Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What happened to the graalian's minecraft server (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41242)

MisterFace 02-03-2019 03:19 AM

What happened to the graalian's minecraft server

title

Eugeen 02-03-2019 04:10 AM

Not sure tbh, I was on it for a while but I guess whoever was hosting it shut it down due to barely anyone playing.

I personally felt like it was too restricted though since there wasn’t a lot to do in such a small area, once everyone built their houses it was basically kinda done.

Would definitely play again if someone hosts another server assuming there’s no restrictions other than some agreements to stay near eachother to build a town/city etc.
Could also possibly be in the latest snapshot or 1.14 once it’s released since the new additions are pretty nice

SomeGuy 02-03-2019 10:06 AM

How does minecraft work? What version was the server on, because if its on that bedrock version then more people could play.

Coco 02-03-2019 07:27 PM

ded.

SomeGuy 02-04-2019 07:19 PM

I've always liked community survivals on minecraft - making a town full of other peoples builds and seeing their creations is really quite fun - and then you go onto the server after a day or two to see what has happened. It is really unlike any other game.

Eugeen 02-04-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 824157)
How does minecraft work? What version was the server on, because if its on that bedrock version then more people could play.

It was on the java(PC) version and I think we were on minecraft version 1.12 although I'm not too sure as it has been a while.

The server was basically just survival but we only had a limited area of a few chunks where we could go and if we reached certain milestones the owner would increase the playable area (I think this was however done because the server wasn't powerful enough to allow free roaming as it can require quite some power and I personally disliked how little there was to do because of that)
Other than that we just built our own houses, made some roads and ended up with a small town. Everyone was pretty nice and helpful to eachother.

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 824165)
I've always liked community survivals on minecraft - making a town full of other peoples builds and seeing their creations is really quite fun - and then you go onto the server after a day or two to see what has happened. It is really unlike any other game.

Same here, it's enjoyable when you can discover new things every day by simply looking through the structures that people have built, it makes the game feel alive in a way.

A new server can always be made if someone is willing to, or we collectively do it somehow but I'm not too sure how it would work out as there would be even less players than before unless we allow people outside of the forums to join somehow while still preventing trolls and such

MisterFace 02-04-2019 10:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Coco (Post 824159)
ded.

sadd

Macbeth 02-05-2019 09:21 PM

I would be down to make another server. That would be fun

MisterFace 02-08-2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Macbeth (Post 824189)
I would be down to make another server. That would be fun

you shooooooooould

Seth Reed 02-17-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Posted by Eugeen (Post 824168)
It was on the java(PC) version and I think we were on minecraft version 1.12 although I'm not too sure as it has been a while.

The server was basically just survival but we only had a limited area of a few chunks where we could go and if we reached certain milestones the owner would increase the playable area (I think this was however done because the server wasn't powerful enough to allow free roaming as it can require quite some power and I personally disliked how little there was to do because of that)
Other than that we just built our own houses, made some roads and ended up with a small town. Everyone was pretty nice and helpful to each other.

Nah, if I remember right, it's because we wanted players to build near each other. A problem with some of the older Graalians servers is that people would hop on, spread way out, and everyone would be miles apart. It didn't feel like a "community server", especially when you could walk around for hours and not find anyone else. I guess the border did feel restrictive, but I'm not sure how you'd go about incentivizing people to actually build near each other and not have the problem of everyone spreading out again.

Would be all for another server again sometime, if somehow we could ever get that working again. It's just that people always seem to lose interest in the server after a week, and then leave. Been a huge problem ever since like 1.5.

Eugeen 02-21-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Seth Reed (Post 824378)
Nah, if I remember right, it's because we wanted players to build near each other. A problem with some of the older Graalians servers is that people would hop on, spread way out, and everyone would be miles apart. It didn't feel like a "community server", especially when you could walk around for hours and not find anyone else. I guess the border did feel restrictive, but I'm not sure how you'd go about incentivizing people to actually build near each other and not have the problem of everyone spreading out again.

Would be all for another server again sometime, if somehow we could ever get that working again. It's just that people always seem to lose interest in the server after a week, and then leave. Been a huge problem ever since like 1.5.

Just tell people to build their houses near eachother and allow people to have some teleportation command to easily get back to the spawn, it's all that's really needed if you're not allowing random people on the server anyways.
Being limited to a specific area gets boring really fast, not enough to do that's worthwhile and you barely encounter anything new as everything you have access to you've basically already done or seen.

Shmegg 02-22-2019 03:45 AM

i remember having houses in multiple towns (which were accessible by warps) in one of the earlier graalians mc servers, like pimpsy's giant cobblestone platform or my own town on some giant mountain with reyals

Dino 05-01-2019 03:20 AM

sorry for the bump but if anyone has the map download for the serve MattKan had lmk I put some serious time into my builds and I want to see them again haha.