Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Skybases/General Map Suggestions (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33812)

Skt A. Sangue 01-24-2016 03:22 PM

Skybases/General Map Suggestions

Ive said everything I have to say about skybases... JK.

People probably get annoyed at how many times I bring this up but Zone does need more skybases. It's what set us apart from the other servers. Smaller bases that were easy for anybody and didn't necessarily make the squads OP because of the time given.

You guys are definitely improving the server. Guns are being dealt with. Melees are being dealt with. The bases people want were added back. Even the staff overall has become less boring... (Except for Gerald who never talks when he bases or PKs... Like how does one not laugh at my jokes? More importantly, how do people not talk while basing?! Boring AF)

But let's fix Zone for real now.

We don't need Spring and Iricia to give minute/minute and let people afk camp them with numbers.

We don't need gun noobs who can't spam ore than 100 damage a minute afking at gem.

What we need are bases that incorporate guns and melees.

(aka Aries and Aqua. GJ.)

We need more of those.

As a well known melee user it really bothers me how overlooked they are.

You can't take a base without one and so many people just brush their melee skills off.

I can literally 1v3 skybase with tons of pkers as well and hold it for at least 5 minutes because of how bad people are...

Honestly without the PKers and me dying I could hold it for hours.

It really is a big disservice that there's only one skybase and people can't even really learn how to sabrespam anymore because of all the pkers.

"Skybase caused boosting"

No. Lmao. No.

This current skybase is just bombed with pkers. I have nothing against them. But those times when they make you lose the base to people who you know could 1v2...thats smh. We have PK Arenas. Use them.

But PK Arenas suck.

So fix those to make them fun again.

But TO THE POINT

Skybases taught people skills.

Skybases also made you pressured. I don't think enough people know the feel of having multiple skybases. When one is attacked you rush to it. Then another gets attacked. Then another. Really. It's insane. But that was fun. I don't like sitting around... I used to get like 600 kills a day just from going back and forth. That was fun.

Or when it was silent so you have that chance to fish(a dying job btw...) or use the in game forums(honestly when people asked why I used the forums so much... Because people didn't attack the skybases).

Or on the other hand, when there were tons of people and you could only hold one. And barely hold one. That saber spam... Wow. That's how I became good at lyf.

And I didn't mind the pkers. They killed us. Well... There was never that many of them... Back then the map was just good.

The four skybase map was good because it made people actually walk(or jetpack). Honestly that map was so much easier to know because of how it actually made you travel.

Who cares if you had to travel from shop to shop? You got trash. You got kills. IT WAS SO MUCH FUNNER TO KILL BACK THEN. I used to really like streaking. You can find people ANYWHERE on the map. It was smaller and there was a purpose to travel out areas. Now you seldom see people on the outskirts because THERE'S NOTHING THERE. Now pkers just go near SB and next to fishing/trash.

The old map also made bikes easier to use... Honestly now they are so rip because of the little moving sliders thing.

And I've said this already before like 1 billion times but NO SHOP WOULD EVER OPEN NEXT TO ANOTHER THAT SELLS BASICALLY THE SAME THINGS... Bad business. I actually can't with the logic of "ease"...lmao was anyone actually complaining of how hard it was to get places? Because honestly even with exports b4 it was so easy to get places because of the smaller map without useless spots(like that park... What is it supposed to accomplish?)

Plus in general having more bases work.

Just make the really easy ones less minutes.

40 second skybases worked. It balanced out really nice and they weren't just noob bases. People like Sangue(#RevivingSoonGunna24/7SBPmForTag #EZAd) and Bodoms squad and like Subs squad were good at them... And you know what? It was fair.

Unlike Gem where good gunners could rek and hold or aries where it takes one good defense post-sb was hard to hold even from the noobs. It was honestly a battle of who wanted it more and who was willing to tap fast enough to break their display. Unlike Spring where certain "pros" control it, sb was fair for new squads and players. Like I remember when people used dual blades at sb and could take it because of good strategies.

Ive probably missed out on a bunch of things. Either way I know people miss the old map, and skybases. I'm curious as to what the people on Graalians that don't necessarily play zone have to think. Like fr that map change wasn't just bad. It was unexpected like hell. Straight up, worst decision any server has ever made.

TL;DR? Ehh. You lazy.

Wolfie 01-24-2016 11:24 PM

I agree with you tbh. Some parts of the map in the 2014 map are so ugly and empty, (e.g that entire area next to the beach) but instead of adding purpose to those areas, they downgraded the maps instead. I remember when me, and Cyrox (was it Cyrox? idk maybe Cyrix? then he changed to something like Ywr) used jetpacks and flew in Skybase and rekt all 4 bases via sabre. Not sure about now, because I haven't played it much, but it was fun back then. I personally don't mind the new map, but at least add the SB back because those were fun lol. Maybe add an alternate g-map or something. I played Zone during 2013-2015 and ya, while the design for 2014 map was trash and Era-ish, I like it just because of SB. Never used the bikes much because I had broom and jetpacks so that doesn't really bother me.

Platinum 01-25-2016 07:43 AM

I'd really, really like to see themed planets. I mean, there's already the Iricia tileset and Aquarius base, and a bunch of white/blue/grey/etc. hats and weaponry that could be moved into an ice/winter themed shop. There's the Choros tileset with Aries, and the staff team could easily bring back the nature shop and plonk it onto the new forest/nature/etc themed planet. Did I mention there's also the lava planet (obviously fire) and the conquest tileset (which screams post-apocalyptic earth to me).

I agree that PK Arena needs to be improved in some way. It's terribly annoying when a PKer storms into a base and distracts from the actual attackers.

Skyzer 01-25-2016 11:19 AM

How many people play this server?

Gitaz 01-25-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by Skyzer (Post 664735)
How many people play this server?

Around 300-400 people are on at most of the time, leading to believe and make the assumption that around 1,000 people log on daily. (I could be wrong)

Quote:

Posted by Wolfie (Post 664574)
I agree with you tbh. Some parts of the map in the 2014 map are so ugly and empty, (e.g that entire area next to the beach) but instead of adding purpose to those areas, they downgraded the maps instead. I remember when me, and Cyrox (was it Cyrox? idk maybe Cyrix? then he changed to something like Ywr) used jetpacks and flew in Skybase and rekt all 4 bases via sabre. Not sure about now, because I haven't played it much, but it was fun back then. I personally don't mind the new map, but at least add the SB back because those were fun lol. Maybe add an alternate g-map or something. I played Zone during 2013-2015 and ya, while the design for 2014 map was trash and Era-ish, I like it just because of SB. Never used the bikes much because I had broom and jetpacks so that doesn't really bother me.

Yeah... the map could certainly do with a revamp, but it doesn't seem like the staff are prioritising that the at the moment, however I don't know...I heard something about Unix hiring professional artists to re-create all the tiles and tile set.

Alexmo 01-25-2016 08:37 PM

Eh the old map was nice. But making the new map more spread out would be nice the only place people are at now is trade tables, start and bases. Why not give a reason for people to go around the map like on the old map going around for trash was good now you lower the spawn rate and nerf it and the only place you can you get lots of trash is at th front of Aires. Next is to make our current planets have a purpose a reason for people to go there. I remember the first time I realized I could go to other planets I was so excited. Giving those planets new life and add new planets with entirely different concepts. Next it would be nice to remodel spar and add mech spar or just remove the sign it's weird.

PigParty 01-25-2016 09:09 PM

No point in making a new map until the new tileset is made. Many of the issues like the map, basing, etc... cannot be fixed until we get the new tileset completed. That said, plans are being made for improving all of this stuff.

Weeno 01-26-2016 12:03 AM

The fun in graal is ruined because of jet packs. You want to go somewhere and all you do is take out your jet pack and fly there then come back to start. Nothing seems fun anymore. So my idea is to get rid of them from the trade tables and add batteries. Or gas whatever. Each battery would last maybe 25 minutes from actually using it so it'll last a while. One usage steadily is decreasing the jet pack starts to get slower. And once it runs out you need to go back to the jet pack shop and buy new batteries.

Wolfie 01-26-2016 12:04 AM

lol jetpack was like that in the beginning. We needed batteries but Tash decided to remove that

Skyzer 01-26-2016 01:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by Gitaz (Post 664816)
Around 300-400 people are on at most of the time, leading to believe and make the assumption that around 1,000 people log on daily. (I could be wrong)

If that's the case, then I don't understand why they changed the entire server.

The gameplay on Zone was team based. Two huge teams capturing bases and killing each other. Was so epic. With that many people it would be even better. There were a bunch of different game modes: capture the flag, deathmatch, sparring, gravity, Lightside v Darkside, capture the bases, king of the hill.

The server was not bad at all and the only thing that killed it was the stupid restrictions put on trials. Imagine how great it would be if people didn't know they were getting ripped-off?

Weeno 01-26-2016 02:25 AM

We also need this thing that you can kill a player even if he/she goes into a building but thats only for five seconds.

PigParty 01-26-2016 12:53 PM

We need to make the entire sky base a NON-PK area and move PK to basing, CTF, and PK arenas.

Skt A. Sangue 01-26-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by Gitaz (Post 664816)

Yeah... the map could certainly do with a revamp, but it doesn't seem like the staff are prioritising that the at the moment, however I don't know...I heard something about Unix hiring professional artists to re-create all the tiles and tile set.

I think I saw somebody say that our current daily player count is like 1.6k somewhere.

Seems legit because Graal in general has a huge atmosphere at night, the morning, and late day.

Quote:

Posted by Alexmo (Post 664901)
Eh the old map was nice. But making the new map more spread out would be nice the only place people are at now is trade tables, start and bases. Why not give a reason for people to go around the map like on the old map going around for trash was good now you lower the spawn rate and nerf it and the only place you can you get lots of trash is at th front of Aires. Next is to make our current planets have a purpose a reason for people to go there. I remember the first time I realized I could go to other planets I was so excited. Giving those planets new life and add new planets with entirely different concepts. Next it would be nice to remodel spar and add mech spar or just remove the sign it's weird.

Completely forgot about mech spar...

"you can ride mechs around the map"- Tash 2k15.

Rip the dream. They were working on that for so long...

Plus lava planet is the biggest lie.

At least have the quest resetable like pyrat

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 664965)
The fun in graal is ruined because of jet packs. You want to go somewhere and all you do is take out your jet pack and fly there then come back to start. Nothing seems fun anymore. So my idea is to get rid of them from the trade tables and add batteries. Or gas whatever. Each battery would last maybe 25 minutes from actually using it so it'll last a while. One usage steadily is decreasing the jet pack starts to get slower. And once it runs out you need to go back to the jet pack shop and buy new batteries.

Jetpack wasn't op. Its still slower than exports... Made exploring fun. A lot of things on zone are pretty ehh. They just need to be limited.
Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 665007)
We also need this thing that you can kill a player even if he/she goes into a building but thats only for five seconds.

Tbh part of me agrees.
Tbh part of me disagrees.

Because sometimes you generally do run away because you don't want to fight... Like rip all the noobs that don't have the means to escape.
Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 665083)
We need to make the entire sky base a NON-PK area and move PK to basing, CTF, and PK arenas.

Na.

Skybase.

It's what made the map unique.

PigParty 01-26-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by Skt A. Sangue (Post 665084)
I think I saw somebody say that our current daily player count is like 1.6k somewhere.

Seems legit because Graal in general has a huge atmosphere at night, the morning, and late day.

Completely forgot about mech spar...

"you can ride mechs around the map"- Tash 2k15.

Rip the dream. They were working on that for so long...

Plus lava planet is the biggest lie.

At least have the quest resetable like pyrat

Jetpack wasn't op. Its still slower than exports... Made exploring fun. A lot of things on zone are pretty ehh. They just need to be limited.

Tbh part of me agrees.
Tbh part of me disagrees.

Because sometimes you generally do run away because you don't want to fight... Like rip all the noobs that don't have the means to escape.

Na.

Skybase.

It's what made the map unique.

I'm not deleting all your earlier comments to make it look like I'm quoting just what you said to me. Skybase sucks. It's even a bad base for classic, and we have guns that shoot long rage, so it's that much worse. Maybe as a melee-only base, but even then, it's too small for any strategy and still sucks.

Skt A. Sangue 01-26-2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 665173)
I'm not deleting all your earlier comments to make it look like I'm quoting just what you said to me. Skybase sucks. It's even a bad base for classic, and we have guns that shoot long rage, so it's that much worse. Maybe as a melee-only base, but even then, it's too small for any strategy and still sucks.

No strategy he says.

2v1 me m8.

No.

25v3 me taco and kane.

You call it randomly tapping.

I call it reloading while I'm dead and spamming, while dodging all the hits.