Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reset email (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40966)

SomeGuy 10-15-2018 04:07 PM

Reset email

I've asked this before, and I'll ask this again, because it is an issue which desperately needs to be addressed. The current system of logging in is very outdated, and certainly not secure. The email my classic account is linked with is now completely inaccessible. I cannot reset the password on it because the account is broken.
Please, for the love of god add a new way to login, or allow us to change the email linked with the account, as I fear that within the next year or two the only device which the account is on will have broken aswell.

P.S If anyone knows a way I can change the email then please tell me ASAP.

Jarace 10-15-2018 04:50 PM

Most email providers offer some method of recovering accounts when you don't know the password. It might be wise to try that first if yours does.

To answer your question, however: you can request an email change by emailing [email protected]. Explain the situation and do your best to prove ownership of the account.

Rusix 10-15-2018 09:07 PM

I know what you mean, The system we have now is very outdated and is extremely unreliable since emails break and become unusable over time. As Jarace said many email providers do offer ways to recover an email, But it's EXTREMELY difficult to do. even if you answer the security questions correctly and so on, it isn't guaranteed. Our entire highschool was given Ipads when we hit 9th grade, But when i was a Sophomore we had a large issue where like 50% of everyones email didnt work, and when the guidance office had the CTA fix it, Despite answering every security question right and every thing else ( It was all written on paper) Apple would not recover ANY of the lost emails. It's difficult for good reason many peoples bank accounts, Accounts for social media and basically everything is linked to the email. Which makes it extremely difficult to recover, Even if you are the rightful owner.

The only thing you have a chance of doing is doing what Jarace said and go to toonslab, But i think everyone is aware at this point Toonslab will not respond to about anything at all. Honestly i feel bad for you given that you don't have a lot of options to play with. I only wish that you had the option to change your email like most modern applications..

SomeGuy 10-15-2018 09:19 PM

Yeah, the email I registered with is an aol email from about 8 years ago. I dont think aol will do much seeing as though its a very outdated account. The only hope is through toonslab, which is unlikely.

Jarace 10-15-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 819652)
Toonslab

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 819653)
The only hope is through toonslab

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 819648)
To answer your question, however: you can request an email change by emailing [email protected]. Explain the situation and do your best to prove ownership of the account.

support.toonslab.com doesn't handle email changes. Make sure you email the email address [email protected] about it.

SomeGuy 10-16-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 819654)
support.toonslab.com doesn't handle email changes. Make sure you email the email address [email protected] about it.

Do you know how long it usually takes support to reply?

Jarace 10-16-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 819690)
Do you know how long it usually takes support to reply?

I don't have a time period or some sort of reference since I've never had to do it, sorry.

4-Lom 10-29-2018 03:52 AM

I've never received an actual response. Multiple tickets over the years. Some issues silently resolve themselves. Others do not.

They don't respond directly very often at all, though.

Sir Travis 10-29-2018 01:41 PM

I remember jumping through lots of hoops for steam once for basically the same thing

Do not expect it to be fast or easy, they’ll wanna know crazy things.... like how many PBJs you ate, where you ate them and why and where

SomeGuy 10-29-2018 03:33 PM

Okay, well i've pretty much lost my graal account now. Support doesnt reply anymore, and i highly doubt aol will help me as I dont have any proof the email is actually mine. Security question i put the wrong answer in when I created the account - dont ask me why.