Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Era (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   GraalOnline Era (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39130)

DoubleliftGraal 06-03-2017 10:32 PM

GraalOnline Era

Hi, should I play this game? If u think i should, gimme some interesting things i gotta do in this game. ALSO, tell me how the gst works here

I am from the iClassic server btw

Kane 06-03-2017 11:06 PM

Era and Classic are wayyy different. It might take a while for you to get use to the server.

I would suggest;

-finish tutorial

-explore the gmap, just watch out for PKers.

-check out all the jobs that we offer.

-get enough cash from the jobs to buy a gun

-join a gang to base, run solo, or create your own gang as well

-participate on all the events to get event coins to get cool prizes!

Again, it takes a while to get use to the server. Hope you have fun on Era!

Rekkles 06-03-2017 11:20 PM

You should play the game (my opinion)

Here is a video by Caferino who kind of goes over the differences "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UAqQIfL9Nw" and I assume you've seen pictures of the graphics on era. Personally I find era graphics a lot cooler but classics a lot more professional.

Start 06-04-2017 03:06 PM

I wanna funky a$$ dual pistols to f up some nubs

imSupah 06-08-2017 01:01 AM

I say if you want to try go ahead but be warned that the jobs payout is pretty meh. If you stick with it and get a decent PK gun, then I believe Era is more fun. I don't blame you if you leave early since the server is P2W. Just try it out but I wouldn't recommend pking until you get a decent gun. The top tier guns received nerfs so you can get by with a M4 for 55k or if you want to go lower, Desert Eagles for 5500 each (2 for akimbo), ACR for 12,000, or even the Auto Pistols (forgot price but ik its cheap).

DoubleliftGraal 06-08-2017 01:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by xSupah* (Post 785956)
I say if you want to try go ahead but be warned that the jobs payout is pretty meh. If you stick with it and get a decent PK gun, then I believe Era is more fun. I don't blame you if you leave early since the server is P2W. Just try it out but I wouldn't recommend pking until you get a decent gun. The top tier guns received nerfs so you can get by with a M4 for 55k or if you want to go lower, Desert Eagles for 5500 each (2 for akimbo), ACR for 12,000, or even the Auto Pistols (forgot price but ik its cheap).

Isnt there a repair fee too if the guns get rusty.... And i heard that every job pays 10-50 gralats per task...

Trav 06-08-2017 05:08 AM

iEra is the best of all the iGraals.
So yes you should, Yiliang Peng.
No bias, this is objective.

Raeven 06-08-2017 04:27 PM

Nah era sucks

Regius M. 06-08-2017 08:26 PM

I'm from iClassic, and I started iEra in 2012 and like xSupah said, it's fun if you have good guns.

imSupah 06-08-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 785970)
Isnt there a repair fee too if the guns get rusty.... And i heard that every job pays 10-50 gralats per task...

There is a repair fee if your guns get rusty but it is highly recommended to just get VIP for 7.5k a month. Every server does VIP in their way and Era is no different. With VIP, you get unlimited ammo, perfect guns for the duration of the VIP, unlimited revive (if you die you respawn at hospital unless you have revive potion or VIP), faster walking speed (with no VIP you go to the gym if use the treadmill for 15 minutes to get speed boost), more fuel for your car as well as the VIP item (tbh not worth for the item but the perks as the items have gotten worse).

You sort of hit the point but not every job is the same. You have pizza making (which is my preferred job) where you make pizzas and they can award anywhere from 9-18 gralats depending on the toppings used and if you completed the pizza. If you get a hang of this job, you can get around 2k-3k per hour. You also have trash and mushroom picking. While they are two different jobs, they are usually done together to maximize profit. You obtain a trash pick from the recycling center and pick up any trash you see. With mushrooms, you buy the mushroom knife for $250 and use it to pick mushrooms that usually spawn in the grass. I do this time to time when I'm pking as pking has a chance to drop body parts when killing players that you can sell to the Black Market at the Food Mart by start. Digging is also a job but it's mostly used for trading items and I do not recommend flowers as the job payout there is awful. You also have Car Missions that give a great payout when done but it requires a car to use as well as PKers who love to ruin the mission by targeting you. Mail is also alright but the payout is meh. Sometimes it's best to do mail while shrooming/trash. Hope this helps if you do decide to stick around.

RyanB 06-11-2017 02:02 AM

Quote:

Posted by Trav (Post 786026)
iEra is the best of all the iGraals.
So yes you should, Yiliang Peng.
No bias, this is objective.

bi·as
ˈbīəs/
noun
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
"there was evidence of bias against foreign applicants"
synonyms: prejudice, partiality, partisanship, favoritism, unfairness, one-sidedness; More
in some sports, such as lawn bowling, the irregular shape given to a ball.
verb
cause to feel or show inclination or prejudice for or against someone or something.
"readers said the paper was biased toward the conservatives"
synonyms: prejudice, influence, color, sway, weight, predispose; More
give a bias to.
"bias the ball"

DoubleliftGraal 06-12-2017 03:16 AM

Quote:

Posted by Regius M. (Post 786089)
I'm from iClassic, and I started iEra in 2012 and like xSupah said, it's fun if you have good guns.

Have ya played GSTs in iEra? I'd like to participate in those with gr8 guns lol

Quote:

Posted by xSupah* (Post 786102)
There is a repair fee if your guns get rusty.

Is it the same constant fee for each gun or does it vary depending on the gun?

imSupah 06-12-2017 03:22 AM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 786544)
Have ya played GSTs in iEra? I'd like to participate in those with gr8 guns lol

Is it the same constant fee for each gun or does it vary depending on the gun?

Varies depending on gun.

Trav 06-12-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by RyanB (Post 786425)
bi·as
ˈbīəs/
noun
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
"there was evidence of bias against foreign applicants"
synonyms: prejudice, partiality, partisanship, favoritism, unfairness, one-sidedness; More
in some sports, such as lawn bowling, the irregular shape given to a ball.
verb
cause to feel or show inclination or prejudice for or against someone or something.
"readers said the paper was biased toward the conservatives"
synonyms: prejudice, influence, color, sway, weight, predispose; More
give a bias to.
"bias the ball"

Yes?
I'm sorry for the ambiguity but I'm using this thing called sarcasm

Reign 06-13-2017 06:47 AM

era is not that good but what can i say i have spent 1.9k hours on it

DarkKnight 06-14-2017 03:29 PM

Era used to be good, now it has 13 year olds with mild-level asbergers managing development and PRs that literally dictate the server.

Not to mention the P2W aspect...

Reign 06-18-2017 06:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by DarkKnight (Post 786748)
Era used to be good, now it has 13 year olds with mild-level asbergers managing development and PRs that literally dictate the server.

Not to mention the P2W aspect...

prs basically take up the whole server

DoubleliftGraal 06-24-2017 06:34 AM

Quote:

Posted by Reign (Post 787229)
prs basically take up the whole server

wtf is prs

NightmareK 06-28-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 787852)
wtf is prs

Player Relations

List 07-01-2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 785045)
Hi, should I play this game? If u think i should, gimme some interesting things i gotta do in this game. ALSO, tell me how the gst works here

I am from the iClassic server btw

It's hard. Your gonna need as much help as you can get. What you need to know is that there are only certain jobs that are actually good. The jobs I'm talking about are Speedy Pizza, Digging Shells, Collecting Trash/Mushrooms, and Taxi.

The PK system is 100x more complex than classic. 2 good guns that I know of are the BAR and the Minigun. They both cost 200k though, so good luck with that. If you don't wanna save for thoose I'm sure that there's guns that are decent and less money.

IDK how the GST works tbh but that its only Once a year (i think) and is Livestreamed on Twitch. And its pretty cool actually

The community is mixed. Some people can be nice, some people can be cancer. Really depends. However, there are a lot more Bad people than nice, so don't go into Astro Club (one of the main social areas) and expect to be treated TOO nicely.

Lastly, be sure to explore the map. There's a LOT of things you can explore. There a plenty of easter eggs and secret shops. Exploring the map for the first time can be one of the most fun parts about this game.

Sorry if I'm wrong about some of theese, I only have like 400 hours or somethin idk

DoubleliftGraal 04-01-2018 02:10 AM

How are ya iEra players doing?

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 02:23 AM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 808685)

We doing good :)
iEra mostly revolves around pking, basing and sparring. It is fun to experiment with different guns and find the gun that fits your play-style :)

Reign 04-01-2018 03:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 808685)

I’ll give a real answer. The server is lagging horrendously, Staff are still unprofessional and many people have lost their accounts for talking about a Graal clone. The era forums is now run by ingame staff since they got rid of all the moderators. They make up rules on the spot which benefits them and Favouritism is still happening.

Other than that we are doing good

MJ4 04-01-2018 07:55 AM

Played era for 2k hrs and it's gone boring and now I got back to classic. Era has lost its touch. Not much contests, activities and there's no new content. It was amazing back in the day and there was so much to do. For newcomers it will be great because you can explore around and meet people and do new activies. Right now it's:

Era < Classic

I just hope it improves in the coming months

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Reign (Post 808697)
I’ll give a real answer. The server is lagging horrendously, Staff are still unprofessional and many people have lost their accounts for talking about a Graal clone. The era forums is now run by ingame staff since they got rid of all the moderators. They make up rules on the spot which benefits them and Favouritism is still happening.

Other than that we are doing good

Not completely true. Every server lags a bit so you can't just pin that on Era. The staff team is great and if someone is unprofessional they will be removed. If someone is talking about a graal clone they could lose their account on ANY server it is not Era specific.

Quote:

Posted by MJ4 (Post 808706)
Played era for 2k hrs and it's gone boring and now I got back to classic. Era has lost its touch. Not much contests, activities and there's no new content. It was amazing back in the day and there was so much to do. For newcomers it will be great because you can explore around and meet people and do new activies. Right now it's:

Era < Classic

I just hope it improves in the coming months

iEra added Plasma Corp it is in open Beta if you haven't given it a try yet.

caseyw 04-01-2018 03:17 PM

imagine having your account taken away for literally discussing another game

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by caseyw (Post 808720)
imagine having your account taken away for literally discussing another game

You downplay the situation a bit.

The rules clearly say not to advertise. If there are people who ignore the rules and just do what they want they will be punished.

There are rules for everything we do in life. You always have the option to follow them or to do whatever you want.

That option is never taken away but there is always a consequence to your decision.

Anero 04-01-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by tristanfosho (Post 808722)

The rules clearly say not to advertise. If there are people who ignore the rules and just do what they want they will be punished.

There are rules for everything we do in life. You always have the option to follow them or to do whatever you want.

That option is never taken away but there is always a consequence to your decision.

Because discussing or talking about another game clearly is the same as actively promoting and advertising it. That‘s ridiculous, you puppet.

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by Anero (Post 808738)
Because discussing or talking about another game clearly is the same as actively promoting and advertising it. That‘s ridiculous, you puppet.

Oh wow you still lurk around? If I was in your shoes I would have moved on. Embarrassment.

Psycho Adelphos 04-01-2018 10:13 PM

Kind of rude Tristan, doesn't really sound professional if you ask me. And on a side note your messages remind me of a certain POTUS, are you a Trump supporter? I have a feeling you are based on the way you form your arguments and defend them, very sad day. It's okay though we all make mistakes :D. But you really should familiarize yourself with business terms, your interpretation of advertising is pretty wrong based on my textbooks and degree..

Anero 04-01-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by tristanfosho (Post 808741)
Oh wow you still lurk around? If I was in your shoes I would have moved on. Embarrassment.

Well, at least I have my own shoes and I‘m not busy licking the ones of others. What colour do HW‘s shoes have? Besides, that‘s no way for a random PR like you to talk.

Oh, and also - Kieran sends his regards. He regrets recommending you.

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Psycho Adelphos (Post 808742)
Kind of rude Tristan, doesn't really sound professional if you ask me. And on a side note your messages remind me of a certain POTUS, are you a Trump supporter? I have a feeling you are based on the way you form your arguments and defend them, very sad day. It's okay though we all make mistakes :D. But you really should familiarize yourself with business terms, your interpretation of advertising is pretty wrong based on my textbooks and degree..

I was so astonished that Anero is actually still around after everything he did it happened to throw me off character bit :D

Quote:

Posted by Anero (Post 808743)
Well, at least I have my own shoes and I‘m not busy licking the ones of others. What colour do HW‘s shoes have? Besides, that‘s no way for a random PR like you to talk.

Oh, and also - Kieran sends his regards. He regrets recommending you.

I just play because it is fun. What playerworld server do you play now or are you just here to be nosy and sling mud because you envy what you had?

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kirzey (Post 808745)

Lol are you sure you're not inverting the roles there ?

As I always said, you should think for yourself, and not let others think for you.

I have never seen you say that. In addition my opinion is always taken into consideration anytime something is being discussed.

I never had to lick anyone's shoes and I made judgement based upon what I witnessed

Kirzey 04-01-2018 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Posted by tristanfosho (Post 808744)
I was so astonished that Anero is actually still around after everything he did it happened to throw me off character bit :D

I just play because it is fun. What playerworld server do you play now or are you just here to be nosy and sling mud because you envy what you had?

As I always said, you should think for yourself, and not let others think for you.
Had to re-post, image wouldn't show :[

Quote:

Posted by Kirzey (Post 808745)

I have never seen you say that. In addition my opinion is always taken into consideration anytime something is being discussed.

I never had to lick anyone's shoes and I made judgement based upon what I witnessed

Well, you were a PR and I was Development Manager so obviously we weren't in the same section, and we didn't talk, I was much more close to the Devs. Staffs rather than the PR section.

What you witnessed is what HW wanted you to hear/see. It's no secret she does favoritism and make decisions that will benefit her.
Remember that letter I released ? It surely impacted them a lot, and do you remember how she turned that one out ? Made Anero and I look like the bad guys, when in reality, she's the bad person in all of this.
But obviously, you'll try to find a counter argument to this- since you only try to defend her, just like Carlito.

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kirzey (Post 808747)

Had to re-post, image wouldn't show :[

Well, you were a PR and I was Development Manager so obviously we weren't in the same section, and we didn't talk, I was much more close to the Devs. Staffs rather than the PR section.

What you witnessed is what HW wanted you to hear/see. It's no secret she does favoritism and make decisions that will benefit her.
Remember that letter I released ? It surely impacted them a lot, and do you remember how she turned that one out ? Made Anero and I look like the bad guys, when in reality, she's the bad person in all of this.
But obviously, you'll try to find a counter argument to this- since you only try to defend her, just like Carlito.

Most of the staff team is involved in the conversations about development now. I don't see any favoritism. So either you are just making it up or things have changed for the better since you guys were removed. In my point of view you had become used to doing things on your own due to management being very inactive. You did not want to accept a replacement manager. It is your own faults that you took things too far and had to be shut down.

MJ4 04-01-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by tristanfosho (Post 808718)
Not completely true. Every server lags a bit so you can't just pin that on Era. The staff team is great and if someone is unprofessional they will be removed. If someone is talking about a graal clone they could lose their account on ANY server it is not Era specific.

iEra added Plasma Corp it is in open Beta if you haven't given it a try yet.

I've tried it out couple of days ago. The survival game is fun but it only kept me going for a week or two. Not sure why but I lost interest in it. One of the reasons why is that all the gangs are annoying af. If you mess up once they call you trash . I've seen them talk trash about my friends and I just hated it. " Its only bots, if you die then ur noob" I heard this line almost everyday when I was playing it. Another reason is players only do the same dam strategy and it got boring in a matter of turns.

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Posted by MJ4 (Post 808750)
I've tried it out couple of days ago. The survival game is fun but it only kept me going for a week or two. Not sure why but I lost interest in it. One of the reasons why is that all the gangs are annoying af. If you mess up once they call you trash . I've seen them talk trash about my friends and I just hated it. " Its only bots, if you die then ur noob" I heard this line almost everyday when I was playing it. Another reason is players only do the same dam strategy and it got boring in a matter of turns.

Yeah, there are a lot of really toxic people in Era xD. You can really enjoy it though if you can find some good friends in the game who treat you like a normal person and not just a body to help boost their gang.

Kirzey 04-01-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Posted by tristanfosho (Post 808748)
Most of the staff team is involved in the conversations about development now. I don't see any favoritism. So either you are just making it up or things have changed for the better since you guys were removed. In my point of view you had become used to doing things on your own due to management being very inactive. You did not want to accept a replacement manager. It is your own faults that you took things too far and had to be shut down.

Yeah Storm and I obviously had to take decisions for the server on our owns, since we were the highest ranked staffs left, if we didn't, iEra would have been an insane mess from the inside (not to mention Unixmad begged us two to come back when we resigned for just a week). The only reason we came back is because we had an agreement with him which he obvioulsy didn't respect (we expected it).

I didn't want a Manager replacement ? Do you even know why Snk didn't come back ? Haha, there are a lot of things that happened Tristan, and when this happened you were a PR, who had no clue wtf was going on up there. I bet you don't even know why Snk has refused to come back as Manager. Don't start calling me out on "yeah you guys did bad things on our backs." No. We simply talked a lot, for a long time, which made us take our final decision of retiring.

When you don't know a quarter of what actually happened, don't try to act like the SPR that knows about it, your statements are all wrong. Now go believe what your blind eyes see, and quote me back only once you know the full story.

tristanfosho 04-01-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kirzey (Post 808753)
Yeah Storm and I obviously had to take decisions for the server on our owns, since we were the highest ranked staffs left, if we didn't, iEra would have been an insane mess from the inside (not to mention Unixmad begged us two to come back when we resigned for just a week). The only reason we came back is because we had an agreement with him which he obvioulsy didn't respect (we expected it).

I didn't want a Manager replacement ? Do you even know why Snk didn't come back ? Haha, there are a lot of things that happened Tristan, and when this happened you were a PR, who had no clue wtf was going on up there. I bet you don't even know why Snk has refused to come back as Manager. Don't start calling me out on "yeah you guys did bad things on our backs." No. We simply talked a lot, for a long time, which made us take our final decision of retiring.

When you don't know a quarter of what actually happened, don't try to act like the SPR that knows about it, your statements are all wrong. Now go believe what your blind eyes see, and quote me back only once you know the full story.

You often contradict yourself by saying you left on your own but also say that you were forced to leave, it can't be both.

I was just wondering what you and Anero were still doing here and what playerworlds you play?

If you left why are you here.

It also still doesn't change that everything is good now. You should know that it didn't fall apart and everything worked out :)

This is all thanks to HomelessWitch. She put in a lot of work to rebuild a team and it has been very successful.

Kirzey 04-02-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Posted by tristanfosho (Post 808754)
You often contradict yourself by saying you left on your own but also say that you were forced to leave, it can't be both.

I was just wondering what you and Anero were still doing here and what playerworlds you play?

If you left why are you here.

It also still doesn't change that everything is good now. You should know that it didn't fall apart and everything worked out :)

Yeah I decided to leave, it was a decision I made after a few talks with trusted people. I don't know how does that makes me contradict myself ? I never said I was forced to leave, I said we were badly treated.

I can only talk for myself- I'm still around to watch how iEra is falling despite what you say. I talked to a lot of people telling me that iEra as of now, averages around 1.5k-2k players, when it had 4k, and since I think for myself, I've checked that myself.
And I obviously don't play any PW, for the simple reason that Unixmad is the one who owns them, but that doesn't mean I don't know what happens in the inside.
;) am I right ? Little discord spies.

Why are you telling me that the game didn't fall apart and everything worked out ? Are you trying to make people think I tried to kill iEra ? Lol.

Envoyé de mon SM-G925F en utilisant Tapatalk

tristanfosho 04-02-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kirzey (Post 808755)
Yeah I decided to leave, it was a decision I made after a few talks with trusted people. I don't know how does that makes me contradict myself ? I never said I was forced to leave, I said we were badly treated.

I can only talk for myself- I'm still around to watch how iEra is falling despite what you say. I talked to a lot of people telling me that iEra as of now, averages around 1.5k-2k players, when it had 4k, and since I think for myself, I've checked that myself.
And I obviously don't play any PW, for the simple reason that Unixmad is the one who owns them, but that doesn't mean I don't know what happens in the inside.
;) am I right ? Little discord spies.

Why are you telling me that the game didn't fall apart and everything worked out ? Are you trying to make people think I tried to kill iEra ? Lol.

https://i.imgur.com/vmGtnKR.png

That is the confusing part. If I can catch you in a lie, how many lies can I catch you in. You act as if you were forced out but you left willingly? You don't make sense.

iEra could peak 4k when SNK announced free EC if we reached 4k. Generally the player count was 800-3100 and right now it is about 800-2600 so it is not such a big difference as you try to portray.

I bet we could still peak 4k if we did that announcement for free EC. :D

Kirzey 04-02-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Posted by tristanfosho (Post 808756)
https://i.imgur.com/vmGtnKR.png

That is the confusing part. If I can catch you in a lie, how many lies can I catch you in. You act as if you were forced out but you left willingly? You don't make sense.

iEra could peak 4k when SNK announced free EC if we reached 4k. Generally the player count was 800-3100 and right now it is about 800-2600 so it is not such a big difference as you try to portray.

I bet we could still peak 4k if we did that announcement for free EC. :D

Haha I'm having fun seeing how hard you're trying to counter argument me. This picture you sent, I said that because when we left, I told my staffs I'd stick around a bit exclusively for them so they're not left alone, this was a temporary thing. Yet didn't happen since HW straight kicked me out of the discord. So yet again, how does your statement makes me contradict myself when I said I took the decision to leave ? I said I left, told my staffs I'd stick a bit with them then completely retire.

Go back in time, when Snk managed. You'll see the difference there. It used to peak at 3.8k-4k on holidays, still had a strong 2.5k during school. As you just said, it lost a lot of players.

Free EC was Snk's thing, a bad Manager cannot copy a Legendary one, sorry. But go ahead and try if that can make you feel better.

Tricky 04-02-2018 12:55 AM

Nah man play fortnite, that's all the new craze now.

caseyw 04-02-2018 01:13 AM

Quote:

Posted by tristanfosho (Post 808722)

I dont downplay the situation at all.

In what context is removing someones account a suitable punishment for talking about another game? if you honestly believe that unixmad is in the right here then i seriously dont know whats wrong with you.

and if you didnt realise, censoring the name of said clone and unlinking users for playing it has only increased its popularity, so congrats. yall played yourself.

Reno 04-02-2018 03:39 AM

This is all much ado about nothing.

Trying to change the minds of people who remained on the staff team and believe that everything is 100% kosher is a waste of time because it's a ride or die situation.

I don't agree with very much Tristan said at all but it's not worth arguing over because there's not going to be an opportunity for a neutral or unbiased discussion about what happened on Era that made people leave or what happened with banned accounts.

It's one of those situations where every person thinks that they're 100% in the right.

One thing I will say is that obviously everything is not better on Era since we left because I did happen to see the screenshot of staff bragging about how fun it is to ban players. The staff involved would have been fired ASAP if I was a PRA. They should be ashamed. If those staff were fired I apologise, I haven't been keeping up to date with Era gossip.

MysticalDragon 04-02-2018 06:12 AM

"ban ban ban"

MJ4 04-02-2018 06:20 AM

Quote:

Posted by Tricky (Post 808758)
Nah man play fortnite, that's all the new craze now.

iOS version is bad tho

Quote:

Posted by caseyw (Post 808760)
I dont downplay the situation at all.

In what context is removing someones account a suitable punishment for talking about another game? if you honestly believe that unixmad is in the right here then i seriously dont know whats wrong with you.

and if you didnt realise, censoring the name of said clone and unlinking users for playing it has only increased its popularity, so congrats. yall played yourself.

Cya

Vendhin 04-02-2018 08:30 AM

When you have people who seem to be senior members of the staff hierarchy (i'm not up to date on staff structure) discussing that its fun to ban people - what carlito was alluding to "ban ban ban" lol.

It does seem from an outside perspective that some people with sway right now in the iera management circle might not have the best intentions regarding the punishment of players if it's seen as "fun"

There have always been people in the graal community who just like exercising their power over others and like abusing authority and having an official rule handed down by unixmad himself that allows them to literally strip people of their accounts is probably a great time for them.

Of course the staff will say there are no problems with the current team, and if they like the current regime they probably think it's great- It's certainly a different way of managing and running a server, definitely more authoritarian than it used to be.

There was a reason like 30 people quit with the regime change (and most of management), and it wasn't because we didn't want to work with Arlene. We really did try- but her way of running a server and our way of running a server was too different.

She was asking us to fundamentally change how we ran iera (council based voting system of management primarily) into a system where we just did what we were told whether we thought it was the best thing for iera or not.

I'm trying very hard here not to be negative- there's nothing inherently wrong with the manager "being right all the time" or having the final say in everything, it is a managers right.
But, it can be caustic and nasty to people who don't agree -
Having said that, i'm sure there are staff in the current administration who don't like the way things are run but i'm not sure you're ever going to see any negative comments at all while they're still staff.
You can draw parallels with this in politics. Nobody wants to leak any information because if they do they'll get canned and possibly blacklisted, and maybe- like anero and kirzey even lose their accounts.

I'm sure some people will- after their time on iera when they've moved on plead the Nuremberg defence. "I only did what i was told" "I only said that to fit in"

We'll never know how people truly feel unfortunately. If you want to know what people really think, read into the posts of people who have already left- their goodbye posts or their public comments afterwards to see what kind of a place it is