Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The game (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42066)

Skyte 12-06-2020 02:43 AM

The game

Hey there im an old graalian since the 2010 era. This game used to be very fun and intriguing on the early days but now i see it as more as an event game where you just wait for things to happen. Most of the events itself are not that bad but the aftermath of events are really bland. Let's get things clear. The game itself is nothing but a social zone for (predators, roleplayers and trolls) during bland times but in times of Events and GST's this is where collectors and competitive players shine on the game. This game also wants you to work your ass off on bounty, looting and farming but still gets nerfed to the point of being useless and not worth doing. Feel free to criticize this and tell me the reason why are you still here.

Crono 12-06-2020 03:06 AM

Quote:

Posted by Skyte (Post 831958)
old graalian

Quote:

Pick one.

jk carry on

Skyte 12-06-2020 05:21 AM

I was still very young that time and i only made a forums account when i got on the 9th grade

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 831959)
Pick one.

jk carry on

eh just for specific purposes on when i got into this cursed land

GOAT 12-07-2020 12:53 AM

Quote:

Hey there im an old graalian since the 2010 era.

Everyone knows that in real Graal (the one that counts, iGraal 2009-present) only the 2009 players are considered old graalians.
Shoutout to Comet and Lia

Quote:

The game itself is nothing but a social zone for (predators, roleplayers and trolls)

Shoutout to Alumni :love:

Quote:

H This game used to be very fun and intriguing on the early days but now i see it as more as an event game where you just wait for things to happen. Most of the events itself are not that bad but the aftermath of events are really bland. Let's get things clear. The game itself is nothing but a social zone for (predators, roleplayers and trolls) during bland times but in times of Events and GST's this is where collectors and competitive players shine on the game. This game also wants you to work your ass off on bounty, looting and farming but still gets nerfed to the point of being useless and not worth doing. Feel free to criticize this and tell me the reason why are you still here.

This server has and will always be a social server. Out of the 3.5k that were on today maybe 40 were participating in competitive aspects of the game.

Games are created to make money, so obviously they're going to push you to just buy the packs.

With my 10+ years of Graal experience I can say that all the fun I had on the server was created by myself. Weirdly enough it always consisted of annoying other players.
Shoutout to 2010 100 hour room pk'ng healers, troll pk'ng, pond pk'rs(Hi Nuby), open space bush/item pk'rs, original snow ball pk'rs/harassers and the Graalinas spar community.

One thing the server created which I enjoyed was the Destiny tower design.
Shoutout to Lia for taking those ass whoopings like a champ.

Sir Travis 12-08-2020 12:31 PM

I love meeting other pixel enthusiasts, seeing art created by many hands, and of course hauling in baddies for justice

The open contests are a wonderful leap forwards, it’s allowed me to learn from some great talents, I suppose it’s true that it’s a social game over all else but it has allowed me to learn a lot about many nations, art styles, and outlooks on life... and finally generate some pixel junk of my own :D

Happy holidays, and If you get my hat in a gift... I’m sorry in advance, it’s my first time lol

4-Lom 12-09-2020 02:49 AM

I'd tell you why I'm here but I'd have to kill you.

JK

I've got to keep bombing grass now so I can buy Xmas gifts.

Also, I just lost the game.

Tyrannis 12-30-2020 11:00 AM

This post amuses me. Started playing in 2000, seeing someone post about old graal being 2009 made me chuckle.

This same thread has been made a thousand times. the game changes, your friends leave and you will lose interest in the game and claim it's boring now. Wait a few years, come back, make new friends, and the cycle repeats.

IMO the only constant is PKing, enjoy that and the game will never change. Well, as long as they don't turn the pond back into a no pk zone...

GOAT 12-31-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Posted by Tyrannis (Post 832123)
IMO the only constant is PKing, enjoy that and the game will never change. Well, as long as they don't turn the pond back into a no pk zone...

Dkdd Messiah hmmm
Sounds like the name of a guy I used to slaughter by the graal city entrance circa 2011-2012. Must a been a copy because that guy was really quiet and he would just take his ass whooping like a champ.

Anyways I agree with this part.

Quote:

Posted by Tyrannis (Post 832123)
This post amuses me. Started playing in 2000, seeing someone post about old graal being 2009 made me chuckle.

Correction, you started BETA graal in 2000 (also known as PC graal) and real graal (also known as iGraal) started in 2009.

Tyrannis 12-31-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 832138)
Dkdd Messiah hmmm
Sounds like the name of a guy I used to slaughter by the graal city entrance circa 2011-2012. Must a been a copy because that guy was really quiet and he would just take his ass whooping like a champ.

I am not copy, idk why anyone would copy me lol. Come and see me at the pond if you want a rematch. Haven’t had my ass whooped in a while. Could always use a good walloping to keep me humble.

I rarely speak in game due to not knowing who I’m talking to, that and if you cant take a death you shouldn’t be PKing. Considering the average player in this game would prbly be 15 years younger than me, I typically only reply and never really engage in the social aspect. That would be creepy.

McCullough 12-31-2020 03:28 PM

I still have a lot of fun PKing here and there. I have a blast fighting at 0.5HP when I have multiple people trying to kill me, only for them to die to my superior skill and evasive abilities.
They get so upset from me killing them more than once when they can't finish me off at 0.5HP. Everyone else nowadays just offs themselves when they get to 0.5HP, but it's always great to flex on them when I survive at 0.5HP for 5 minutes XD.

Tyrannis 12-31-2020 05:02 PM

I have more respect for a horrible PKer that will take a death and a godlike PKer that bombs themself. Imagine if the suicide knife was still a thing

GOAT 12-31-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tyrannis (Post 832139)
I am not copy, idk why anyone would copy me lol. Come and see me at the pond if you want a rematch. Haven’t had my ass whooped in a while. Could always use a good walloping to keep me humble.

I confirmed yesterday that you were the guy I was talking about. 10 years and you still use the same outfit/head :D

Our lil match was getting good, too bad you left me :'(

I pk the pond when my area is dead and haven't seen you there.

Quote:

Posted by Tyrannis (Post 832139)
I rarely speak in game due to not knowing who I’m talking to, that and if you cant take a death you shouldn’t be PKing. Considering the average player in this game would prbly be 15 years younger than me, I typically only reply and never really engage in the social aspect. That would be creepy.

It's only creepy if you make it creepy. I don't want to mention names.

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 832140)
I still have a lot of fun PKing here and there. I have a blast fighting at 0.5HP when I have multiple people trying to kill me, only for them to die to my superior skill and evasive abilities.
They get so upset from me killing them more than once when they can't finish me off at 0.5HP. Everyone else nowadays just offs themselves when they get to 0.5HP, but it's always great to flex on them when I survive at 0.5HP for 5 minutes XD.

This is the best thing about pk'ng.
I don't flex on them but I will mess with them to see if they're cool or lame tryhards.

Tyrannis 12-31-2020 08:57 PM

Idk, I just don’t feel like its my place to take part in the social interactions between average players. I have my group but most of them are older players and I generally don’t go outside of it. As soon as anyone finds out you’re older than 20 people will find a way to make you seem creepy so I just stay out of it to avoid the situation. I know I wouldn’t want my kid (yes I’m that old, been playing this game on and off for 20 damn years) interacting with a 30 year old because I have come across some genuine creeps in this game.

I just PK, help other players learn to PK and maybe give out some advice to help people if I feel I can. I try to be a good influence in the game while having a few good fights. Win some, lose some, whatever it’s all fun and games. I’m sure we’ll go at it again.

EDIT: To bring it back to the OP, he is right. The game is full of very toxic people, always has been. The only thing that made it interesting was the quest and stories we used to have. I remember when when they destroyed Destiny town, it was a massive event with fires, explosions and NPC invasions. Had heart quest and long epic quest for different sword powers. They used to try experimental systems like the races we had for a bit. They sucked and one or two were just simply overpowered and made the rest pointless, but it was at least interesting and even the dumb races and cool mechanics. Now all we have are bland game events, new hats and assholes. Graal needs a bit more than that to succeed. Idk if its due to lack of imagination or a lack of technical skill but something needs to change or it will go the way of the PC client.

Crono 01-01-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tyrannis (Post 832145)
The only thing that made it interesting was the quest and stories we used to have.

You mean the one off aspect of the game that maybe made up for 1% of your total hours?

Tyrannis 01-02-2021 01:25 AM

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 832149)
You mean the one off aspect of the game that maybe made up for 1% of your total hours?

Yes, and no. Made up more that, did the quests multiple times on multiple accounts for myself and assisting others with their quest. Graal has always underestimated the effect of creating your character has on people. Collecting items, hearts and swords gets people more attached to game and made the vets feel worth sin someone had to remember where everything was.

Maybe someone is happy grinding for gralets to buy new hats. I always feel that earning items is better. I also mentioned other systems in my post like the races that came out. The game changed pretty often and evolved during the time before the NPC server forced the server wipe. Which I hope you remember as well Crono. I also admit that I only PK and might be ip to date with current content.

Graal is by no means a bad game, but it does have an issue with player retention. The most important aspect to keeping people around in a MMO are the social circles they create. In my experience easier to make those if they have objectives to complete. Even if it is 1% of game time, vets helping new guildmates get up to power helps to build bonds between players to keep them online.