Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Defenders (Season 1) (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39582)

SomeGuy 08-26-2017 10:17 AM

The Defenders (Season 1)

Anyone watched it yet? I personally haven't as i'm currently finishing up watching daredevil before i start on the defenders...is it good?

DJ Meow 08-27-2017 12:46 AM

Yeah it's alright I guess. Did you watch the Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist series? Cause all those characters are in The Defender's.

PigParty 08-28-2017 11:42 AM

I tried watching Daredevil and got through the second to last episode of season 1 and quit... Show bored the hell out of me. I might watch the Defenders since it could actually keep my interest with 4 characters to keep the action going, but I also might not because it still seems like a bore fest to me.

G Fatal 08-28-2017 01:57 PM

Ohh just reminded me to check it out, I've watched Daredevil first season but kinda got bored of it and watched Jessica Jones that was okay so in the same midframe as Pigparty hopefully it's more interesting and gets me hooked

SomeGuy 08-29-2017 11:43 PM

Yeah, most of the defenders series seem to start off very slowly, then get better as they progress. I'm sure season 2 of them all will be better now that they have the sort of 'origins' of all of them complete. Jessica Jones or Luke Cage was probably my favourite of them all.

maximus_asinus 09-05-2017 05:44 PM

Just finished watching the Defenders. It was alright. I think they really struggled to balance the strengths and weaknesses of each of the characters and I found that to be incredibly distracting.

Daredevil was a great standalone series (how you guys found it boring is beyond me, but maybe I was able to appreciate it more as a martial arts movie enthusiast). Jessica Jones really surprised me and got me hooked during the second half. I didn't really care for Luke Cage due to the inconsistencies in his character. And I thought the Iron Fist was flat out boring due to the poor writing.

Bryan* 09-05-2017 09:22 PM

The Defenders was pretty good to my standards despite being only 8 episodes. I really liked the dynamic between each characters but wish there was more screen time with Luke and Iron Fist together. Overall, hopefully the second installment gets better since we were left on a "WTF Moment" towards the end.

I think they might be working on a spin off with Detective Knight and Colleen (Daughters of the Dragon). I also can't wait for The Punisher to arrive on Netflix, that's going to be one brutal/gruesome show.

PigParty 09-05-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Bryan* (Post 795374)
The Defenders was pretty good to my standards despite being only 8 episodes. I really liked the dynamic between each characters but wish there was more screen time with Luke and Iron Fist together. Overall, hopefully the second installment gets better since we were left on a "WTF Moment" towards the end.

I think they might be working on a spin off with Detective Knight and Colleen (Daughters of the Dragon). I also can't wait for The Punisher to arrive on Netflix, that's going to be one brutal/gruesome show.

now The Punisher is something I am looking forward to. I hated Wilson Fisk as the villain in Daredevil. He was boring, poor/misguided acting, and just bland. The Punisher was entertaining in the episode or 2 he was in that I saw.