Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Guild Centre (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GST qualifications requirements? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41013)

Saeed 11-03-2018 08:47 PM

GST qualifications requirements?

With the NGS phase 1, the old GS points got removed and with the GST coming up after 21 days (if its going to be the usual date which is the last Saturday of the month) we don’t know how to get qualified to the GST. What is it going to be based on? The spar wins to loses ratio in the guild charter because that would be a terrible system that will most likely going to give terrible brackets.

Can I also make a suggestion to the GST rules. When a core player gets DQ and banned for cheating/hacking in GST, the whole team should be Disqualified not just the member. Why? Because the leaders of the teams wouldn't care if they recruit a cheater they got nothing to lose. If the whole team receives a DQ then the leaders of the GST teams will be careful in recruiting

Klover 11-03-2018 09:44 PM

But then if the leader recruits someone w/o knowing they’re hacking the whole team will get disqualified

SomeGuy 11-04-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Posted by Klover (Post 820749)
But then if the leader recruits someone w/o knowing they’re hacking the whole team will get disqualified

If a leader cant tell when someone is hacking then they deserve to be disqualified.

Reggie* 11-04-2018 03:02 AM

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 820754)
If a leader cant tell when someone is hacking then they deserve to be disqualified.

Heck no, I don't gst. But sometimes especially in a laggy event like GST, it is hard to tell if someone is cheating for a leader. I mean in practice gs with my guild It gets pretty laggy sometimes and I myself have come acrossed a cheater/

Saeed 11-04-2018 09:49 AM

More than five players got banned last GST for cheating/hacking/evading/participating in more than one team. I only know few players who got banned but I'm sure more than five players got banned. The usual cheaters you get in GST are players who are using VPN or evading ban/using alts account to participating in more than one team. Banning them after they've played and passed round 1 is unfair to the team that lost to the cheating team. This is why they should be DQ'ed.

Anyways I didn't create the thread for this reason I just felt like adding that suggestion because of the previous GSTs. I'm sure most players who actually guild spar will agree.
How are we going to get qualified to the GST? The GS points are not in the guild charter but the GS leader board still exist does that mean it wasn't removed completely?

DoubleliftGraal 11-18-2018 04:04 AM

GST from Now

NGS screwed us over.
How will GST work now? What are the standards for qualification.

fp4 11-27-2018 06:21 PM

The same qualification system is still in place even though the number is gone from the profiles -- which is tied to the old leaderboards not the guild system.

You can check if your team is qualified at the GST information desk.

Saeed 11-27-2018 06:54 PM

You can also check by using the showguildrating command. I forgot the exact calculations you have to make with the numbers you get using these two numbers. I will try to remember

Fulgore 11-27-2018 09:48 PM

people might complain about this but I might like this way much better, as it prevents people from trying to manipulate the brackets in their favor

BrandonGraal 11-29-2018 01:26 PM

I dont think this is a horrible thing, but I feel as top 32 in the qualification thing doesn't work exactly correct. (I could just be wrong abt this) but my guild won 4 lost 5 were top 32. Darth didnt even need to win to get top 32. Like does it work correctly? Tons of teams last gst were top 32 didnt get in brackets. Seems impossible now to tell if u made it unless u wait for top 16.

Saeed 11-29-2018 03:20 PM

Yeah the top 32 isn’t correct. Last GST more than five teams were supposed to be qualified into the GST but they weren’t shown in the brackets.
Well technically, it does work. However, if you submit your team and then later on you’re not in top 32 anymore it will still say you’re qualified but you’re actually not. This needs to be fixed since it’s the only way now to find out if you’re qualified or not

Fulgore 11-29-2018 04:10 PM

Yeah this happened when (gg) was made and we hadn't even sparred once yet, said we were qualified. To all teams out there I'd try for top 16 to be super safe

Saeed 12-01-2018 09:07 AM

Type showguildrating in public chat, multiply the first number (the bigger mumber) by 3.35 and you will get how many points you got. You also need to make sure the second number is below 100 before registration closes.