Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gun Thread (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37270)

GenoIndeed 11-07-2016 02:18 PM

So I am back once again to fix the guns. Since I've been gone, there's been a lot of changes, one of them being all my previous work being reset, another is the bases, lots of stuff, and I've learn quite a lot since then so i decided to rework the original plan I had. Guns are getting rebalanced, we are going to be a skill based game again, and the upcoming updates and any that follow will stay true to that. Zone will get easier and harder, hit timers will be much lower meaning good offensive and defensive skills are a must. The melees also have been balanced out, also with lower hit timers, the auction melees will be capped at 13 dmg as opposed to 14, the confusion effect some have (such as my beloved Sigil Blade) is being removed since its too op, and all melees won't be auto swing anymore unless they are part gun (such as the backpack).

For hit timer details, the default will be 0.2, any changes will be strictly based on the gun itself, holiday guns will be at 0.3 since they shouldn't outdo a shop gun equivalent when theyre way cheaper. Chainguns will be at 0.3, 0.2 was too much for them.

Also, a lot of guns were either buffed or nerfed based on price, and some guns changed up to bring a bit of diversity, since most of our guns are from holiday shops and are pretty basic.

With that being said, if you had any concerns, suggestions, or ideas, post below.

Also to add to this, everythings been changed on dev rn, they will be ported to main really soon

Chelterrar 11-07-2016 02:40 PM

Gun Thread

Also keep in mind that we might switch around with the damages, etc shortly after we release this update to the public. So selling your now 6 damage weapon might be a regret a day later when it's back on 8

Edit: I'm talking about the weapons that still can be sold

Fp* 11-07-2016 07:38 PM

Probably not the best time right now, but later once you have finished with balancing (well lets just say as far as you will get because new stuff will be added) will we be seeing a stats sheet? Similar to the one Tashkin made on a spreadsheet. Was really helpful to see what guns stand out for your specific needs.

edit: found tashkin's post
Quote:

Posted by Tashkin (Post 467896)

Trav 11-07-2016 09:35 PM

If you're taking away the confusion effect, compensate it with something else.

Weeno 11-07-2016 09:43 PM

Can we have like different types of weapons? Like assault rifles, snipers, launchers etc. Most guns I see don't have that much differences.

Chelterrar 11-07-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 741087)
Can we have like different types of weapons? Like assault rifles, snipers, launchers etc. Most guns I see don't have that much differences.

That's something I already planned before Gunderak came along. So yeah this is a long term goal, yet it is something which needs an experienced scripter to deal with. Those scripts are linked to so many other things, soooooo there is a high chance of breaking stuff by accident.

GenoIndeed 11-07-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Trav (Post 741085)
If you're taking away the confusion effect, compensate it with something else.

I am, they'll have slowdown chance instead

Rosewald 11-08-2016 12:13 AM

Great plan and progression

Bleck3v3 11-08-2016 10:28 PM

ooouuu there are still gun changes going on lol

PigParty 11-09-2016 12:16 AM

Quote:

Posted by Bleck3v3 (Post 741212)
ooouuu there are still gun changes going on lol

BLECK

Bleck3v3 11-09-2016 05:37 PM

hai

G Fatal 11-12-2016 07:28 PM

Do these changes come with a freshly years+ inthewaiting new tileset.Nah nvm then.

Skt A. Sangue 11-15-2016 01:27 AM

uhm... melee fixes:D

search>zone>melee

something in there will pop up. read those geno.

GenoIndeed 11-18-2016 10:28 AM

Put a link

Weeno 11-19-2016 12:11 PM

Geno dont forget that u do sfx i really wanna hear some new gun sounds