Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Classic Gifting System (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41137)

Reggie* 12-16-2018 05:52 PM

Classic Gifting System

Thanks to whoever posted the Gifting system for old west.

Why don't we use the same script as the egg trading system for gifts? It works I think...
Because 100 eggs each have a spot...make it smaller to 4 presents. Then extend the amount 1 can hold..which I think is already done. It is genius imo. It reduces scam issues 100% and maybe reduces the use of Secret Santa.

I didn't think about it until now and I am glad I did, if my though process is right it could change a lot of things and could be used for other things.

Saeed 12-16-2018 06:03 PM

Using the same system for eggs trading may not be perfect. Using a similar system is definitely much better.
The problem is you won’t be able to gift someone without them gifting you something back. The player should rbe able to pick two options under the “give present” one for gifting a present, the other for trading.

Reggie* 12-16-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 822777)
Using the same system for eggs trading may not be perfect. Using a similar system is definitely much better.
The problem is you won’t be able to gift someone without them gifting you something back. The player should rbe able to pick two options under the “give present” one for gifting a present, the other for trading.

Of course, that works as well. I mean anything like this is better than what we have now.

SummerGraal 12-21-2018 01:57 PM

I think that Graal is trying to stick to "christmas is about giving." I guess the staff doesn't want to turn the in-game christmas into just meaningless trades merely meant for stacking up on new items on the 25th.

The community is at a bad place right now during Graalmas, but a majority of people do make friends and trade honest gifts during this time of the year and whatnot. It's a nice christmas society and adding trades might commercialize a lot, I don't know?

Also, if there is a trade system in the future they should also make it so that you can still give donations or else Christmas without actual giving would be ruined.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

4-Lom 12-21-2018 04:16 PM

Using a trade system would eliminate people going on secondary accounts, earning like 2-3000 gralats in a hurry, and then gifting their main.

For all the scumbags who do this, I hope the ol' "crappy food and low value gralats instead of real gifts" bites them hard.

Sir Travis 12-21-2018 05:02 PM

They play by themselves?

I hope they don’t talk to themselves, I see that on the forums sometimes and it freaks me out :D

SummerGraal 12-21-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 823043)
Using a trade system would eliminate people going on secondary accounts, earning like 2-3000 gralats in a hurry, and then gifting their main.

For all the scumbags who do this, I hope the ol' "crappy food and low value gralats instead of real gifts" bites them hard.

Wait, assuming that trading will be the only way to get presents and no donations?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk