Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Graal ISSUES (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41914)

Bay Max 05-03-2020 09:44 AM

Graal ISSUES

First of all I would like to start from very old topic crafting, is crafting ever gonna return in west? and why shield is not out till now, and the main thing is the PC version is too bad you cant click on a player to see their profile and you have to manually search their name on friends to even pm, some guns like numerous de circue has problem in the game when you equip it you have to again click with the mouse on the screen so that the player can move not only this one gun some other guns too, when you try to type anything on PC the word is typed twice and when you press enter the word enter is typed in the chat and the chat color is so hard to see on PC you cant even see what your typing, and even while editing status you cant see a word because of the color. I just hope staffs look on these thing and try to solve it and please bring crafting back.
(This is just my opinion but the old map was very good and if you admins think your making the game better no your not)This is on behalf of all my newbie fellow player, I see a lot of people asking me why don't they get GP when they kill the people in base like 1 kill=1 GP but even tho i get kills I don't get GP properly, and I think we need 1 more base and all these gangs like peace stuff what is that and people are like they own their each own particular until they hit their specific goal, why don't they have gang evasion, PK events gangs need to break their peace so that the new gangs with new players can also have a chance to get a base on their own and not until their peace gangs comes to save them and the result is new gangs are not formed until and unless they know some admin and some pro gang with alot of pro friends.

Symmasolan 05-08-2020 10:15 AM

"is crafting ever gonna return in west?"
-Likely not, but never say never. I'm not taking questions on this one, and probably never will again.

".. why shield is not out till now"
-A shield has never existed on West, and just jacking the code from Era would be a bad idea for security reasons. Something this important and possibly game-changing is better to just have our own thing for it instead. It's not exactly an overnight deal either. So far I've written about ~2,200 lines of related code, and a majority of it is decently complex base system junk. Still getting back in to the swing of things with GS2, but gaining speed every day. It's been a while.
I'm mostly working on making it an easily expandable system in the case that this thing is a huge hit for any particular reason, and all of a sudden players would enjoy a whole spanning range of shields.
It's not been my main focus for the last few weeks because the server has had bigger issues come up when I have time to dedicate to work. The script kiddies aren't helping either, but that's not exactly something I can control anyways.
SHIELD TL;DR It's done when I'm done with it, and no sooner. It's free, y'all can wait a little more for it.

"the main thing is the PC version is too bad you cant click on a player to see their profile .."
-Opening profiles on the Web client has been addressed as of today. You can't open a profile if you've taken or dealt damage within a short delay, but you can still accidentally open combat by clicking on a head. First shooter where it's a bad idea~
This part in particular is likely to change over time as we figure out ways to improve that without breaking other things.

"when you try to type anything on PC the word is typed twice and .."
-Haven't tried using the Web client yet, and I just joined up again a few weeks ago. We'll see about testing it until my nose bleeds once I get the shield out, among other things.

".. if you admins think your making the game better no your not)."
-Saying something like "you're doing your job wrong short stuff!" won't stop me from already doing what is planned, and having that result stick around. I'm way more than used to players complaining until somebody loses their voice, everyone loses their hearing, and varied combinations of both.

".. I think we need 1 more base and all these gangs like peace stuff what is that and .."
-Calm down there partner. I agree that the bases need some sort of change, but that won't happen until we come up with some silver bullet(s?) to help "fix" (read aloud as "change") the issue. I'm sure you and everyone reading this knows it, but players in any game are really damn good at finding ways to break intentions behind systems and changes. No system is or will be perfect, but I'm not planning on making split-second choices about something so important to the game as a whole.
-I already know that people have dropped some suggestions here. I'm generally taking a much more silent approach to Ol'West this time around, and I've not browsed Graalians that often in my time back. Probably still won't, cause y'all sometimes just get toxic over nothing and attack my family lineage. :( My dog doesn't deserve that kind of language.

Most this stuff is already in the sprawling giant chaotic list I keep of stuff I want/need to do or keep track of. I do remember these things (sometimes).

On another note, the silence while I work is quite peaceful so far. Random PMs in the middle of my workflow tend to be extremely distracting. That probably ends soon after this post though, which kind of sucks.