Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Change the graphics. It’s not that hard. (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41333)

Weeno 03-26-2019 02:54 AM

Change the graphics. It’s not that hard.

The games dead and the last time I actually played it was when I was in middle school like two years ago. But look how easy it is to just change up the graphics of the game and make it look better. The trees and clouds were all royalty graphics I found online. All I did was recolor the tiles. And boom look
https://i.postimg.cc/pLwS0nGG/12056-...5-F1573487.png

Rubize 04-05-2019 12:25 AM

I agree

Wolfie 04-05-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 825107)
The games dead and the last time I actually played it was when I was in middle school like two years ago. But look how easy it is to just change up the graphics of the game and make it look better. The trees and clouds were all royalty graphics I found online. All I did was recolor the tiles. And boom look
https://i.postimg.cc/wTsfXrV3/B92186...07-D1-E7-E.png

You’re missing the point. No one has ever said it’s hard to change the tileset.
It takes forever to make one, and Zone has been trying to make a new one since the days Tashkin was Manager.

Shmegg 04-06-2019 06:18 AM

Beauty is only skin deep

Weeno 04-06-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by Wolfie (Post 825257)
It takes forever to make one, and Zone has been trying to make a new one since the days Tashkin was Manager.

Why make a whole new tile set when you can just edit the current one and tweak it a little?. I don’t even do much graphics anymore and my edit looks better than the current zone. Just imagine what the graphics team can do cause zone specializes in editing. Just look at all the squad hats

Rusix 04-06-2019 09:09 PM

Creating tilesets can be extremely time consuming, Especially if you want the tileset to actually be good.

It isn't that Zone, Or any variation of Graal would likely be bothered creating a whole new better tileset and it also would not be difficult at all to implement given how Graal's tilesets work, Hell, I made tilesets for some games I made myself numerous times and it only takes roughly 5 or so days, Depending on the detail and what it is.However there is just a lack of reasoning to do so I'd imagine, Changing the graphics or improving them, Will not make a game more lively and make more people play it. Especially when graphics themselves don't make the game, And are often very opinionated on what is considered good when taking peoples opinion person by person. Zone should likely focus on other, More vital things than just graphic work.

People oftenly start and play games because they are interesting in nature, Not because they are necessarily beautiful graphic wise, Unless the game's content is built upon the graphics which is usually very niche and rare cases, And obviously don't apply to Zone, Or any Graal game. So it wouldn't make Zone "Not dead".

Weeno 04-07-2019 01:04 AM

It seems like Zones been working on their “gameplay” for years now. Least they can do is let the graphics staff have some fun and edit the tile set and make it look better. Cause this game is so dead to a point that even recoloring the current tile set will spice up the game

TWIZ 04-11-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Posted by Wolfie (Post 825257)

I offered to make Zone a new tileset some years ago, and they even had a team working on one at one point as well. It was pretty sh***y, but it was an improvement nonetheless.

I was able to crank out the essentials for a tileset within a couple months working only by myself, and that includes various ground textures, building tiles, bushes, rocks, random objects, etc. It really isn't that hard. I can only imagine what an entire team could do.

GOAT 04-11-2019 10:23 PM

Having a community contest in which players do a collaboration to do a new tile set could be fun.

Perseus 04-11-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 825419)
Having a community contest in which players do a collaboration to do a new tile set could be fun.

Involve the players??? u crazy

Lets place bets down.
Bet 1: iDelt gets released before Zone is reworked
Bet 2: Zone gets reworked before iDelt is released

GOAT 04-12-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Posted by Perseus (Post 825420)
Involve the players??? u crazy

Lets place bets down.
Bet 1: iDelt gets released before Zone is reworked
Bet 2: Zone gets reworked before iDelt is released

Bet 3: None of the above

I go with bet 3.
We betting forum rep points or gralats? :blush:

Ivy 04-12-2019 02:36 PM

I miss tashkin

Perseus 04-13-2019 12:06 AM

o
Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 825432)
Bet 3: None of the above

I go with bet 3.
We betting forum rep points or gralats? :blush:

thats a savage diss if i've ever seen one

i'd play zone if it wasnt ugly and dead also corrupt and boring

GOAT 04-13-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Posted by Perseus (Post 825441)

i'd play zone if it wasnt ugly and dead also corrupt and boring

IDelteria was ugly, dead, corrupt, but I still played. Became the best player, gather the best item/weapon collection, became the best miner and fisher, and my iDelteria trolls were more legendary than my Graalians trolls.

FYI I had a friend that was staff on iDelteria, so I know how much they hated me for being so legendary on their server. Just ask the leader of the 3 princesses.
Quote:

Posted by Perseus (Post 825441)

thats a savage diss if i've ever seen one

Not a diss. When you got names like md, blackfries, and symmolism is hard to have faith.

If guys like dusty and fp4 were running iDelteria I would be hyped.
Inb4 the NGS jokes

And as far as zone goes, no comment.

Weeno 04-30-2019 09:15 PM

Not to mention money was actually spent on the upcoming tileset which is stupid. The edit I made is already better than that new tileset that’s coming. It looks like it’s for a cheap pixelated game you would find on y8.com.