Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Changes that ruined iClassic for me (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41087)

Thallen 11-29-2018 08:25 PM

All of the players that made the game worth playing (for me) have left, because the game is stagnant and the majority of staff (including management) don't care about the game and take the size and success of it for granted.

With the lack of gameplay-oriented development, it's been dumbed down to an interactive chat room where you pay absurd amounts of money to dress up your character. Things like Discord exist now though, and if people really want to chat with people then there are better solutions than logging on Graal. You aren't offered much else when you log on anymore, because it's not much of a game. There isn't much gameplay past a certain point.

Yes, to some degree the invasion of Brazilians has hurt the community aspect of the game. They can't speak the language that the game is advertised in and their ping is ridiculous on a game hosted in the US. Other than that, it's the community eating itself alive: I log on and find myself at the spar arena, which used to be somewhere I could spend hours a day and sometimes winning 300+ spars in a sitting, to now be surrounded by weirdos and alternate accounts who constantly just flame and harass people all day long. So, in that regard, even the social aspect of the game is pretty awful now.

More than anything though, it's probably just people getting older and realizing they can't enjoy the game for natural reasons anymore.

Rusix 11-29-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 821810)
There’s thousands of English speaking players - they dominate both the towering scene and sparring, and populate all major areas of the map, I feel like you’re just over complaining/exaggerating at this point.

Why would you just sit at Balamb and be weirded out by not seeing “English people”? Anyone with half a brain is out of that place in minutes, horrible place to look for new people.

For us people who played the game know this, People who never played the game, don't know this. This would fall under any game, If your first few minutes of it are seeing that not a single person speaks english and you only speak english, That's one of the biggest re-railers possible, Because nobody wants to play a game where nobody understands the language they play in, This is why many global games have servers

Aguzo 11-30-2018 12:52 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 821816)
For us people who played the game know this, People who never played the game, don't know this. This would fall under any game, If your first few minutes of it are seeing that not a single person speaks english and you only speak english, That's one of the biggest re-railers possible, Because nobody wants to play a game where nobody understands the language they play in, This is why many global games have servers

Seems dumb to avoid a game from seeing a few people speak a different language at the start. No idea why anyone would assume that no one speaks English when the menus are in English, and can be changed to other languages (iirc).

Rusix 11-30-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 821829)
Seems dumb to avoid a game from seeing a few people speak a different language at the start. No idea why anyone would assume that no one speaks English when the menus are in English, and can be changed to other languages (iirc).

Yet people avoid it anyway, Probably the reason why there is less and less people playing graal that are new that speak english then there was 4 or so years ago. Of course menus may be in english but if you don't see anyone speaking english without even knowing at all there is a chance of english players kinda does derail many people, This is why all, If not many MMORPG games have servers so it doesn't derail you just because you don't understand what anyone is saying or their language and think you're the only english guy. Doesn't help matters either that some new players don't even know there is more to graal then just that island with Brazilians, And there is Brazillians by the boat and along the tree lines, You only get to see english people around the bridge or some days graal city. English people do dominate the competitive aspects, But the competitive aspects are likely to be pretty boring for newer players when there are better more entertaining competitive games out there, Like example fortnite and PUBG and Overwatch, ect. Like Thallen said the game now is more a chatroom then an actual game, I'm surprised the people playing graal for the competitive aspects now haven't left already.

4-Lom 11-30-2018 02:20 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sun* (Post 821797)
I never understood the issue with « Brazilian invasion »

Go to balamb island once in a while and see.

Perseus 11-30-2018 03:29 AM

Solution: Ghost the area coming off the boat

Nglyeh 11-30-2018 04:29 AM

It's kinda sad seeing something that has potential (even if it's some) being reduced to actual dirt.

Now it just seems like, all there is to do is stand around in one spot, and buy all the new hats, accessories, and crap

Phenalix 11-30-2018 05:14 AM

Guys even we complain about it, it will not change since only admins can change it, we can't stop them, do they whatever they want, it depends on the game's survival,

Also, I criticized this game, I might get banned, Lol

Brazilians must have their seperate server, they have enough brazilian players to have one, also I hate them for being too salty,

Rusix 11-30-2018 05:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by Phenalix (Post 821842)
Guys even we complain about it, it will not change since only admins can change it, we can't stop them, do they whatever they want, it depends on the game's survival,

Also, I criticized this game, I might get banned, Lol

Brazilians must have their seperate server, they have enough brazilian players to have one, also I hate them for being too salty,

I don't think you understand, It isn't really admins place or in their power to really do anything, They are just volunteers. Since im pretty sure admins can't make a server for them. Devs however, can. Though i do agree, Brazilians do infact need their own server.

Reggie* 11-30-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 821845)
I don't think you understand, It isn't really admins place or in their power to really do anything, They are just volunteers. Since im pretty sure admins can't make a server for them. Devs however, can. Though i do agree, Brazilians do in fact need their own server.

Quote:

Posted by Phenalix (Post 821842)

I disagree, because then you would have to give each non-English speaking country a different server, or it is just unfair to the Brazilians. Some of the are immature, but they are kids mostly...just like English speaking and other different foreign language speaking people. Each group of people have their own ups and downs, Brazilians...well they get more mature. I know the Military Community is frowned upon. But the most mature brazilians are probably the ones in the Brazilian Military guilds. Such as Regiao de Kiev and Regiao de Narva, not all of them are mature, but the mature ones enforce discipline, they make the best of them all. They do as their told, and respect those who speak their language or multiple.

Green 11-30-2018 08:03 AM

One of my least favorite updates would have to be the removal/changes to some areas of the map. I'm talking about Azraels Treehouse, Skyld's Treehouse, North Graal City, the old bridge area near Onnet Town and even the little wall you could blow up to reveal a cave near the old Revolution(?) spot and even that tiny cliff you could get to through a cave in Snow Town. I'm not sure if it's just because I've played it a lot or not but the game used to feel like it had so much more to explore, the world felt so much bigger and it had more character to it. Now everything sorta looks the same and there isn't anything special around anymore.

Phenalix 11-30-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 821846)
respect those who speak their language or multiple.

Sometimes I encounter some brazilians who disrespect our languages, they can't even talk english so I use translator on em, I just cant really handle those brazilians, too salty plus theyre unfair to others, im still a kid but i understand what they feel and i respect their opinion, most of them are kid and immature after all,

Ivy 11-30-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 821848)
One of my least favorite updates would have to be the removal/changes to some areas of the map. I'm talking about Azraels Treehouse, Skyld's Treehouse, North Graal City, the old bridge area near Onnet Town and even the little wall you could blow up to reveal a cave near the old Revolution(?) spot and even that tiny cliff you could get to through a cave in Snow Town. I'm not sure if it's just because I've played it a lot or not but the game used to feel like it had so much more to explore, the world felt so much bigger and it had more character to it. Now everything sorta looks the same and there isn't anything special around anymore.

This makes me really sad, too.

Basi 11-30-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

yeah i agree, north graal was my favorite spot in the game. as for the other spots, i think i know why they removed them. azrael's treehouse was removed for two reasons. 1. staff embarked on a campaign to remove a lot of "personalized" places on the map. anything that was made for one person or to tribute a person or guild was removed. this goes for skyld's treehouse as well. 2. azraels treehouse had a secret base that only members of zanza could enter. i know because i was in it. it was a huge secret base with their own copy and paste of the grotto, underground caves, essentially a massive guildhouse.

the campaign to remove personalized places on the map hurt me a lot, but i understand why they did it. kinda confuses new players who never got to meet azrael or skyld since theyre no longer around on the game. this is why things were removed such as: SNC guild house, Jezzle's house, Darkblade guildhouse, and more.

SomeGuy 11-30-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Dont forget air asia