Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Farming Rework part 1 (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41519)

ArchieIsHere 07-11-2019 03:33 AM

Since a lot of updates are being implemented to West, I want to recommend optimizing West for the iPhone XR, so it fits the screen size properly.

TomatoPanda 07-11-2019 03:48 AM

Having a slave to water your stuff for you would just defeat the purpose of the update wings even if you did make it cost 50k it wouldn't work. Have you guys thought about maybe just getting rid of the whole time system for something else? You guys could honestly turn farming into something like how pizza making is on era. The whole time thing is what's gonna screw it up.

If you need any ideas maybe make it so we have to use shovels first on the plots, then plant the seeds, then water the plots, then fertilizer can be used on plots for a chance for a higher amount of crops to grow and after a minute wait the crop could be ready to be picked up. If you did something like this though you would have to force sell EVERYBODYS CROPS and you would have to change how many of (crop) to grow at a time and the prices would need to be changed for everything. Basically a lot of balancing but that can easily be done with testing.

Having a job where it's just a waiting game isn't gonna work no matter how many more steps you add.

ihermes 07-11-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 826596)
Having a slave to water your stuff for you would just defeat the purpose of the update wings even if you did make it cost 50k it wouldn't work. Have you guys thought about maybe just getting rid of the whole time system for something else? You guys could honestly turn farming into something like how pizza making is on era. The whole time thing is what's gonna screw it up.

If you need any ideas maybe make it so we have to use shovels first on the plots, then plant the seeds, then water the plots, then fertilizer can be used on plots for a chance for a higher amount of crops to grow and after a minute wait the crop could be ready to be picked up. If you did something like this though you would have to force sell EVERYBODYS CROPS and you would have to change how many of (crop) to grow at a time and the prices would need to be changed for everything. Basically a lot of balancing but that can easily be done with testing.

Having a job where it's just a waiting game isn't gonna work no matter how many more steps you add.

Are you talking about the timer for plants growth? or water timer? or wither timer?

i'll reconsider the the farmer helper, but i do want to keep the timers. farming isnt something someone should constantly be attending to, farming is meant as a side job while you do other things and come back to having crops grown, its just u shouldnt be allowed to ignore it completely and expect profit.
i can add changes but removing the time limit isnt something i will consider

TomatoPanda 07-11-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Posted by ihermes (Post 826598)
Are you talking about the timer for plants growth? or water timer? or wither timer?

i'll reconsider the the farmer helper, but i do want to keep the timers. farming isnt something someone should constantly be attending to, farming is meant as a side job while you do other things and come back to having crops grown, its just u shouldnt be allowed to ignore it completely and expect profit.
i can add changes but removing the time limit isnt something i will consider

If that's the direction your going then I recommend at least cutting all the crops times to a 1 hour max cause nobody's gonna play the game 6 hours straight for watermelons. Maybe try to make it so players are forced to water their plants 5 times. So if the blueberrys take 10 minutes then you'll need to water them every 2 minutes. That being said for watermelons for example for a time of an hour then every 12 minutes a crop would need to be watered. By the way I've noticed that the crops don't die right away if they don't get water which I like but the crops timers should stop during the times they don't have water instead of still growing and after let's say 3-5 minutes of no water then the crops should die.

Going by a system where were forced to water 5 times each is a win-win cause then players that don't want to be tending their crops every 2 minutes could farm crops like in the case I made for watermelon every 12 minutes for an hour but since their not tending to them as often the reward could be less then someone tending to blueberrys for an hour straight of 6 cycles.

Imma play with some math and post how it would look like in a bit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After some time this is what I came up with.

Crop Farming (Current Growth Times) Balance:
Cycle Number for Water: 5

Blueberry Seed: Needs water every 2 minutes. Takes 10 minutes to grow. Dies after 2 minutes without water.

Carrot Seed: Needs water every 3 minutes. Takes 15 minutes to grow. Dies after 3 minutes without water.

Wheat Seed: Needs water every 6 minutes. Takes 30 minutes to grow. Dies after 6 minutes without water.

Strawberry Seed: Needs water every 6 minutes. Takes 30 minutes to grow. Dies after 6 minutes without water.

Tomato Seed: Needs water every 9 minutes. Takes 45 minutes to grow. Dies after 9 minutes without water.

Rice Seed: Needs water every 12 minutes. Takes 1 hour to grow. Dies after 12 minutes without water.

Jalapeno Seed: Needs water every 12 minutes. Takes 1 hour to grow. Dies after 12 minutes without water.

Pumpkin Seed: Needs water every 24 minutes. Takes 2 hours to grow. Dies after 24 minutes without water.

Onion Seed: Needs water every 36 minutes. Takes 3 hours to grow. Dies after 36 minutes without water.

Corn Seed: Needs water every 48 minutes. Takes 4 hours to grow. Dies after 48 minutes without water.

Raspberry Seed: Needs water every hour. Takes 5 hours to grow. Dies after a hour without water.

Watermelon Seed: Needs water every 72 minutes. Takes 6 hours to grow. Dies after 72 minutes without water.

After some thinking I thought it would be best to just make the crops die after the same time it would take to water the plant since a 2 minute window isn't fair for those growing watermelon and etc. Also I figured keeping the growth times the same amount instead of a hour max would give the players more options to be flexible with.

Kate R. 07-11-2019 09:36 AM

Is there a specific time until the water drains completely?

GodzillaFire 07-12-2019 04:05 AM

Why not keeping the old farming system but making it to where every 1k hours you have you can buy another 10 plots for farming. Max being 60. Some of you might see issues with this and think players could just leave accounts online to afk to 6000 hours. Well to fix this issue you could just set up accounts to disconnect like on classic. If they don’t move after like 5 or 10 mins they wouldn’t gain the time they need if they were afking. This would also remove the ability for people to afk in base for gp. If you think this is unfair to the newer players then you could make it so players can only farm certain crops once or twice a day max.
Just my thought could be dumb.

ihermes 07-12-2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 826600)
If that's the direction your going then I recommend at least cutting all the crops times to a 1 hour max cause nobody's gonna play the game 6 hours straight for watermelons. Maybe try to make it so players are forced to water their plants 5 times. So if the blueberrys take 10 minutes then you'll need to water them every 2 minutes. That being said for watermelons for example for a time of an hour then every 12 minutes a crop would need to be watered. By the way I've noticed that the crops don't die right away if they don't get water which I like but the crops timers should stop during the times they don't have water instead of still growing and after let's say 3-5 minutes of no water then the crops should die.

Going by a system where were forced to water 5 times each is a win-win cause then players that don't want to be tending their crops every 2 minutes could farm crops like in the case I made for watermelon every 12 minutes for an hour but since their not tending to them as often the reward could be less then someone tending to blueberrys for an hour straight of 6 cycles.

Imma play with some math and post how it would look like in a bit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After some time this is what I came up with.

Crop Farming (Current Growth Times) Balance:
Cycle Number for Water: 5

Blueberry Seed: Needs water every 2 minutes. Takes 10 minutes to grow. Dies after 2 minutes without water.

Carrot Seed: Needs water every 3 minutes. Takes 15 minutes to grow. Dies after 3 minutes without water.

Wheat Seed: Needs water every 6 minutes. Takes 30 minutes to grow. Dies after 6 minutes without water.

Strawberry Seed: Needs water every 6 minutes. Takes 30 minutes to grow. Dies after 6 minutes without water.

Tomato Seed: Needs water every 9 minutes. Takes 45 minutes to grow. Dies after 9 minutes without water.

Rice Seed: Needs water every 12 minutes. Takes 1 hour to grow. Dies after 12 minutes without water.

Jalapeno Seed: Needs water every 12 minutes. Takes 1 hour to grow. Dies after 12 minutes without water.

Pumpkin Seed: Needs water every 24 minutes. Takes 2 hours to grow. Dies after 24 minutes without water.

Onion Seed: Needs water every 36 minutes. Takes 3 hours to grow. Dies after 36 minutes without water.

Corn Seed: Needs water every 48 minutes. Takes 4 hours to grow. Dies after 48 minutes without water.

Raspberry Seed: Needs water every hour. Takes 5 hours to grow. Dies after a hour without water.

Watermelon Seed: Needs water every 72 minutes. Takes 6 hours to grow. Dies after 72 minutes without water.

After some thinking I thought it would be best to just make the crops die after the same time it would take to water the plant since a 2 minute window isn't fair for those growing watermelon and etc. Also I figured keeping the growth times the same amount instead of a hour max would give the players more options to be flexible with.

dont you think 5 times is a bit much? i can see people giving up on blueberry crops if they have to water them 5 times in a row. what if instead we did it 3 times?
right now we dont plan on changing the withering time
but i can say i did change the crops water cycles
originally crops had a max water of 50 and the drain was .1, so the water meter would be depleted at 8.3 min
now i've added changed for crops by having players water them in a cycle of 3

Pumpkin
water 240 = 40 minutes until empty

rice
water 120 = 20 minutes until empty

corn
480 = 1 hour and 20 minutes until empty

strawberry
60 = 10 minutes until empty

jalapeno
120 = 20 minutes until empty

carrot
30 = 5 minutes until empty

blueberry
20 = 3.333333333333333 minutes until empty

watermelon
720 = 2 hours until empty

tomato

90 = 15 minutes until empty

wheat
60 = 10 miuntes until empty

onion
360 = 1 hour until empty

raspberry
600 = 1 hour and 40 minutes until empty

TomatoPanda 07-12-2019 05:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by ihermes (Post 826609)
dont you think 5 times is a bit much? i can see people giving up on blueberry crops if they have to water them 5 times in a row. what if instead we did it 3 times?

I was just using 5 times as an example it could be whatever you want. I was just thinking wings that blueberrys are the best crop atm so yes the players should have to constantly water them for the reward of getting the most gralats they could within the time they farm. If players want to wait and only want to water every 10 minutes instead then they should pick a different crop they would rather use.

I just think if you want to make it so for blueberrys we would only need to water them 3 times then all crops should only need to be watered 3 times to make it less complicated to players and easier for them to adapt to the system.

ArchieIsHere 07-12-2019 07:05 AM

When will “old” gardens be refunded? Or are they no longer being refunded?

Kate R. 07-12-2019 09:12 AM

Suggestion:
For the npc bot: Add a feature where the bot may send a message to the owner when the crop is ready to be harvested/ does the npc bot pick it up theirselves? Or maybe add another furniture where the crops will be putted by the npc bot,and there is a limit of crops that will be putted there.

ArchieIsHere 07-12-2019 04:41 PM

Push notifications sound like a good idea... ^^

Steena 07-13-2019 07:56 PM

In the farming shop, there is a memo placed above the garden plots that says to not sell the old gardens, and to wait for a refund tomorrow. Will it be an automatic refund that requires no additional action to sell the old gardens from the players? Also, is there a specific time that it's scheduled for? I feel like days have passed, but tomorrow never seems to come.

ArchieIsHere 07-16-2019 08:17 PM

Gotta wait a few months like always... :/

It’s sad to see how things will never change in West.

Aftermath 07-17-2019 03:19 AM

Yeah tomorrow is taking a long time

Wajanzki 07-17-2019 10:44 AM

please make crops tradable again :/