Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Era (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   new website finished (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37668)

SewerRat 12-27-2016 08:47 PM

new website finished

For the most part its done still working on some finishing touches and havent even started the analytics yet even though its got 12k views since 11/21/16.
So im looking for some feedback on the guide section
1)is it easy to understand even as a new player
2)constructive advise is welcome (your a idiot is not constructive)
3)is there anything else recomended to add?
Website link
Http://graaldrdetroit.com

Alexmo 12-27-2016 08:58 PM

Is there ads on it yet you need it to make profit

SewerRat 12-27-2016 09:01 PM

No there will never be ads. With it having most of era on the site i have to keep it ad free so it falls into the fair use laws of the USA. I know i really havent posted on this forum but ive been in the shadows for years lol. Hope you all enjoy the site.

PS: spread it around cuz staff on erago and in game are doing there best to shut me down.

mithos 12-27-2016 09:29 PM

Maybe not post customs you don't have permission to post? I see some personals and there. Preferably just don't post heads/bodies on your site.

edit : After going through more pages, it seems you literally posted customs made by other people, and the reason why it's been removed from era-go is probably because it's basically an ifile site.

SewerRat 12-27-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by mithos (Post 751615)
Maybe not post customs you don't have permission to post? I see some personals and there. Preferably just don't post heads/bodies on your site.

edit : After going through more pages, it seems you literally posted customs made by other people, and the reason why it's been removed from era-go is probably because it's basically an ifile site.

Yes ive gone through the fact that it may upset some players that there head/body that was uploaded is on the site but it is no longer a players once its on the "servers" it belongs to the game. And have come to the conclusion that it will benifite the community as a whole having them on there.

As for the erago thing its a single staff that can not get over things in the past and still holds a grudge.

mithos 12-27-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by SewerRat (Post 751627)
Yes ive gone through the fact that it may upset some players that there head/body that was uploaded is on the site but it is no longer a players once its on the "servers" it belongs to the game. And have come to the conclusion that it will benifite the community as a whole having them on there.

As for the erago thing its a single staff that can not get over things in the past and still holds a grudge.

How exactly is it benefiting the server? You're discouraging people to make personal customs by putting stuff like that.

Yog 12-27-2016 10:07 PM

So you're the one who posted these on my site
https://i.gyazo.com/53072d4f666a61b0...e596c4867d.png
https://i.gyazo.com/556e69519cbeee64...502855f581.png

You're lucky I lost access to the wordpress account years ago : )

(not sure how you can claim taylorrichaards was outdated)

Bram- 12-27-2016 10:21 PM

Ah u wanna gain ur popularity out of other people their work without getting their permission.

Nah man nah

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

SewerRat 12-27-2016 10:24 PM

@yog Lol yeah i have a few minions dropping links all over the web. As for taylors being outdated it very much so is. Its missing hundreds of shield codes and i dont agree with the site host making a player email a code to themself in order to get the code. My site has almost every public shield with the code freely available. (Some codes have been added since ive been in game)

Yog 12-27-2016 10:28 PM

your username is fitting

carry on

SewerRat 12-27-2016 10:33 PM

@mithos im not concerned about the server im concered about the player community.
It should not discurage anyone to create as the heads/bodies are in game and freely available. The same could be said about any personal gfx site. Players are going to do what they are going to do.

@bram actually i could care less about popularity and have started a new account just to avoid it since my house on era is also a code/info center. Also everyone on forums is going to focus on the head/body section wich is only 1/5 of the website and there are so many other players looking for everything else.

mithos 12-27-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by SewerRat (Post 751647)
@mithos im not concerned about the server im concered about the player community.
It should not discurage anyone to create as the heads/bodies are in game and freely available. The same could be said about any personal gfx site. Players are going to do what they are going to do.

@bram actually i could care less about popularity and have started a new account just to avoid it since my house on era is also a code/info center. Also everyone on forums is going to focus on the head/body section wich is only 1/5 of the website and there are so many other players looking for everything else.

As a graphics artist and someone who has had their customs ifiled and posted on a site, yes it actually does discourage me from making any personal graphics. It's also not available freely, as you actually have to do work to get the entire file.

I'm honestly feeling like this is just an excuse to have a site with ripped files from the server, and I would like to see this thread removed, as you're advertising people to use customs they didn't make :\.

You're not actually helping the community, you're hurting by making it so artist don't want to upload. I doubt you even understand the iEra community honestly. If it was just an FAQ site nothing would have been removed, so this is clearly the issue.

hosler 12-27-2016 11:18 PM

Post whatever you want on it. No one visits sites without content.

SewerRat 12-28-2016 12:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by mithos (Post 751674)
As a graphics artist and someone who has had their customs ifiled and posted on a site, yes it actually does discourage me from making any personal graphics. It's also not available freely, as you actually have to do work to get the entire file.

I'm honestly feeling like this is just an excuse to have a site with ripped files from the server, and I would like to see this thread removed, as you're advertising people to use customs they didn't make :\.

You're not actually helping the community, you're hurting by making it so artist don't want to upload. I doubt you even understand the iEra community honestly. If it was just an FAQ site nothing would have been removed, so this is clearly the issue.

Sorry you feel that way and everyone is intitled to tere own opinions. Its far from a excuse as posting the heads/bodys only had taken a few hours as the rest was weeks. Lastly the "community" is far larger then the players on this forum or the ones you choose to associate with. As fir content being removed it only gets removed if im asked to remove it.
Soooooooo lets get back on topic to the orginal questions i asked please about the guide section/tab is it easy to follow and use?

Sig. 12-28-2016 01:13 AM

Quote:

Posted by hosler (Post 751676)
Post whatever you want on it. No one visits sites without content.

Is that the reason why reborn is dead?