Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I told you so (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39807)

Ghettoicedtea 10-18-2017 03:45 AM

I told you so

Ok mates, i was cleaning out my boxes i had and found my paper copy old guns folder along with the plans for guns. So i got nostalgic and redownloaded zone for the giggles and holy **** did i hit the nail on the head when i said this game is going to hell. 195 people? What? 2 years ago on schooldays we were hittin 1000average.
Everything that i said needed to change didnt and lookie here what happended. Nuffin
So what happened and what needed to be changed?
>combat
By far the largest issue of the game. Izone was almost a copy paste iera guns and combat system but watered down with 360 shooting. So its more dull era essentially. For those who do not know ieras combat style, its fast furious close quarters enclosed spaces. Izone however, is not this, its very slow and spammy and open battlefields like conquest or iricia. Now izone tried to copy this and surprise, it failed, hard. As we can all see. Izone needed to embrace the open battlefield combat style and that can be done in 2 ways. 1 is drastically increase bullet damage. As bullets go farther, they spread farter thus more innacurate. This mixed with slow bullet speeds makes it easy to avoid bullets at long ranges and low damage output makes it easier to take a hit and run. Thus making battles long and dragged out, amplified when cover is added. This is very very boring and dull. 2 increase bullet speeds, this way it will be way harder to dodge bullets thus being hit more and allow more cautious movement. Nothing was done and infact the damage was decreased since i last played.
Guns are neutured once again and we are back to square one before i became guns admin. Guns lack variety and viability and this is because of the rippers. Why use a gp when there rippers that does everything everygun does but better? Remember when stuff like the flamethrower had actual roles to play in the battlefield? The flamethrower was a monster as it could shoot through walls and kill people in .2 seconds, great for removing campers fast, but had a veryshort range. Or how about the dreaded railgun? God damn i got so many PMs asking to nerf that gun, it was good af, hit really hard but has small ammo count and lengthy reload times. Another good example is the pink pistols, those tpre through a single target but had lengthy reload times. Or pistols that had the fastest reload time in the entire game, ran outta ammo on your run n gun spree? No problem, just whip out a lightning pistol and keep shooting with your .1 second reload until you could get to safety and reload better guns. Last example was the rippers, those things were god tier for run n gun due to high damage output and fastest reloads among all run n gun guns (.4 second), but you could not shoot those from behind a wall at all so you were forced to move out behind cover to shoot. Stuff like that is entirely gone, theres a few guns that fit some unique rolls but are ultimately stampped out by rippers doing everything better.
Invincibility timers, BULL****, if you get hit, you are hit, this slows down the gameplay even more and allows one man armys to be way more effective than they should as you can absorb multiple bullets for a time.
>bases
Still garbage, izone needed to move over to a seperate world based system and players ported into a unique battlefield world
Capping sucks, flags can eaily be abused by getting one guy in and cap a zone. Should be more people in a zone starts a countdown timer, once timer hits 0 base it lost to attackers.
Iricia and ctf should be bot events like laser tag in era and give good rewards that are worthwhile.
Those are the main reason why zone died, you let the main meat of the game be killed. Good job. I told you all, but you didnt listen.

PigParty 10-18-2017 04:37 AM

Oh god I'm not reading that ****. Anyways, if you're saying you told us so that zone or gun stats suck, yea, we know. Been like that since before you became staff, while you were staff, and after. Same with us all.

Ghettoicedtea 10-18-2017 04:49 AM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 798587)
Oh god I'm not reading that ****. Anyways, if you're saying you told us so that zone or gun stats suck, yea, we know. Been like that since before you became staff, while you were staff, and after. Same with us all.

Im saying the same **** i told everyone 2 years ago and no one listened. I dunno if youre still staff or not but no one on staff wanted to overhaul the game leading it to its death that i was talking about 2 years ago. Thats it

PigParty 10-18-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ghettoicedtea (Post 798588)
Im saying the same **** i told everyone 2 years ago and no one listened. I dunno if youre still staff or not but no one on staff wanted to overhaul the game leading it to its death that i was talking about 2 years ago. Thats it

They were working on overhauling it 2 years ago. It's just been a management **** show that nothing ever got done about it - just like the rest of Zone's content.

Ghettoicedtea 10-18-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 798614)
They were working on overhauling it 2 years ago. It's just been a management **** show that nothing ever got done about it - just like the rest of Zone's content.

I saw that, while having no manager is bad news, they could have at least kept weapons balanced. Thats the only thing i can think of that you definitally do not need a manager to watch over you 24/7

List 10-18-2017 09:40 PM

zone was meant to fail

Elk 10-18-2017 10:10 PM

Zone could have been really cool if the money it harvested was invested into proper development.

Ghettoicedtea 10-18-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Elk (Post 798678)
Zone could have been really cool if the money it harvested was invested into proper development.

Not true, there was point around 2015 or 14 notsure when, where izone exploded in popularity and was averaging out at 800- 1000 players

PigParty 10-18-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ghettoicedtea (Post 798688)
Not true, there was point around 2015 or 14 notsure when, where izone exploded in popularity and was averaging out at 800- 1000 players

Elk's right that if profit was reinvested into the company and the improvement of their servers then they could be much better and much more popular.

G Fatal 10-19-2017 07:47 PM

As much as i agree on the investing money back into game/servers, c'mon it ain't happening(unless it's something drastically different) All hape needs to do is throw another few servers on ios and bam another income or even be greedy delete the standalone apps and make the Graal Worlds app where he can publish pay2play servers for your accounts you've had years.lol and free servers with limitation. Sounds worse eh.. but it wouldn't actually suprise me if happened

Elk 10-19-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ghettoicedtea (Post 798688)

800-1000 is not much, though

Ghettoicedtea 10-19-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 798689)
Elk's right that if profit was reinvested into the company and the improvement of their servers then they could be much better and much more popular.

Oh fug i replied to the wrong person. But even then i doubt izone would grow. Iera and classic would be getting the bulk of the reinvestments because iera and classic have a way higher demand for it due to larger player counts during the time
Quote:

Posted by Elk
800-1000 is not much, though

It is when not long before average player count was 180-300. Thats about triple in a short time and thats good

Ethacon 10-20-2017 03:10 AM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 798750)
hape

can't decide if Unix is officially supposed to be referred to as "hape" or not now.

Ghettoicedtea 10-20-2017 03:38 AM

Quote:

Posted by ethacon (Post 798778)
can't decide if Unix is officially supposed to be referred to as "hape" or not now.

Unix is just "le ebin bread goy"

G Fatal 10-20-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by ethacon (Post 798778)

Well he deleted/wiped his accounts here last time I checked so probably doesn’t care anyway. Hape sounds better lol rather then Uni-x-mad pretty sure there’s gotta be story of that. If you still roaming forums Hape now your chance to join community with a new name and meaning, to actually get to hear what players want, tell them about production etc. The hiding away with no answers kill the game aswell.