Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Guild Centre (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New Guild System! (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35634)

qes 05-13-2016 05:21 PM

New Guild System!

Theres a new guild system on its way, Rumors say it will make the capacity of guilds bigger, and make the "kicking and recruiting" methods of towers go away. With this said, I'm very interested in making/joining an active guild full of Great PKers/Sparrers who want to PK/Spar all day. PM me in game if interested or if you already had this idea.

Mangsi 05-13-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by qes (Post 704462)
Theres a new guild system on its way, Rumors say it will make the capacity of guilds bigger, and make the "kicking and recruiting" methods of towers go away. With this said, I'm very interested in making/joining an active guild full of Great PKers/Sparrers who want to PK/Spar all day. PM me in game if interested or if you already had this idea.

The only way I can see this going away is either removing guilds all together, or being able to join whatever guild you want without asking.
Each way seems stupid asf.

qes 05-13-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Mangsi (Post 704465)
The only way I can see this going away is either removing guilds all together, or being able to join whatever guild you want without asking.
Each way seems stupid asf.

no you can obviously and kick and recruit new members lmfao. i just mean towers aren't going to be able to kick somebody when they log off to replace them, otherwise you will lose "points" (rumors say thats kind of what the guild update will do)

Mangsi 05-13-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by qes (Post 704469)
no you can obviously and kick and recruit new members lmfao. i just mean towers aren't going to be able to kick somebody when they log off to replace them, otherwise you will lose "points" (rumors say thats kind of what the guild update will do)

Ahh okay, I misunderstood.

G Fatal 05-13-2016 06:22 PM

Personally think it should be other way round having like 10in a guild than having like 50players in guild keeping fort 24/7 because this does not stop kick/receuit cycle at all if anything it makes 10times worse. and lose points for kicking like wtf please tell me when spar guilds kick.. and people say it isn't bias towards that end.

So HEY Rufus, suggestion make guilds have only 10/15members in each guild with possibility of having just 1allie this makes it so they still have great storage space for the ones who help here and there and would also make alot harder keeping forts as majority of spaces would be filled with 'mains' this also is good for spar squads as its like 4/5 sparring at at time? so 10/15 is more than enough.. would also mean more guilds would possibly be around to compete.

Macbeth 05-13-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 704476)
Personally think it should be other way round having like 10in a guild than having like 50players in guild keeping fort 24/7 because this does not stop kick/receuit cycle at all if anything it makes 10times worse. and lose points for kicking like wtf please tell me when spar guilds kick.. and people say it isn't bias towards that end.

So HEY Rufus, suggestion make guilds have only 10/15members in each guild with possibility of having just 1allie this makes it so they still have great storage space for the ones who help here and there and would also make alot harder keeping forts as majority of spaces would be filled with 'mains' this also is good for spar squads as its like 4/5 sparring at at time? so 10/15 is more than enough.. would also mean more guilds would possibly be around to compete.

Tbh mate, your logic mates exactly zero sense. 10-15 members would kill any loyalty that already exists in guilds. Sure, it might raise competitiveness in towering by limiting doubles and triples, but "rec and kicking" would become an even greater norm.
We would be much better off raising the guild member limit to 40-50, and limiting the amount of guilds you are able to join to 1-2

Thallen 05-13-2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 704476)
50players in guild keeping fort 24/7

Did you ever stop to think that temporary recruiting will no longer be a thing and 50-player guilds will be lucky to have 10 people online at any given time?

Macbeth 05-13-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 704507)
Did you ever stop to think that temporary recruiting will no longer be a thing and 50-player guilds will be lucky to have 10 people online at any given time?

Plus with the new towering system, which there is talk about it being changed to a points system, would hopefully stop the rec and kicking tactic. It would do this by "charging" the guild points for each time it recs and/or kicks a member. In this way, even if they were able to have 50 members on, it would deplete any and all points they would achieve from having a full guild on and kicking half of their members.

ShadowGWS 05-14-2016 02:25 AM

Just got a thought people might've said,but since i'm lazy to Read and search idc, so what i think is they will increase Guild Capacity, and change the Kick and Rec System,I think the player that most helps will have most Points, wait this is getting pretty strange, here take this to help. I will give a random example:
Guild "Electro" Points - 777
Members with most Points :
Shadow - 300 Points(Points stand for the hours they helped)
Elektra - 400 Points
Brazus - 77 Points
Members with most Points will get Reward,this will stop the stupidness people do on Hatlist
Kick and Rec System:
Shadow(300 Points) Kicked Elektra(400 Points). The guild will lose all the points Elektra helped em get
Well its kinda like that what I thought...

G Fatal 05-14-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 704507)

That's if they make it like that, unless you already know whats happening..
They'd be more than 10 online if a guild(who's actively getting forts) has 50spots in guild, whether 20of them are temps or not. Thats why competition wise that people should want would be better off having less in guilds.

Quote:

Posted by iMac (Post 704490)
Tbh mate, your logic mates exactly zero sense. 10-15 members would kill any loyalty that already exists in guilds. Sure, it might raise competitiveness in towering by limiting doubles and triples, but "rec and kicking" would become an even greater norm.
We would be much better off raising the guild member limit to 40-50, and limiting the amount of guilds you are able to join to 1-2

Thats bs part from last bit, if they had like 1allie or so that would be their space guild that help out while the actual guild getting forts gets main active fort takers. rec/kick cycle wouldn't be worse if less members as who the hell is going to want to rejoin million times, it brings guilds/friends closer together keeping with certain squads.. but having option of like 50spaces even if they temporary recruiting wise would make hell of alot worse, putting it this way say for instance they kept the limit at what it is now and had this temp rec system they'd still be able to have space before that even knocked in, I remember yrs ago fatal holding sardons/snow/mod on main serv with 6players and few allies we held all for like 2hours surprisingly.

Rufus 05-14-2016 11:32 AM

Having 'temporary' players on your roster is not going to benefit you if you lose points/currency/whatever-it'll-be-called for poor retention.

PigParty 05-14-2016 11:43 AM

I really like the idea of having points. Honestly, the community is going to always try to find shortcuts or ways to ruin a system and take advantage of it. These points, along with harsh consequences for continuous kicking of members seems like it could work out very well for going back to the family-type guilds instead of nonstop kicking and recruiting. It could also reduce the amount of time it takes to get to 1k since you can't continuously noob recruit people who are on throughout the day, which means if you don't have enough members on, you can't take a tower very easily. Could be very interesting and actually create more competition in the towering community.

G Fatal 05-14-2016 11:45 AM

What about if ldr was off and the co/mains started to rec-kick his guild would lose points for it? Whats going to happen spar wise, losing extra points? as they unlikely to kick.

I'm not sure if in the plan but will stuff like pking/bking earn points, I'd kinda like that.. I'm intrigued by how stuff will be balanced out

PigParty 05-14-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 704641)
What about if ldr was off and the co/mains started to rec-kick his guild would lose points for it? Whats going to happen spar wise, losing extra points? as they unlikely to kick.

I'm not sure if in the plan but will stuff like pking/bking earn points, I'd kinda like that.. I'm intrigued by how stuff will be balanced out

If you don't want to kick as much because you'll lose points, then your 'perm' members won't need the kick power. That's how I see it; remove the need to kick members, and then the actual members in the guild won't even need kick powers, or at least only the most trusted ones will.

twilit 05-15-2016 03:38 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rufus (Post 704637)
Having 'temporary' players on your roster is not going to benefit you if you lose points/currency/whatever-it'll-be-called for poor retention.

So having a high member turnover will just your points in the new "point" system? I'd rather see restrictions on the guild system mechanically, instead of trying to correct behavior using punishments/rewards. Then again, we still dont know what changes are planned for guild system mechanics yet either.