Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   No motivation to actively base (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39723)

Aftermath 09-20-2017 01:46 AM

No motivation to actively base

There's almost no point of basing now besides gang specific rewards (hats ect) because the rate of gp is so low.
You probably get around 10 gp in a base per hour (unless it's bank which is a full time war zone) even then its nothing compared to how it used to be.
So yeah give back the old system or think of something better if y'all are so keen on this kill=gp thing. Because it doesn't work and it will never work the way it is now

Clown 09-20-2017 05:18 AM

Just means you have to work harder for the items you want

Eugeen 09-20-2017 10:32 AM

Basing was ruined and we all know it, telling them to work harder is a nice joke ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aftermath 09-20-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Posted by Clown (Post 796756)
Just means you have to work harder for the items you want

That's not an excuse, I'm not sure if you know this but bases have extremely long down times that can last for hours. So basically no gp for hours because there's only the occasional pker and that's it for the next 3-5 hours.
How can I "work harder" when the current system doesn't even let me work for things I want.

J* 09-20-2017 01:53 PM

Home bank for a year for "ez gp"
Could integrate the minute-ly gp on some sort of automated system where if the player count gets below a certain number, youll get 1 gp per minute (can't see this happening ever anyhow)

Or just, don't peace with every other gang [^:
(I am aware of the long downtimes due to low player counts so this cheeky last point doesn't amount to much)

G Fatal 09-20-2017 03:52 PM

Basing and taking forts etc have lost meaning along time ago in graal, y’all want prizes for everything.

GraalEtho 09-20-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 796774)
Basing and taking forts etc have lost meaning along time ago in graal, y’all want prizes for everything.

Nah those are lame, its all about afking at start.

Aftermath 09-21-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 796774)

k so the only fun activity in the game has "lost meaning" and how is wanting a decent rate for gp that already wasnt much for players who dont play 20 hours a day asking to much, the basing system was fine and they ruined it. end of story

Vulcan Blaze 09-21-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aftermath (Post 796794)
k so the only fun activity in the game has "lost meaning" and how is wanting a decent rate for gp that already wasnt much for players who dont play 20 hours a day asking to much, the basing system was fine and they ruined it. end of story

I don't think that the basing system was completely "fine". The old GP System did cause a huge amount of players to base, however if you went to a base, you would soon discover the vast majority of the players were AFK.

The new system was meant to fix this issue, which I think it did.

I think, when they changed the GP system, they should have used a new currency for different items, that are harder to get, not the same GP items. I think this because most players who based under the old GP system have a huge amount of GP, and it is so very hard for new players to get GP now (even though most of the basing players in the server already have the best GP items that they want).

I know the staff team thought a long time trying to fix the AFK issue in basing, but perhaps they should think of a better system, that allows players the chance to get GP, without:

1. AFKing (Old System)
2. Barely getting GP, (New System - According to the info in this thread)

And if they implemented a new system they should use new items, as the majority of people already have the old items via the old GP system..

G Fatal 09-21-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Posted by Aftermath (Post 796794)

That’s the point. GP system shouldn’t of existed in the first place - especially the AFK in base version. PK points maybe so(not that keen on overly rewarding stuff though) but changing it now is pretty pointless unless they starting it from scratch again.

Kiri 09-23-2017 12:27 AM

like g fatal says, afking for free points wasn't fine lol.

Aftermath 09-23-2017 07:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kiri (Post 796934)
like g fatal says, afking for free points wasn't fine lol.

I never said the old gp system was perfect. They just need to make the rate equal to how it used to be even if they use the kill=gp thing

TomatoPanda 09-23-2017 08:12 PM

Aftermath you be better off waiting for delteria bud the only chance this server had for fixing basing was Marrows vs. Silence war and they lost cause staff team always has to get involved with crap they shouldnt get involved with. 90% of the admins shouldnt be loyal to one gang hell if it was my decision i wouldnt even let them base. Yet alone abuse their powers for a gang *cough* Silence and Kp *cough*

Anyways for improvements to basing:
1. bases need redone levels wise all of them at least once a year (all bases should have unique tilesets for this)
2. Make a date where gp is gonna be reset on everybodys accounts then nerf all current gp weapons that were here during the old gp system (everything) and add new ones that are equal to hs weapons again. This would fix the 30 crystal bows in one gang ***.
3. HIRE A NEW GUNS ADMIN!!! Litterally theres weapons that are eathier to good for its price or to lame for it, an example for to good would have to be pump shotty which is 40k gralats yet probably best shotgun in game for basing.
4. Somehow control the community in thinking basing is for fun again. Right now if binge for example would attack guala or silence it would be seen as "beef" and not because they wanna have fun. This type of thinking is what started peacing in the first place cause everybody takes *** to personally. Ive also taken *** to personally not gonna lie but it wasnt like this couple years back.
5. New basing events should be thought up and established even if its copying era who gives a screw.
6. Make a limit on amount of players you can give powers to. Imagine if only 5 people in a gang could have rec, kick powers at a time. This would make it extremly hard to hold and home a base all day long and would create multiple new gangs in basing. (This is just an idea dont know if it would work could be another base rotation lmao)
7. This one has nothing to do with fixing basing but it should be a requirement. 1.5k hats shouldnt be allowed GIF's anymore and all Gang hats should have to be ol west related. This isn't 2014 era get over gas masks already half the dam hats look the same

Thats all i could think of for now :/ some u may like some u may hate idgaf just post your opinions and why if u care enough about it.

GraalEtho 09-23-2017 10:43 PM

basing is boring anyways

Zazzi* 09-24-2017 12:26 AM

If I may ask what is GP in Ol West basing?