Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Graal Online for PC (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40317)

Kamaeru 04-14-2018 12:57 AM

Graal Online for PC

Did you know there is a better version of Graal online which you can play using button controls instead of touch screen controls? It's called Graal Online and it has been available for PC since 1998. I am working on an Under Construction server there myself called Bomy Island which was formerly called Graal2001 and was the second official main Graal server that was created after "Main" which is now a locked server on PC Graal known as Classic.

A few things some of you aren't aware of:

Quote:

>"Classic" graal on iphone/facebook is not the real Classic, it's a cloned server

>The mainfile hats were created by Graal2001 players specifically for Graal2001 (this is why many say that in the file and some are geared toward the kingdoms of 2k1)

>The concept of events were made for Graal2001 and we still have all the original events. A few of them (like CTF) will look familiar to you because they were stolen and used on iClassic

>The actual original Classic server was online (or perhaps still is) until a few months ago when Graal higher-ups decided to ban the manager and hush any information about it (this thread will be locked or deleted also)

>The manager of that server is a much better Graal developer than anyone else on Graal and the work he had done was mindblowingly good including full playable dungeons on a Zelda-tier quality level

>The feud between the two servers is because of this divergence in quality levels of content, with the PC version being vastly superior

>Graal2001 was the first server to introduce NPC-server and serverside code
Go here and download the client: https://www.graalonline.com/playerworlds/downloads/
I would like to specify that I am NOT referring to the facebook client, but to the actual Graal Online game that I have played since 1999.

You will be surprised to find out that although this information is benign and actually directs players to download the Graal client, that this thread will be shut down as soon as mods find it. They don't actually want you to find out that there is a better, more premium version of Graal available. You should resist this, though, because Graal is a player-made game. This is our game, it belongs to us, the people who made it. We hold the power and we are the gatekeepers to Graal's money and dev situation. Without us, this game would not exist.

For this reason I urge anyone here to consider switching from the iphone version of Graal to the PC version of Graal to show them that what we really want is a premium experience. I think if interest goes up there is nothing stopping us from taking Graal to Steam.

Nglyeh 04-14-2018 01:10 AM

People will play Graal on whatever device they want to, though I prefer pc over mobile

Kamaeru 04-14-2018 01:13 AM

Quote:

Posted by Nglyeh (Post 809521)
People will play Graal on whatever device they want to, though I prefer pc over mobile

I noticed people were referring to facebook as "the PC version" in another thread. This should help clear up confusion for them. Also just watch, this thread will be either locked or deleted if not further actions taken.

Nglyeh 04-14-2018 01:23 AM

I don't use Facebook I just use Graalonlines website
I bet this will be deleted within 24 hours

Sawyer 04-14-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Nglyeh (Post 809525)
I don't use Facebook I just use Graalonlines website
I bet this will be deleted within 24 hours

that's what he meant by Facebook the classic.graalonline page is the same

Nglyeh 04-14-2018 01:38 AM

Hm I wouldn't know it's been awhile since I last played it on facebook my bad

Gary 04-14-2018 03:27 PM

+Rep, an actual thread about pushing players to PC that might actually be useful. Just a tip though, most people on here will feel like they are being attacked to play the game, even though it's just facts you are listing. Maybe list some good as well for iClassic, but then contradict it with more facts.

Saeed 04-14-2018 04:56 PM

I’m pretty sure everyone knows about graal online. I don’t see any difference between playing graal on FB or on graal online website? It’s a bit less laggy on graal online tho. In addition, Graal client is probably the worst client on the Internet. It really needs to be updated.
Also, what makes you think this thread is going to get deleted? It’s not like you’re revealing a scret.

Kamaeru 04-14-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 809546)
It’s not like you’re revealing a scret.

If you vote for me all your wildest screts will come to reality

Kana 04-15-2018 03:33 AM

As much as I love the original PC Graal, I don't want to pay for a subscription.

Kamaeru 04-15-2018 04:16 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kana (Post 809593)
As much as I love the original PC Graal, I don't want to pay for a subscription.

It's free.

Kana 04-15-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kamaeru (Post 809595)
It's free.

In order to fully enjoy Graal, you should purchase a subscription. Please refer to our Subscription Policy for details about payment methods and related subjects.

I know that it's free, but you're very limited with a free account.

Crono 04-15-2018 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 25460

so exciting

Quote:

Did you know there is a better version of Graal online which you can play using button controls instead of touch screen controls? It's called Graal Online and it has been available for PC since 1998.
It's called iClassic on web browser.

Vendetta 04-15-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kana (Post 809601)

In order to fully enjoy Graal, you should purchase a subscription. Please refer to our Subscription Policy for details about payment methods and related subjects.

I know that it's free, but you're very limited with a free account.

Trial restrictions were removed so that's no longer true. Other than having a trial bar at the top of the screen there's no difference between free and paid accounts.

Perseus 04-15-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 809605)
Trial restrictions were removed so that's no longer true. Other than having a trial bar at the top of the screen there's no difference between free and paid accounts.

Yes, but I see that "TRIAL MODE" banner and immediately feel inferior.