Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creative Corner (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ZedFox's Music (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40109)

ZedFox 01-01-2018 10:44 PM

ZedFox's Music

Hey there, I'm ZedFox! You may know me from GraalOnline Classic. I'm an aspiring musician and I'd like to share some of my music. Tell me what you think!
Here is my Soundcloud.

Ethacon 01-03-2018 04:10 AM

I listened to a few of your songs and they actually seem pretty good. A little retro music here and there in modern days is still good.

Ximithie 01-03-2018 05:40 AM

I like ivky 2 and slackys vibes

ZedFox 01-03-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ethacon (Post 805723)
I listened to a few of your songs and they actually seem pretty good. A little retro music here and there in modern days is still good.

Thank you, I've been making music for almost 2 years!

Ethacon 01-04-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by ZedFox (Post 805730)
Thank you, I've been making music for almost 2 years!

That's cool. I never knew you did haha.

Weeno 01-04-2018 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dude this song im listening to is so awesome man great work

ZedFox 01-05-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 805947)
Dude this song im listening to is so awesome man great work

Rude.

HamStarr 01-05-2018 08:49 PM

ah, another experimental artist to add on my liked tracks list
neato neato

McCullough 01-05-2018 09:37 PM

Very nice, Zedfox. Interesting style. Your music is stable and balanced enough to where I was able to listen through the entire thing without feeling like something was out of place, which is excellent. Transitions were very smooth and fluid, some nice clashing chords, nice retro feel, etc.

My only nitpicks would be the percussion part throughout and piano part at the end.

I'm not a big fan of drum kits that sound stale and computerized like that in this style of music. It gets to a point to where the beat becomes too distracting since there's only one dynamic and one style of articulation throughout. That takes away some of the juiciness of the song.

If you're to use a real-sounding kit, try and match what a real drummer would sound like and make the volumes of each note slightly different. Articulating certain notes makes everything more juicy in music. In this song every drum note is exactly the same, and that stood out.

As for the piano at the end, I simply don't think it was a good instrument to end with. It was really stale with it being one dynamic throughout. I think something more synthy would have been more appropriate and better-sounding; this piano was too computerized and fake-sounding that it stood out too much for me. Overall, I thought it was very nice. You could have articulated the drum beat a little bit more and could have chosen a better instrument for the outro. Thanks for sharing. Also, what are you using to make music?

ZedFox 01-06-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 806120)
My only nitpicks would be the percussion part throughout and piano part at the end.

I'm not a big fan of drum kits that sound stale and computerized like that in this style of music. It gets to a point to where the beat becomes too distracting since there's only one dynamic and one style of articulation throughout. That takes away some of the juiciness of the song.

If you're to use a real-sounding kit, try and match what a real drummer would sound like and make the volumes of each note slightly different. Articulating certain notes makes everything more juicy in music. In this song every drum note is exactly the same, and that stood out.

Are you basing my entire musical ability on one song, and if so, which one? I sincerely hope you don't mean one of my old songs, because I am almost fully self taught (I never even watched video tutorials on how to use my programs) and I have improved a lot.

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 806120)
As for the piano at the end, I simply don't think it was a good instrument to end with. It was really stale with it being one dynamic throughout. I think something more synthy would have been more appropriate and better-sounding; this piano was too computerized and fake-sounding that it stood out too much for me. Overall, I thought it was very nice. You could have articulated the drum beat a little bit more and could have chosen a better instrument for the outro. Thanks for sharing. Also, what are you using to make music?

None of my recent songs have any piano in them as far as I am aware. It probably sounds "computerized" because it was made in a program based off another program released in 1997, FastTracker II.

McCullough 01-08-2018 02:35 AM

Quote:

Posted by ZedFox (Post 806175)
Are you basing my entire musical ability on one song, and if so, which one? I sincerely hope you don't mean one of my old songs, because I am almost fully self taught (I never even watched video tutorials on how to use my programs) and I have improved a lot.

None of my recent songs have any piano in them as far as I am aware. It probably sounds "computerized" because it was made in a program based off another program released in 1997, FastTracker II.

When I clicked the link to your sound cloud it brought me to the first song, which was the one titled Solved. I must have accidentally picked that song right away when the page loaded and I thought that was your only song. Solved is the song I'm talking about, not your entire channel.

In your song Commencing, I quickly became annoyed with the drum beat since it's one dynamic and also a bit too loud. It covers the rest of the song a little bit and transitions are difficult to hear. I started bobbing my head to the beat at around 1:06 or so since the melody was heard over the drums.

Butterfly Catcher starts off nice but the drums are stale until the melody backs it up. This song gives me a nice 80s arcade nostalgia feel though, so this honestly doesn't bother me. Bobbing my head, so thumbs up.

A place of Interest was fine, good song to chill whilst listening to. Inky 2 was was fine, too.

After listening to Bunnytrip, I conclude that a lot of your songs sound the same since you use the same instruments for a lot of your songs. Not necessarily a bad thing but sometimes it's just tedious and I get bored. I almost ask myself, "Didn't I just listen to this?" since they all have similar tempos, as well as similar transitions.

I don't like Island. Sounds like every other song.

Foxes with Guns was nice. Seemed tedious and still felt like I was listening to one of your other songs.

Pandas has a nice intro. Still feels like another one of your songs.

Don't Gve Up was hard for me to listen to. Lots of problems and it makes it hard for me to listen to it.

Anyway, lots of music. Will go over the rest later..

ZedFox 01-08-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 806334)
When I clicked the link to your sound cloud it brought me to the first song, which was the one titled Solved. I must have accidentally picked that song right away when the page loaded and I thought that was your only song. Solved is the song I'm talking about, not your entire channel.

In your song Commencing, I quickly became annoyed with the drum beat since it's one dynamic and also a bit too loud. It covers the rest of the song a little bit and transitions are difficult to hear. I started bobbing my head to the beat at around 1:06 or so since the melody was heard over the drums.

Butterfly Catcher starts off nice but the drums are stale until the melody backs it up. This song gives me a nice 80s arcade nostalgia feel though, so this honestly doesn't bother me. Bobbing my head, so thumbs up.

A place of Interest was fine, good song to chill whilst listening to. Inky 2 was was fine, too.

After listening to Bunnytrip, I conclude that a lot of your songs sound the same since you use the same instruments for a lot of your songs. Not necessarily a bad thing but sometimes it's just tedious and I get bored. I almost ask myself, "Didn't I just listen to this?" since they all have similar tempos, as well as similar transitions.

I don't like Island. Sounds like every other song.

Foxes with Guns was nice. Seemed tedious and still felt like I was listening to one of your other songs.

Pandas has a nice intro. Still feels like another one of your songs.

Don't Gve Up was hard for me to listen to. Lots of problems and it makes it hard for me to listen to it.

Anyway, lots of music. Will go over the rest later..

oh, ok. it sounds like my music is not your type

Ark 01-09-2018 04:30 AM

I've listened to a few and they were all pretty nice, love them

ZedFox 01-09-2018 05:09 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ark (Post 806462)
I've listened to a few and they were all pretty nice, love them

Thank you <3

RyanB 01-17-2018 09:39 PM

sOuNd CLoUd RApPeR