Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Graal Classic Appreciation Thread (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40450)

Narcosis 05-13-2018 03:35 PM

Graal Classic Appreciation Thread

I recently returned to Classic after an impromptu 2 year hiatus. At very first glance, I was a tad disapponted (because I looked at the map and didn’t see much in the way of new areas), but then I went exploring and I was EXTREMELY impressed by what I found. So I want to give credit where credit is due. And to give this thread purpose beyond me talking about things that are months/years old for everyone else, I’m declaring this a thread to give thanks and appreciation to all the awesome work Dusty and co. have done/are doing (for no pay. For no reason other than the fact that they are passionate about this game and making it the abaolute best it can be).

The castle is a masterpiece. I had quite a bit of fun figuring out what secrets lie within (and when I saw the interactive furniture (conveyer belt, spikes, switch, spawn point, etc), omg I was psyched (I’ve still only begun playing around with it and seeing what unique ideas i can come up with). I wanted that stuff for so long and it’s there!

I love all the attention to detail (and discovering with my friend that the pulleys actually ring the bells. That was fun).

The bounty quest (and added number of and variety of baddies) is brilliant.

MOD circus events are brilliant.

Using the tiles from Nexuses past as house layouts you can purchase is brilliant.

My only disappointment (and this is all on me) is knowing there was a videogame-themed Nexus i missed. That stings a bit.

Oh, the accessory slot!! Thank you. Adds a whole new layer to character customization. And most importantly, I was able to purchase a bunny tail which is PERFECT for my rabbit character slot (which I believe i got from storybook Nexus, if memory serves me). It could not be more perfect (and adorable!).

I love the rotating stock (that’s being implemented in many shops currently).

I love that the hammer (and boomerang) is at least a part of the game (though it took me a bit to figure out it does no actual damage, i just love using it. Love the FFA events altogether).

This thread is not for complaining, it’s not for suggestions, it’s not to reference bugs or anything you aren’t happy with. It’s solely for positive feedback regarding anything/everything in Classic you love, updates you appreciate, changes/additions you like, and events that have brought you enjoyment. Because the devs and graphic artists work damn hard and they deserve our love, our appreciation, and to know they’re doing an awesome job.

There’s a reason Era, Ol’ West, and all other incarnations of Graal have nothing on Classic. Updates and new content is never rushed. So much time/effort/love is put into every addition. The graphics introduced lately have been absolutely stunning (as a long-time player with some of the REALLY old stuff, I can greatly appreciate how much more sleek and polished hats/mounts/furniture/tiles/etc look lately. (The sacred grove that the warp ring initially takes you to.. absolutely gorgeous)

We, the playerbase, must remember that the people who keep Classic thriving are those who are doing it voluntarily. I see Dusty working really hard because this game means something to him. Well it means something to me too. I’ve met so many amazing people on Graal, and I have so many fond memories with said people. This isn’t just a game to me. It’s an important part of my life, and it always will be.

Spread some love.

Sir Travis 05-13-2018 07:16 PM

If you need some of the nexus food from the video game nexus, I can help :)

Might take some of the sting out of missing the event

Snow Noob 05-14-2018 07:10 PM

This thread will remain open.

The topic of this thread is to discuss the positive things people enjoy about the server. You may not agree with the thread topic, but that doesn't mean it cannot be discussed. Do not try to derail this thread with unrelated conversations either.

Adrian 05-14-2018 07:21 PM

Yes so many good things which they work hard on them and players don't like the new updates.

Meteor 05-14-2018 07:50 PM

Are you a community relations shill?

Thallen 05-15-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Posted by Adrian (Post 811971)
Yes so many good things which they work hard on them and players don't like the new updates.

The players do like them, I think people loved the Destiny, Castle, and MoD tent updates - what do all three have in common? They're actual gameplay updates, which come once every few years

Kamaeru 05-15-2018 04:25 AM

So I can't even post in this thread unless it's about how much I appreciate iClassic?

I'm sorry but that seems like over-moderation.

Snow Noob 05-15-2018 05:34 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kamaeru (Post 811990)
So I can't even post in this thread unless it's about how much I appreciate iClassic?

I'm sorry but that seems like over-moderation.

That is a false claim and assumption.

You're welcome to disagree, but you're not welcome to derail the thread with off-topic servers and conversations. Any subsequent off topic posts will be deleted. Keep the comments in relation to OP's original post.

Master Shredder 05-24-2018 03:16 AM

Quote:

Posted by Snow Noob (Post 811970)
This thread will remain open.

The topic of this thread is to discuss the positive things people enjoy about the server. You may not agree with the thread topic, but that doesn't mean it cannot be discussed. Do not try to derail this thread with unrelated conversations either.

Staff gets complimented. Admins stalk the thread. I like how the staff are tbh. They do a great job
most of the rise punk players on the forums and in-game are gone because of the good work:) i mean that literally

ZedFox 05-24-2018 06:42 AM

i like the art style

miquios 05-24-2018 04:17 PM

I guess the thing i love about classic is the alignment system(idk why i just like it), quests and bking :)

GotenGraal 05-24-2018 06:37 PM

cut the crap, you were paid by rufus to post this thread

Saeed 05-24-2018 08:30 PM

They have also spent some days creating new towering layouts and mechanics in the temporary tower box something (i forgot the name lol) that I assume will be replaced with the current towers layouts and mechanics when NGS is out. That’s a shame that we haven’t seen those mechanics added to the towers yet because NGS is still not out yet. Every 6 months they make a little progress on the NGS

Theos 05-25-2018 02:55 AM

HMmm why is graalians turning into N korea

4-Lom 05-27-2018 04:41 AM

I'd like to applaud Jarace, who has really been visible here in the forums as well as in game lately.
Nice work, buddy!