Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic FAQs and Guides (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Revised Uploading Guidelines (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7322)

Rufus 06-10-2012 02:39 AM

Revised Uploading Guidelines

The uploading guidelines on Classic have been revised today. While these are listed as 'guidelines' for uploads, your graphics will be denied if they don't conform to what is outlined.

Quote:

• You may not upload any graphics that are obscene, indecent, or controversial in nature. Any such material will result in a loss of uploading privileges and may lead to further punishment.

• Do not use pure black or pure white in your graphics. These two colors are used for transparency in-game and will not be visible on any images that are uploaded.

• Respect copyrights and only upload graphics that you have made yourself or that you are authorized to use. Any concepts that are taken from television shows, video games or any other forms of media will not be accepted. Works that are inspired by such material are only accepted under some circumstances. It is therefore encouraged that you design original ideas for your graphics to avoid any issues that may arise.

• Minor accessories are allowed, but graphics should not act as a substitute for a hat. Minor accessories include items such as earrings, semi-covering face masks, hairbands, headbands, and glasses. If accessories are added to files, such as heads, then they need to be integrated into the design itself. All masks that cover the entire face or hats that are just stuck on top of a head will be denied.

• Ensure that all visual effects that are applied to your graphics are appropriate. All heads and bodies should make proper use of the dimensions provided. In this regard, small or invisible graphics are not allowed. No images are allowed to use rapid flashing or color-changing effects.

So what does this mean? Well, restrictions on "copyright" material will be more relaxed. That's not to say that you may upload material that you do not own, but there won't be pressure on works that are simply inspired by other things. You can now add glasses onto your heads because there is no desire to sell them as hats, and it is too hard to cater for everyone's individual heads. You are not allowed to upload full face masks or stick hats on top of your head (including that Naruto headband) unless it is clear that it is a part of the overall design of the head.

That's about it.

MattKan 06-10-2012 02:42 AM

Cool beans.

Higbey 06-10-2012 02:55 AM

how did you manage to get stefan to accept this?

Cigam 06-10-2012 04:33 AM

Cool ;)

Rexx 06-10-2012 05:23 AM

THANK YOU, I was tired of hearing about copyright bull****, it has finally be cleared up.

Remorse 06-10-2012 05:24 AM

Finally,now i can upload a head with glasses.

Elusive 06-10-2012 11:10 AM

'That's not to say that you may upload material that you do not own'

I don't like to pinpoint a single sentence, but does 'own' class as make or is it regarding copyrighted graphics? Due to iFile and Soulslayer's website as we all know personal uploads don't stay very personal for long, uploading staff cannot check each head to see if it is stolen or an original. This will always be the issue with uploading graphics, almost every time someone will steal the work and nothing can be done regarding the situation.

Dylan 06-10-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Elusive (Post 137513)
'That's not to say that you may upload material that you do not own'

I don't like to pinpoint a single sentence, but does 'own' class as make or is it regarding copyrighted graphics? Due to iFile and Soulslayer's website as we all know personal uploads don't stay very personal for long, uploading staff cannot check each head to see if it is stolen or an original. This will always be the issue with uploading graphics, almost every time someone will steal the work and nothing can be done regarding the situation.

Something can be done.

Elusive 06-10-2012 12:04 PM

that is..

Bubba De Orc 11-19-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by Elusive (Post 137522)
that is..

Elusive is that you? leader of black label?

callimuc 11-19-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Bubba De Orc (Post 236492)
Elusive is that you? leader of black label?

PM him that question .___.

Bubba De Orc 11-19-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by callimuc (Post 236505)
PM him that question .___.

NO!

Maxy 11-19-2012 08:18 PM

You ont need to bump an old thread to ask him a question which you can pm. But he's is the leader, yes

Kiwi 11-19-2012 08:28 PM

I know I'm posting this off a bump, but it'd be nice to see them revised again.

4-Lom 09-25-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kiwi (Post 236581)
I know I'm posting this off a bump, but it'd be nice to see them revised again.

I just posted in future developments about that...