Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A thread in which one can freely discuss UN's staff team being removed (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35369)

Ph8 04-23-2016 11:35 PM

A thread in which one can freely discuss UN's staff team being removed

Carlito/MysticalDragon came on yesterday and removed UN's staff team. The server was already removed from the server list and no longer had any global support, so I don't really see why this was necessary.

I don't know if Carlito made the decision on his own, or if he was instructed to do so, or why the decision was made. I do know that if you ask about why the decision was made on Graal's official forums, your post/thread gets deleted.

Because of that, I thought I'd post a thread here where everyone interested (ha) can freely discuss this exciting topic. Begin.

Kuz 04-23-2016 11:39 PM

Probably happened due to the fact Carlito is power hungry,

Kyle Del. M. H. 04-23-2016 11:40 PM

Carlito aka NaS, aka hacker who destroyed UN multiple times, shouldn't be PWA for any graal-related game. Someone needs to get this disease out of graal. I get it, UN is a dead server, but why let people who still want to improve the server stop their actions? What's wrong with helping the server.. lmao?

Livid 04-24-2016 12:03 AM

Poor server, I find it idiotic how the guy who almost destroyed every server became in charge.

PumaD 04-24-2016 12:31 AM

Let's have a look at it:
Era PC - sold items and staff positions for USD (admit doing so, he did), reset and banned a lot of people without any reason, just out of boredom/disliking them (See previous () )
Kingdoms - banned people w/o warnings and reset their accounts without any legit reason nor previous warning, created NPCs just to harass people
UN - basically #2 and so on, which I am not interested to go into detail ATM, maybe tommorow when my brain is working properly again (check my spelling/grammar and you see how bad it is).

He's probably done some other issues or will do soon on other servers aswell, can't recall right now. However, despite his somewhat "good" development-skill (he did not know how to link levels ago a year, lol..) his behaviour is nowhere near being mature/acting like an adult, he isn't capable of being in hold of ANY high staff-position. Nowhere. No server should have him hired as an high tier. Having him as a PWA just reflects Graals 'marketing strategy' (if you can call it that way, which is ridicolous aswell). Nothing to say about Robby, since this thread's about Carl.

It's sad to see how much Carl destroyed UN. Anyone saying Ramza or the staff is to blame, doesn't know background stories. I'd happily explain it if someones asks me to do so. Yet another stupid and useless move of the PWA to bring Graal PC one step closer to its final death. Sad to see it going this way.

Again, me brain no hables inglish, soz.

PigParty 04-24-2016 01:35 AM

Carlito is in charge of iZone now...

Thallen 04-24-2016 01:38 AM

You're better off with this happening. The only intelligent and capable people left around there are you, Manta, and Hoyt. I saw the official forum thread where people were discussing UN's removal from the server list, and many of them were throwing out suggestions for a new Manager (as it that was the problem).
It's out of your control that the UN community embraced toxic, ****bag players for years. It's out of your control that the current PWA is a joke. It's out of your control that your very own staff couldn't prevent themselves from getting "hacked" or acting as insiders for these "hackers."

You declined being Manager for a long time, and when you finally gave in it apparently failed for every reason other than things that were in your control. It's just an awful player community, compounded by a bad PWA team, underneath a horrible guy managing it all. Hopefully you either walk away from it entirely or only touch that part of the game for personal enjoyment as a player.

But FYI, you guys look like jackasses jumping to conclusions and assuming this was something that Carlito just woke up and decided to do one day. For all any of you know, and very likely, he could have been told to do it. If you truly believe he's the entire reason UN is a dead server, you're dumb. He's a very small part of the big picture... The long history of terrible local and global staff was the underlying problem here.

Zetectic 04-24-2016 01:50 AM

ph8 for iclassic manager
copy paste all the UN events to classic.

Red 04-24-2016 02:12 AM

UN rn
http://media0.giphy.com/media/4pMX5rJ4PYAEM/giphy.gif

Ph8 04-24-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 698147)
You're better off with this happening.

It's hard to disagree with this. If someone official were to have come on and said, hey, we're removing UN because of all its copyrighted content and because of its toxic community (though there were good people who were left playing,) I wouldn't have made too much of a fuss. If I owned Graal, I probably wouldn't have wanted UN as one of my products, lol. I'm more annoyed about the way it was handled than with what happened.

At the same time, if you're going to leave the server as accessible, I don't really see a point to removing the staff team. The server isn't doing anybody any harm just sitting there, and that way events can still be hosted. I mean, even N-Pulse still has a staff team, don't they?

And I want to add that the argument Carlito has made in the past about Ramza being allowed to play being the reason for the UN was on thin ice is ridiculous. I was manager for like a month. In that time I banned the guy probably 50+ times. I also attempted to improve UN's detection systems to keep the guy off the server. None of that had any real effect. When he was banned, he would log on on another account in literally less than 10 seconds. We wanted to keep him off the server, but we lacked the tools to do so.

Quote:

But FYI, you guys look like jackasses jumping to conclusions and assuming this was something that Carlito just woke up and decided to do one day. For all any of you know, and very likely, he could have been told to do it. If you truly believe he's the entire reason UN is a dead server, you're dumb. He's a very small part of the big picture... The long history of terrible local and global staff was the underlying problem here.

I also think there's a real chance Carlito was and has been under orders regarding UN for a while now, and is being made to take the fall for this. But it's possible too that he's doing it of his own volition because he links the server to Ramza and they have some sort of private beef going down. If there's anyone still around still interested in playing UN by the time Carlito quits PWA, I guess we'll find out then.

Sardon 04-24-2016 02:30 PM

Un was best server.
It was probaky the only reason most people had graal client.
Its a shame to see such a thing happen to a server that was played on for years.

Kyle Del. M. H. 04-24-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

If it weren't to be Carlito giving the decision of ending the staff on UN, or removing UN from the playerworld's list. Then why couldn't Carlito simply told UN, why he chose this decision. It seems kind of odd that he would delete the other forum post without any sort of reason, then go on a ban spree on UN.. It wouldn't make sense removing ALL staff, and then ignore everyone's decision and stick to what HE wants to do, and not what's best for the server. UN has a trash community and overall has a trash PWA, and some people can see that UN has no potential ever making a comeback to high numbers again. But on the other hand, some people like fuza, manta, etc.. see the game as fun and would rather have a trash community than not have UN at all. So it seems really odd, how anyone else with the right mind, could see Carlito's actions agreeable. I just wish somebody above Carlito's position, could see how horrible of a PWA he is, and remove his position.

Skyzer 04-24-2016 07:50 PM

Sad.

Distorted_P2P 04-24-2016 08:44 PM

after looking into this, talking to everyone involved, i can officially say that

Spoiler
this is ****ing ******ed

Thallen 04-24-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kyle Del. M. H. (Post 698299)
So it seems really odd, how anyone else with the right mind, could see Carlito's actions agreeable. I just wish somebody above Carlito's position, could see how horrible of a PWA he is, and remove his position.

This post sums up my thoughts: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...0&postcount=36

The TL;DR version is that local UN staff allowed certain players to exist in that community for way too long. If that had never happened, Carlito would have never needed to intervene. I don't feel bad for UN at all, but I do feel bad for quality players who used to (or still do) play UN that will probably never get to experience it again, like Ph8, Dante, Manta, Brett, etc.

UN's slow collapse literally started more than 10 years ago. It's lucky to have lived this long.

2005: WiKKiD becomes Manager. Despite being very creative and talented with graphics, UN begins its downswing. A lot of favoritism, abuse, and passing around of the server goes on after this point.
First-half 2006: Neo becomes Manager for no reason other than being the last long-standing player left. He cheats his way through a UTC or two, but other than that I'd say he had no real negative (or positive) impact on UN.
Second-half 2006: Spryte is Manager. She's essentially useless. She has no developmental capabilities and I can't name anything positive that happened during her time.
A lot of 2007: WiKKiD comes back and it turns into the WiKKiD-NaS era. What bad could come out of a Graal couple managing a playerworld? While I do respect both of their ability to contribute to the server from a developmental standpoint, it just was not healthy.
Early 2008: Malinko becomes Manager. The entire server becomes a trophy for him and Artanis. UN is now stuck in this cycle of being shared around and used for the benefits you get as Manager.
Mid-late 2008: Spryte again. Why was she hired? Because the last Manager was forcefully removed?
2009ish: Okilian becomes Manager. This is when the real cancer starts to set in. UN is as dramatic and weird as ever. The community now consists of depressed 20+ year olds who sit in Tinychat all night and use RC as a messaging client to share gossip. The community begins to get so small that they're "dating" each other in real life.

Wide gap where I didn't play Graal for many years

Random points of 2014-2016: NaS becomes Manager and effectively keylogs the entire community (and then gets hired as a PWA). Wynde becomes Manager and probably achieves nothing other than rallying together BTK members. HarDKoRe becomes Manager and allows someone to delete the entire server. Stowen manages the server as an "insider" to some select group of autistic manchildren. Carlito intervenes in an attempt to clean up, but acts like an idiot and finds a way to get hacked which further damages the server.

Point is, if you look at what has actually happened to UN from a developmental standpoint in the past 10 years, it's mostly been the same people: Manta, Ph8, Rage, Shane, and maybe a few others. Given such a low expectation, it should not be hard to manage that server. Yet and still, a handful of people apparently could not do it. So yes, there were many people that contributed to this long before Carlito.