Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Information (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Administrator (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40184)

Darlene 03-20-2018 05:48 PM

New Administrator

Hello, I am the new Administrator for the forums. I hope that we can make this a successful forum. :)

Crono 03-20-2018 05:50 PM

oh dear

Fulgore 03-20-2018 05:52 PM

extreme censorship inc boyz prepare yourselves

Crono 03-20-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by Fulgore (Post 807444)
extreme censorship inc boyz prepare yourselves

mby things are different now

Thallen 03-20-2018 06:02 PM

why did it take months to make you the new administrator for the forums and furthermore why are people constantly put into positions of power when they aren't even an active part of the community

not flaming/hating but asking 2 genuine questions that concern me

5hift 03-20-2018 06:14 PM

Will registration ever be reopened?

Can we get some more details about the changes that occurred with the site over the past couple months?

Allison 03-20-2018 06:15 PM

������

Darlene 03-20-2018 06:16 PM

This has been discussed for awhile. I dont know why it took so long to open the forums back up. Also, I was a very active member of the community, on PC Graal. Unixmad has developed a trust in me in that time. I do occasionally play classic on facebook, as well as, check out other servers. I do not see what being actively playing, has to do with making sure nothing inappropriate is posted on the forums.

Crono 03-20-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Darlene (Post 807456)
This has been discussed for awhile. I dont know why it took so long to open the forums back up. Also, I was a very active member of the community, on PC Graal. Unixmad has developed a trust in me in that time. I do occasionally play classic on facebook, as well as, check out other servers. I do not see what being actively playing, has to do with making sure nothing inappropriate is posted on the forums.

has more to do with alienating the userbase but i trust you guys have learned your lesson from the way the official forums were run.

Darlene 03-20-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 807452)
Will registration ever be reopened?

Can we get some more details about the changes that occurred with the site over the past couple months?

I will see about reopening registration, and I do not know what, if any, changes were made during the downtime

Raeven 03-20-2018 07:04 PM

hiii

Strum 03-20-2018 07:05 PM

Guess whose back

Saeed 03-20-2018 07:22 PM

The way you can only sign-up is by contacting a moderator is unprofessional and not right. The registration should be totally closed or totally opened.
Giving the reason “because a lot of alts are signing up” isn’t a valid reason because the benefits of having the registration open has a lot of more impacts than this one single negative point which is ppl having multiple accounts in forums . You can’t enlarge your community if you don’t allow them to be a part of it.

Going back to the thread topic, I hope Darlene does her job properly. It shouldn’t be a problem, From what I saw from the recent threads in the official forums, the moderation there looks alright.

Thallen 03-20-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by Darlene (Post 807456)
I do not see what being actively playing, has to do with making sure nothing inappropriate is posted on the forums.

which the last forum staff team did completely fine, while also remaining active and trusted players on the mobile servers

are you going to release a list of forum rules so we can know what we can and can't expect to be banned or warned for

Snow Noob 03-20-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 807470)
which the last forum staff team did completely fine, while also remaining active and trusted players on the mobile servers

are you going to release a list of forum rules so we can know what we can and can't expect to be banned or warned for

The forum rules can still be found here. Any updates or changes to the rules will be announced accordingly.