order to get HS(i’m in two guild disc with events spam that is inactive). So yes HS is a lot harder to get than GP, but with the introduction of HS piece, HS is starting the pattern of old gp system again. Some players will get it super fast but other player will slowly get it, but in a year or so there will be a lot of players with HS item just like GP item. This is my personal view on the problem of HS/GP item because right now everyone is earning hs quicker than GP which is really ironic.

TomatoPanda 07-08-2019 05:34 PM

The easiest solution for the whole gun debate is to make it so you only get Gun skins from Holidays, Auctions, GP, and HS and to make it so we can actually trade the skins. If the staff would just focus on making and balancing 30 unique tier 5 guns all over 100k gralats to buy then this wouldnt be a problem right now. All of the current guns/bows including holiday, gp, and hs ones need nerfed and the staff need to release new Tier 5 Guns in GRALAT shops all that are unique to use for different playstyles. If they would do this they would get more people spending money for gralat packs for the guns themselves while at the same time making the gun skins inside holiday shops more valuable and more likely to be purchased causing the Trade community and economy of the game to Boom again.

Farming needs to be completely redone the fact that people are making gralats by not playing the game is stupid. Because of this mistake you need to force sell everybodys crops before releasing a new Farming System.

We need a SINGLE Gun Admin again having the Sheriffs do all the balancing is causing so many stupid stats for weapons. The Gun Admin should also be in charge of all Melee stats.

If you guys would just focus on 30 tier 5 Guns it would also make it easier for the GFX admins cause they would only need to make Gun Skins instead of brand new guns that make no sense with the games Theme every holiday also this would give more time for the staff team to start developing new content like crafting (lmfao been waiting 4 years and counting).

The Map needs to be redone again! Idk who had the bright idea to make the game "Graal Islands" when the theme is suppose to be Western. If you really dont have an idea what to put on the Maps boundarys just put us in a Canyon to make it more western instead of water which makes no sense whatsoever. When people talk about the West they are talking about the Midwest and Central USA like some parts of Texas not the South East areas of the United States on the coast with the thousands of rivers which obviously isnt Western. There should only be some streams of water on the map for panning for gold not rivers cutting the damn map in half.

Bases need to have their own small Unique tilesets and the LATs/Sheriffs need to redue the levels every year to keep basing more fresh.

Gp needs to go back to the Minute per GP again. They are GANG POINTS not PK POINTS. Even though it encourages people to AFK it also encourages to get people more into basing and if the GP shop was just Gun Skins, Toys, Hats and Accessorys then it wouldnt be a big deal.

If HS was just Gun Skins, Toys, Hats and Accessorys then you wouldnt have to worry about limiting events like Team and Chance everyday. This may piss off the 40 same people that are good at Skill events and Races but theyll just have to get over it.

Gang Spar Tournament needs to come back. Single Spar Tournaments need to be a thing. A Huge Soccer Tournament needs to be a thing every year also. CTF needs to have its own building and be removed from events and turned into another Gang Activity with Tournaments.

These are just some of the things I and others around me have suggested over the years Wings please take some bloody Notes.

Leo Zeldak 07-08-2019 10:32 PM

I disagree with the events part

TomatoPanda 07-09-2019 02:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by Leo Zeldak (Post 826545)
I disagree with the events part

The moment you make HS and/or GP weapons better then Gralat weapons is the moment Gralats arnt worth anything to the basing community. Thats why at the moment nobody cares about gralats on the same level as before except when it comes to buying uploads which is stupid when gralats is suppose to be the main currency for the game.

You have to look passed your bias with events and stop wanting the best weapons just cause you can use a PC for races and skill events lol.

Scone 07-09-2019 02:34 AM

Gp/hs/spar/pk weapon should be better than weapon bought with gralats, it’s why I like ol west. You spend a year getting a weapon just to get beaten by someone who itunes a weapon that’s on par with yours. PTW. Auction weapons should be nerfed.

Leo Zeldak 07-09-2019 02:52 AM

what, he just called himself event god lolo

TomatoPanda 07-09-2019 02:56 AM

Quote:

Posted by Scone (Post 826547)
Gp/hs/spar/pk weapon should be better than weapon bought with gralats, it’s why I like ol west. You spend a year getting a weapon just to get beaten by someone who itunes a weapon that’s on par with yours. PTW. Auction weapons should be nerfed.

Notice how PTW games are succesful? I understand what you mean but what im saying is whats best for the server as a whole. West already has the best Jobs compared to the other servers when it comes to making gralats some of which need nerfed. Graal is a business just like every other game thats why having HS and GP weapons instead of just skins is dumb cause not only is the server losing money but its destroying the in game economy making gralats more and more useless.

Quote:

Posted by Leo Zeldak (Post 826549)
what, he just called himself event god lolo

I did not say that learn how to read.

Leo Zeldak 07-09-2019 03:00 AM

Oh that was to sage

Sent from my LDN-L21 using Tapatalk

TomatoPanda 07-09-2019 03:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by Leo Zeldak (Post 826551)
Oh that was to sage

Oh my bad pal oof please use quotes when responding in the future I see your a little bit new to the forums :)

Leo Zeldak 07-09-2019 03:07 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 826552)
Oh my bad pal oof please use quotes when responding in the future I see your a little bit new to the forums :)

Oh i tried using that on pc and it said put a tittle lol thanks [emoji16]

Scone 07-09-2019 11:34 AM

Ask EA how PTW is going for them lol. Look at battlefront II, Look any For Honor when they decided to closed off heroes to make them unlock able but taking an insanely huge amount of time to any hero. EA had lawsuits and memes made out of them, Ubisoft had to redo coin system.Or look at Destiny and Destiny II, Destiny was amazing and people loved destiny but as soon as their hard earned emotes and gun catalyst were available for people who had money destiny lost a bunch of its players.

TomatoPanda 07-09-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Scone (Post 826558)
Ask EA how PTW is going for them lol. Look at battlefront II, Look any For Honor when they decided to closed off heroes to make them unlock able but taking an insanely huge amount of time to any hero. EA had lawsuits and memes made out of them, Ubisoft had to redo coin system.Or look at Destiny and Destiny II, Destiny was amazing and people loved destiny but as soon as their hard earned emotes and gun catalyst were available for people who had money destiny lost a bunch of its players.

How are you gonna compare console games to a mobile game LOL. The big difference is all those games the players had to pay $60 just to play the damn game then the dumb game developers tried to scam even more money. Graal is free and mainly MOBILE and if you didnt live under a rock you would realize mobile games need a system of ingame purchases or they wouldnt be able to afford the servers. Best games on the appstore and google store right now are "PTW" but they still give you the option of getting the same stuff by working for it in game. The fact that your trying to say that out of all servers olwest would turn into a "PTW" server when it has the best jobs to make gralats out of all the damn graal servers shows you dont have a clue what your talking about.

Scone 07-09-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 826559)
How are you gonna compare console games to a mobile game LOL. The big difference is all those games the players had to pay $60 just to play the damn game then the dumb game developers tried to scam even more money. Graal is free and mainly MOBILE and if you didnt live under a rock you would realize mobile games need a system of ingame purchases or they wouldnt be able to afford the servers. Best games on the appstore and google store right now are "PTW" but they still give you the option of getting the same stuff by working for it in game. The fact that your trying to say that out of all servers olwest would turn into a "PTW" server when it has the best jobs to make gralats out of all the damn graal servers shows you dont have a clue what your talking about.

Ol west isn’t as developed as era or classic most people wouldn’t even itune on ol west for anything. It’d be much better to get more players so more people can buy gralat packs rather then having the same people buy more gralat packs. Let’s say 1 in 10 people buy gralat packs, turn the game into somewhere where hard work means nothing and you’ll lose player count and less people buying gralat pack. Turn the game into something worth playing and there’ll be more people playing therefore increasing the number of potential gralat pack users. If you’ve failed to look at how turning gralats based weapon into the best guns in game is a good thing then i pray to god you don’t start a business anytime soon.

TomatoPanda 07-09-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by Scone (Post 826561)
Ol west isn’t as developed as era or classic most people wouldn’t even itune on ol west for anything. It’d be much better to get more players so more people can buy gralat packs rather then having the same people buy more gralat packs. Let’s say 1 in 10 people buy gralat packs, turn the game into somewhere where hard work means nothing and you’ll lose player count and less people buying gralat pack. Turn the game into something worth playing and there’ll be more people playing therefore increasing the number of potential gralat pack users. If you’ve failed to look at how turning gralats based weapon into the best guns in game is a good thing then i pray to god you don’t start a business anytime soon.

I said FARMING needed a nerf when it comes to jobs because at the moment people are getting gralats while not even playing the game thats not "Hard Work" thats laziness.
How is afking in a base for GP "Hard Work" for graal players?
How is doing events for HS "Hard Work" when 1/2 of the events is all about luck, 1/4 of the events all about what device your using and the final 1/4 of events is where actual skill is needed?
Players arnt gonna quit doing events just because the HS Shop would stop selling weapons and instead focused on Gun Skins. If you believe they would or the staff put it to a Poll then.
Players arnt gonna stop basing if the GP shop started selling Gun Skins instead of actual weapons.

If the best weapons in the game were all purchased using Gralats then no your wrong more people WOULD start buying Gralat Packs not stop. What your saying makes absolutely no sense.

Cavit 07-10-2019 12:30 PM

No more kids on trade table with 100000000000k onion crops.

SammyPs 07-10-2019 04:55 PM

Agreed with on so many levels 😩

ArchieIsHere 07-10-2019 08:08 PM

Auction weapons clearly need to be nerfed.

To begin with, they are way too overpowered and only those who macro/ use 10+ farming accounts can afford them.