Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Baddy Grinding/Domination of spawns (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41941)

Sir Travis 06-04-2020 02:35 PM

Baddy Grinding/Domination of spawns

Currently I see a lot of players grinding in baddy spots but they don’t really share many kills and completely dominate larger spawn areas (volcano, lower bandit caves, central rebel cave, ect)

Is it possible to add a feature that maybe warps players who die too many times in one area? I see a lot of people grinding till death without any care for sharing and I mean all day long... they don’t even take lunch breaks sometimes :/

Every 5th death you get warped? I’m just wondering what the communities thoughts are on this

McCullough 06-04-2020 04:20 PM

I don't know. There isn't really a point to baddy killing, it's just an activity. I'm sure over time you could rack up a good amount of gralats, but I'm not sure how efficient that is.

SomeGuy 06-05-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 830760)
I don't know. There isn't really a point to baddy killing, it's just an activity. I'm sure over time you could rack up a good amount of gralats, but I'm not sure how efficient that is.

You can get a lot of gralats from farming lizardons. That was ages ago though so it might’ve been nerfed but you could get 100g in like two minutes.

Dusty 06-05-2020 03:29 PM

Most baddies have an interior area to farm them so it may be worth considering instancing them off.

Heeble 06-06-2020 06:53 PM

Perhaps introduce something like resource dungeons on RuneScape. These would be the instanced zones. I rarely BK, but when I pass by a BK spot I like seeing people there. I would rather see the instancing be an option than forced.

McCullough 06-06-2020 07:38 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to instancing actually, but if they were to be a thing I think there would need to be a lot of baddies and a lot more baddy areas or dungeons, l which is possible. Similar to those areas that need a certain amount of hours to enter, but instead of that it could be based on baddy kills or perhaps a completely new statistic or attribute.

I think that would be cool, because then you could make areas with increasingly more difficult baddies, something that require many players to kill, akin to the blob, or just experience in general. With instancing areas, you open up another possibility for reward-based Bking besides just the bounty. These instanced areas could be different from bounties since normal bounties wouldn't involve these newer, different baddies. The rewards could range anywhere from gralats to maybe even accessories or hats/helmets. It would make Bking a more interesting activity IMO, and I'd have fun with such a system.

We have areas with different types of baddies everywhere. Here's a personal list from easiest to hardest, excluding special baddies for now.

•Balamb Rebel Soldiers
•Normal Rebel Soldiers
•Pyrats
•Bandits
•Ambush Rebels
•Red Spider things
•Crabs
•Blobs
•Rats
•Snakes
•Bats
•Lizardons

Sir Travis 06-09-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 830763)
Most baddies have an interior area to farm them so it may be worth considering instancing them off.

More spots, more competition might work but I hope it doesn’t pull too many resources
Could always test it on a small scale :D

I think I was just grumpy from seeing someone keep a whole hoard of Lizardons to himself, but I swear he died six times in under 2 minutes.... a slight punishment warp wouldn’t hurt to the entrance area. Sorta like that Rabbit burrow from the Easter event. Increased difficulty but everyone has food for healing now :)

Sir Travis 07-24-2020 02:24 PM

I see a lot of the areas are dominated by the same players, spamming sword and dying constantly

Maybe death should result in a warp to the unstuck me areas?

It would be a great anti bot measure