Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vpners in Spar (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40972)

MikvaGraal 10-17-2018 08:44 AM

Whats up with all these Vpners in spar, used to never be this bad. Did you guys fire all the Admins who actually knew how to differentiate between Legit sparers and sparers who switch countries to gain an advantage in spar. I spar like 5 hours a week tops and I’ve seen one in every room I’ve entered. It’s kinda annoying seeing someone switch from flag to flag because they can’t beat you. Just wondering if admins plan on doing anything about this or if this isn’t even an issue to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusix 10-17-2018 09:03 AM

What a lot of people don't understand or fail to, Is that it isn't so black and white. Unless there is undeniable proof they VPN you can't just ban them. Because you can actually, to many people's amazement lag and it not be your fault of intentional. There is still places everywhere worldwide (Yes even in the USA) where you can't get wired internet, So you're forced to use Satellite which can be equal to or more than 10x slower(So your 60 MS can become 600 MS) or places like me where ISP's can't route internet to you quickly without interference or it is delivered slower causing a delay. Or the person could just literally have bad internet in general. Should these people really be punished over something they can't control? That's like blaming someone for what race they are. So it's almost impossible unless you monitor that player 24/7 like a hawk to "differentiate legit sparrers" to VPNers.

It isn't that admins CAN'T ban them, It's that when it comes to VPN, It's a gray area with no black and white solution. If you ban one person for sparring because they have lag, Who's to say that they wasn't lagging on purpose? I'm not saying VPN is ok or anything, But it you want them banned or something you should work with an admin about it, Contact and PM one in game and talk to them about the player, Don't use screenshots as they are not considered valid proof.

Saeed 10-17-2018 09:26 AM

That’s one of the reasons why single spar died because of how many vpners and speed hackers we have in this community. But I will be honest most of the delays don’t actually VPN.
It’s unfortunate but at the same time understandable that not all admins have the power to find out wither someone is using a VPN or not. But dming someone like Jarace will definitely solve the problem wither he personally has the power to find out if they VPN or can contact the people who does it. I used to PM Dual he is pretty helpful too, he can pass the information to someone else for you.

Jarace 10-17-2018 10:13 AM

As Saeed has said, you can report them to me (or report them to another staff). We don't allow VPN use in sparring. I'll try to take a look at the people you mentioned, though I removed them as we don't allow targeting users on the forums.

Comyt 10-17-2018 04:56 PM

@rusix there are around 4-5 active sparrers rn with USA flags and over 3 seconds of delay which is literally impossible unless you’re using a VPN. no other USA sparrer even has half a second of delay. it is becoming a real problem when the idevice streak record is owned by one of them and another one of them is hovering around top 5 on the (useless) leaderboard. i think the monster energy cx guild should be investigated, possibly telling their members how to use a vpn since like 4 of them are in there.

Rusix 10-17-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Comyt (Post 819780)
@rusix there are around 4-5 active sparrers rn with USA flags and over 3 seconds of delay which is literally impossible unless you’re using a VPN. no other USA sparrer even has half a second of delay. it is becoming a real problem when the idevice streak record is owned by one of them and another one of them is hovering around top 5 on the (useless) leaderboard. i think the monster energy cx guild should be investigated, possibly telling their members how to use a vpn since like 4 of them are in there.

It isn't "literally impossible" , I assume you never traveled to rural areas? These areas (Typically not always) can only get Satellite internet, Which as I said before can usually be 10x slower or more (Like my example above) also as I said before the person may not be able to afford the best internet or they could live in an area where internet isnt routed to them quickly without delay. Saying it is "Literally impossible" to have delay over 3 seconds in the regardless of the country even if it is USA must mean you never take these into consideration ( You definitely could hit over 3 seconds with satellite).

Also it isn't like people should want to use VPN to begin with, it just makes it harder on yourself since it cuts your ability to spar majorly if not entirely in many areas like blinking,Offense,Combo,Ect

Saeed 10-17-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 819787)
Also it isn't like people should want to use VPN to begin with, it just makes it harder on yourself since it cuts your ability to spar majorly if not entirely in many areas like blinking,Offense,Combo,Ect

Offense is very possible with delay so is combo. Although blinking is harder but the same applies for the delayer opponent. I wouldn't say delay is an advantage but neither a disadvantage really. That's because although people with low ping gets to hit first in the server, they don't have as much experience on how to fight with the player's delay as he does. Two little advantages for each side really.

What you described Rusix can cause lag and very rare to cause delay depending on the situation. It could give higher ping but not more than 250 MS for an American player..

Rusix 10-17-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 819788)
Offense is very possible with delay so is combo. Although blinking is harder but the same applies for the delayer opponent. I wouldn't say delay is an advantage but neither a disadvantage really. That's because although people with low ping gets to hit first in the server, they don't have as much experience on how to fight with the player's delay as he does. Two little advantages for each side really.

What you described Rusix can cause lag and very rare to cause delay depending on the situation. It could give higher ping but not more than 250 MS for an American player..

I do agree that it isn't a benefit, tho offense is possible, that depends on how much you seem to delay, A small delay it could work. But if you delay majorly you could risk just taking more damage than you actually do. And the things I said could give way more than a 250 ping easily, as I said satellite is 10x slower, unless you had a 25 ping to start(I would kill to have your internet) as this said below, Considering most people seem to have a ping of 50-80, That means those people could have a 500-800 ping. This isnt rare either, infact you can find places that can only get satellite all across the USA in almost any rural area. The average ping for satellite internet users is like 600 something, I'll link this info below

"According to the FCC satellite internet has the highest latency across all technology types, with an average of 628ms across all providers. This is almost 10 times slower than typical wired connections."source= https://broadbandnow.com/Satellite

Fulgore 10-18-2018 01:49 AM

Quote:

Posted by Comyt (Post 819780)

that same guild has people who are known to speedhack as well

Aguzo 10-18-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 819791)
This isnt rare either, infact you can find places that can only get satellite all across the USA in almost any rural area. The average ping for satellite internet users is like 600 something, I'll link this info below

it seems the issue is about people vpning, and drastic latency changes when they lose. It's very doubtful that living in a rural area would cause someone to change flags, or even have random delay/lag increases when they are losing. Sad truth is that you don't even need a vpn to force delay. No idea how to vpn, but I've tested programs, where you can control your latency.

Staff most likely know about these things already, but nothing can ever actually be done (besides those that change flags/IPs constantly). No one can fully prove what the actual cause is for someone else's increased latency. The whole situation is kinda bogus, since there are a lot more cheaters now, the wrong people can be accused very easily.

MikvaGraal 10-18-2018 03:04 AM

Don’t even know why Rusix is commenting on this thread when he has the delay of someone from Australia with a US flag, can’t take someone who force delays seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eul 10-18-2018 03:29 AM

if(ms > 300) dont let them spar;
else go ahead spar as you want;

isn't that ez to code

DoubleliftGraal 10-18-2018 03:30 AM

I hear that if someone logs on graal, their IP is recorded and any computer guy can read if the IP is a VPN network or a legitimate one. Again, dont take my word for it but if thats true, then spotting VPNers should be ez.

Btw, this game runs on 0 funds. Admins wouldn't give a damn to do simple tasks.

Thallen 10-18-2018 03:31 AM

there's no salvaging it, they've let **** go way too long and now it's just the norm

one of the biggest issues is probably that there hasn't been any top sparrer in a long time that's outspoken and tells them what they're doing isn't acceptable
despite whatever anyone might think about Sarah, she was pretty persistent and good at that

Comyt 10-18-2018 03:39 AM

saw the guy with the current mobile streak record (also #3 today) with a british flag 3 hours ago, now has a USA flag, this is at least a 6 hour flight. either this dude owns a private jet or he should be banned and have his streak record stripped from the books.