Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Delteria (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   ANDROID TESTERS (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40238)

MysticalDragon 03-28-2018 12:25 AM

ANDROID TESTERS

We need people to test android. Email [email protected] with your GMAIL email. We been working on cleaning up the fps issues and need android testers.

RyanB 03-28-2018 01:23 AM

android lags for me with every phone i use (i have the s8) sozzzz :///////////

HamStarr 03-28-2018 01:58 PM

why did my phone get smashed at the wrong time

TacaX 04-12-2018 08:46 AM

Do you still need testers?Because i already sent 2 emails and got no response.

Kamaeru 04-13-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 808431)
fps issues

So I have a question. What's going on with this unity client and can it render at higher than 20fps? Like preferably 60fps? PM me if you have to.

YernuMaster 04-14-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kamaeru (Post 809462)
So I have a question. What's going on with this unity client and can it render at higher than 20fps? Like preferably 60fps? PM me if you have to.

It can render at 60fps.

MysticalDragon 04-17-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by YernuMaster (Post 809566)
It can render at 60fps.

It's capped at 30 fps, however you can change it to 60fps

PHP Code:

capfps(int) function (0-> no fps cap 1->cap to 60 fps2->cap to 30fps) , by default rendering  is capped to 30fps 

if you was to use something like 60FPS you would have to redo the entire server virtually for the true 60 fps feel, since graals original client is capped at 20fps.

YernuMaster 04-18-2018 03:13 AM

Quote:

Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 809769)
It's capped at 30 fps, however you can change it to 60fps

Quote:

Posted by YernuMaster (Post 809566)
It can render at 60fps.

Yeah. I know. Lol

Kamaeru 04-18-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 809769)
virtually for the true 60 fps feel, since graals original client is capped at 20fps.

It doesn't seem like you should have to do that much. I've got plenty of time to add frames to animations and rework movement in scripts on bomy island anyhow, I feel like it would only take a day or two. Stuff like updating player movement speed would not at all be a big deal, and worth the effort.

MysticalDragon 04-18-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kamaeru (Post 809867)
It doesn't seem like you should have to do that much. I've got plenty of time to add frames to animations and rework movement in scripts on bomy island anyhow, I feel like it would only take a day or two. Stuff like updating player movement speed would not at all be a big deal, and worth the effort.

Maybe for a server like Bomy Islands it would be easy (not to sure on the content it holds), but for a normal server with a lot of content it would be alot more work then you realize. Currently on Delteria there is at least 450 Animations that would have to be redone, Anything that has a timeout in it would have to be redone. That's Spell Effects (50 or so), Buffs (50 or so), Auction type shops etc. Its a lot of work that just simple isn't worth it unless your creating a new fresh project with 60fps in mind.

Kamaeru 04-19-2018 02:44 AM

Quote:

Anything that has a timeout in it would have to be redone
All you have to do is take the number and multiply or divide by 3 right? I can see how this would be a problem if a lot of them are used but still, you could just use ctrl-f to find them all.
I can see it being a minor setback but it's really just converting anything that renders frames or moves an object along a path to triple the amount it was before.
In the case of animations, I have a lot of experience with that. Just because animations on graal are 20fps doesn't mean that they don't use doubled frames (effectively running at 10fps a lot of the time). Because of that reason I don't think it's necessary (or sound animation wise) to add intermediate frames between frames in every situation, especially with timeless animations like walking and stuff. It really all depends. Making ganis is the thing I was originally hired to do by graal2001 many years ago, so I have no problem working out the kinks.

It seems like converting 20fps to 30fps produces a more difficult problem because instead of evenly tripling the framerate it's increasing it by 150%. That means there's no easy way to convert animations without remaking them completely

MysticalDragon 04-19-2018 06:52 PM

Well now we see why Bomy Islands is where its at because everything is that simple it all makes sense now. Timers is just a fraction of the issue.

Kamaeru 04-20-2018 02:18 AM

Quote:

Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 810002)
Well now we see why Bomy Islands is where its at because everything is that simple it all makes sense now. Timers is just a fraction of the issue.

As far as animations go I would argue they have to be more complicated than any other server. We're using over 20 interchangeable sprite sheets for every animation. We store them as player attributes. Here is the list of attributes:

PHP Code:

ATTR [1] = Player.BackAccess
ATTR 
[2] = Player.Body
ATTR 
[3] = Player.Shoes
ATTR 
[4] = Player.Coat
ATTR 
[5] = Player.Tunic
ATTR 
[6] = Player.Belt
ATTR 
[7] = Player.Head
ATTR 
[8] = Player.Eyes
ATTR 
[9] = Player.NeckAccess
ATTR
[10] = Player.Hair
ATTR
[11] = Player.Hat
ATTR
[12] = Player.Gloves
ATTR
[13] = Player.Sword
ATTR
[14] = Player.Shield
ATTR
[15] = Player.FaceLayer1
ATTR
[16] = Player.FaceLayer2
ATTR
[17] = Player.Earrings
ATTR
[18] = Player.HoldObject (Food/Drink/FishingRod/GotItem)
ATTR[19] = Player.BakeIndex
ATTR
[20] = Player.CarryObject
ATTR
[21] = *
ATTR[22] = *
ATTR[23] = *
ATTR[24] = *
ATTR[25] = Player.Kart Player.Horse Fire.LifeTime
ATTR
[26] = Player.HorseAccessory Fire.ColorArray 

So for each of those attributes is a sprite that has to be positioned perfectly in each frame of every gani. Each hairstyle, for instance, has 64 colors and 2 sprite sheets for each color: one for when the player is wearing a hat and one for when they are not wearing a hat. So that's 128 sprite sheets for each hairstyle, and when a hat is equipped, the hair never underlaps the hat sprite.

The purpose of this system is to allow all player cosmetics to be equippable items like hats, the main reason being that it restores the novelty of the free market aspect of Graal2001 in a time when hats are no longer novel to the server anymore since every server can use them now. So not only can you hold all of these items like gloves, tunics, shoes, necklaces, etc in your inventory, and drop them anywhere on the server you want, or trade with other players. But you can also sell all drop-able inventory items in the market for any price you choose, creating a player-driven economy where items have real value and rarity. There really is nothing like it on Graal.

You can imagine, it's a lot of work for the gani artists. I know because I was one of the gani artists who worked on this system.

I don't know what you did on Delteria that could possibly be more intricate and complex, but I guess I believe you.
I know iClassic eventually decided to borrow our idea of having Back equips so they added that to their ganis.

-Aidan- 05-20-2018 11:17 PM

I just logged back in after 4 years of inactivity just to say I would LOVE to Beta test Deltaria on Android, as someone who 4 years ago was extremely into all the deltaria teasers and was so upset it hadn't seen a mobile release,

#Princess 01-26-2019 07:40 AM

Same I'd also love to be a graphics admin lol