Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Community Liaison (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42091)

Sir Travis 02-02-2021 12:44 PM

Community Liaison

I’ve noticed over the years that a large wall is forming between the admins and the player community, communication is the key to a healthy game community and classic could sure use a liaison to help clarify sticky situations

We all know and use the support page but when you submit a ticket it’s kinda scary... you end up in information Limbo and it can be frustrating

I figure a few key liaison players can help provide clarity to many of these situations and allow for a buffer of communication between players and staff who are hostile to each other. A sober third party, oversight, or a mediator can really expedite issues and provide a good protection against abuse

4-Lom 02-03-2021 10:22 AM

Isn't this the vision of the GPD?

They kinda run on need, not want, though.

I can only imagine the way answering hundreds of complaints about other people stealing your farm must have dropped off since we cannot take gralats From another person's house anymore..

Maybe it's time to start a fun brigade?

Sir Travis 02-03-2021 12:04 PM

I never looked at it that way before, I always thought it was like two service branches of the same unit

One for GFX, And one for maintaining order
I just figured if there was something in between it would improve communication, plus some people are just naturally afraid of authority figures

Crono 02-03-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 832237)
I figure a few key liaison players can help provide clarity to many of these situations and allow for a buffer of communication between players and staff who are hostile to each other. A sober third party, oversight, or a mediator can really expedite issues and provide a good protection against abuse

a chosen spokesperson would hardly be "third party"

iclassic seems to usually have its head GP kind of fill in this role anyway. GPs are disconnected from real staff (devs) so it makes sense to continue that way imo

Sir Travis 02-03-2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 832243)
a chosen spokesperson would hardly be "third party"

iclassic seems to usually have its head GP kind of fill in this role anyway. GPs are disconnected from real staff (devs) so it makes sense to continue that way imo

That’s good insight, that’s the kinda stuff a good liaison would know and share with less knowledgeable players like myself

To most of us regular players the workings of the Admins are completely unknown, I didn’t even know they had department heads

Maybe we could use the players and have them elect like.... a Tribune of players?

4-Lom 02-04-2021 03:26 AM

Better have an election day nexus first, so we can set up polling stations and stuff :0

Sir Travis 02-05-2021 04:12 AM

I know it all seems over the top but with the advent of the comms ban I just worry that the lack of transparency could allow for misuse of power

Crono 02-05-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 832248)
I know it all seems over the top but with the advent of the comms ban I just worry that the lack of transparency could allow for misuse of power

it's been an issue for a *long* time now

Emera 02-05-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 832248)

There's a communication ban? As in server staff can't communicate on the forums for example?

Sir Travis 02-05-2021 02:05 PM

I think it blocks all outgoing and incoming messages, and as I understand it... it never ends. Normal bans are for a fixed amount of time and the Communication ban is undefined/possibly permanent

I never really understood that till recently and it seems very severe, I figure it’s like Spider-Man says to Peter Griffin

“Everybody gets one”

Then you get it explained sternly that this was your “one”. People are passionate and sometimes say things they later regret

Quote:

Posted by Emera (Post 832250)
There's a communication ban? As in server staff can't communicate on the forums for example?

Are admins allowed to talk openly on the graalians forum? I don’t really know the answer to that but I sure hope so, it’s the very heart of the forum idea

regas 02-05-2021 10:28 PM

Hey all, just wanted to hop in and clarify a few things! I'll just start from the top and work my way down.

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 832237)
We all know and use the support page but when you submit a ticket it’s kinda scary... you end up in information Limbo and it can be frustrating

There are several issues that regular GPs or GFX cannot handle. Ban appeals, account level issues, email transfers, ect... A lot of these issues deal in handling sensitive account information, hence why these need to go through support. We end up getting a lot of support tickets because of this and it takes time to read through every ticket and address them properly.

Quote:

Posted by Emera (Post 832250)

Communication bans are for players and they normally come from breaking the rules or after a ban.

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 832252)
I think it blocks all outgoing and incoming messages, and as I understand it... it never ends. Normal bans are for a fixed amount of time and the Communication ban is undefined/possibly permanent

Communication bans aren't a permanent thing. Like regular bans they are for a fixed amount of time. So they will go away after a while.

Sir Travis 02-06-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by regas (Post 832255)
Communication bans aren't a permanent thing. Like regular bans they are for a fixed amount of time. So they will go away after a while.

Great information

What is the minimum and maximum amount of time for a communication ban and can they be stacked back to back?

When a ban is given out, is it reviewed after the fact by a admin that wasn’t involved?

Are admins allowed to interact/speak with players directly? And speak openly in the forum?

Sorry for all the questions suddenly. I just wanted to understand more about the system

Zeremmy Vallery 02-07-2021 06:16 AM

I would like to know what is happening O:

Sir Travis 02-07-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Zeremmy Vallery (Post 832260)
I would like to know what is happening O:

Not much, just me learning about classic :D i just figured I’d ask on the forum so others could also learn

4-Lom 02-08-2021 03:13 PM

Tfw you're joking and the thread gets to talking about addressing bans...

Are the various reasons for ban with examples and severity mentioned on the site somewhere? Along with the tos in layman's terms for example?