Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Supreme Being Paradox (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39798)

Frapp 10-15-2017 09:47 PM

Supreme Being Paradox

“Can god create a rock that he can’t lift?”

A simple question but without an answer.

This question challenges the existence of God. How?

Well, if God can indeed do everything then surely he must be able to create a rock that he cannot lift. If he can create a rock he can’t lift then he can’t do everything (because he wouldn’t be able to lift the rock) and then the idea of a superior being is shattered.

What are your thoughts on this, or do you have a potential solution to this paradox?

Pokki 10-15-2017 10:35 PM

are you ok

SouthernZombie* 10-15-2017 11:02 PM

O.o

Shurikan 10-15-2017 11:47 PM

Why make rocks when you can create humans and force them to worship you?

Eugeen 10-15-2017 11:51 PM

God doesn't exist anyways.
There's no need to disprove anything when the existence of a god can't be proven in the first place

5hift 10-16-2017 12:08 AM

Can't God just use his God powers to magically make it lift-able or something?

Sir 10-16-2017 06:24 AM

https://i.imgur.com/ULKWzre.jpg?fb

Elk 10-16-2017 12:55 PM

this proves that god can fulfill every condition

he can do everything and nothing at the same time

The Doctor 10-16-2017 01:30 PM

Nice try, atheists, but it’s already been well-established that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is God. Riddle solved.

PigParty 10-17-2017 02:00 AM

There's many religions that don't believe in a christian idea of a god but do believe in a metaphysical being whether it be the universe or a god-like figure so they wouldn't apply to this paradox.

Quote:

Posted by Eugeen (Post 798360)
God doesn't exist anyways.
There's no need to disprove anything when the existence of a god can't be proven in the first place

that's a great outlook on life. Can't prove it? Doesn't exist! That actually goes against what science believes, just so you know. Funny that you ironically say definitively that God doesn't exist but then say proof is required to make a statement on something's existence.

Quote:

Posted by Elk (Post 798393)
this proves that god can fulfill every condition

he can do everything and nothing at the same time

true
great post.

Eugeen 10-17-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 798457)
that's a great outlook on life. Can't prove it? Doesn't exist! That actually goes against what science believes, just so you know. Funny that you ironically say definitively that God doesn't exist but then say proof is required to make a statement on something's existence.

What a surprise to see PigParty come in and act like a special snowflake because he gets triggered when people talk down about a religion lol

https://i.imgur.com/2oFM0lW.png

Goodluck observing God and experimenting with it.

Also I say proof is required to know of somethings existence because that's a fact.
Sure you can make theories but those are just ideas based on information we know thus far and can't be taken as proof or fact as they're just things to temporarily fill in a void about something we don't know yet.
This is not the case for religion though as there's 0 evidence to support the theory that there might be a god or anything like it whatsoever.

If you're really trying to make people believe that a story someone made up so many years ago counts as proof or facts in any way just because people were stupid enough to "believe it" and use it to gain power over everyone else then I feel kind of sorry for you
But hey you can believe whatever you want, just like people can post whatever they want

If you ever find proof or evidence then please share it and enlighten us though lmao

Adrian 10-17-2017 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 24775
Yes

5hift 10-17-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Posted by Eugeen (Post 798473)
What a surprise to see PigParty come in and act like a special snowflake because he gets triggered when people talk down about a religion lol

-Triggered Post-

Lol

PigParty 10-17-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Posted by Eugeen (Post 798473)

https://i.imgur.com/2oFM0lW.png

Snowflake? Coming from the guy that's clearly triggered himself by my argument. I have no problem with people arguing against religion. I just don't like people who think they can say a god doesn't exist simply because they don't know. Thanks for the definition of science, but it doesn't help you. They experiment. They don't make definitive statements on what they do not know, unlike what you did. I simply pointed out that your statement was flawed from the start because of your hypocrisy. You can't say that a god exists, nor can you say that one does not exist - at least, not without being hypocritical anyways. Sorry if you can't have a discussion without getting upset. Don't put your beliefs out there if you're unwilling to have them challenged.

Quote:

Also I say proof is required to know of somethings existence because that's a fact.
Except that's not a fact. Proof is required to say something exists, yes, but lack of proof does not allow you to say that something does not exist. Common sense, and science, will tell you that.

Quote:

This is not the case for religion though as there's 0 evidence to support the theory that there might be a god or anything like it whatsoever.
It's impossible to argue with someone who cherry picks what they deem as evidence. There's plenty of evidence - not empircal - but evidence nonetheless that supports the idea of metaphysical beings. There's books from witnesses to events they describe from many religions. That doesn't prove anything, but it most definitely creates a basis for the not-so-far-fetched idea of there being a metaphysical being greater than humans.

You can't say that there are no living organisms on Earth that aren't known to mankind simply because they aren't yet discovered. Just as you cannot say that there is no god just because you don't have proof. Argue against a religion all you want, but please, be intelligent with your argument, otherwise I can easily argue against your incorrect statement as I just now did. But please, continue to defer to calling me a triggered snowflake when you don't have a good response.

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 798502)
Lol

I thought you were trying to insult me at first and then I read what you quoted lol. I was gonna +rep but gotta spread.

Eugeen 10-18-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 798532)
Snowflake? Coming from the guy that's clearly triggered himself by my argument. I have no problem with people arguing against religion. I just don't like people who think they can say a god doesn't exist simply because they don't know. Thanks for the definition of science, but it doesn't help you. They experiment. They don't make definitive statements on what they do not know, unlike what you did. I simply pointed out that your statement was flawed from the start because of your hypocrisy. You can't say that a god exists, nor can you say that one does not exist - at least, not without being hypocritical anyways. Sorry if you can't have a discussion without getting upset. Don't put your beliefs out there if you're unwilling to have them challenged.

The triggered snowflake comment refers to the fact you always try to defend religion whenever it is brought up anywhere.
The reason I say god doesn't exist is because no proof or evidence that actually points to the existence of a god even though we know so much about existence already.
To me it's kind of the same as believing in santa your whole life even if nothing even points to it's existence whatsoever other than people acting like he's real when you're young.

Quote:

Except that's not a fact. Proof is required to say something exists, yes, but lack of proof does not allow you to say that something does not exist. Common sense, and science, will tell you that.
Sure you're right, I can't claim god doesn't exist 100% but I feel comfortable doing so either way.
Yes, that is considered hypocrisy but I see it as justified due to the other points I've made.

Quote:

It's impossible to argue with someone who cherry picks what they deem as evidence. There's plenty of evidence - not empircal - but evidence nonetheless that supports the idea of metaphysical beings. There's books from witnesses to events they describe from many religions. That doesn't prove anything, but it most definitely creates a basis for the not-so-far-fetched idea of there being a metaphysical being greater than humans.
Yeah like I said, there's no proof.
People thinking they saw something and claiming things without there being any form of actual proof says enough.

Quote:

You can't say that there are no living organisms on Earth that aren't known to mankind simply because they aren't yet discovered. Just as you cannot say that there is no god just because you don't have proof. Argue against a religion all you want, but please, be intelligent with your argument, otherwise I can easily argue against your incorrect statement as I just now did. But please, continue to defer to calling me a triggered snowflake when you don't have a good response.
Actual living creatures are a lot different from believing in a mythical higher being that might have the power to do everything and decided to enlighten or help humans in some way though.
We know there's a high possibility of undiscovered things on our own planet because we have actual theories which are supported by facts.

People can do whatever they want with their lives, I just think it's stupid/stupidity to believe in stuff like this to the point where one is willing to devote their lifes to it and follow certain rules just because some other human made all of this stuff up with anything proper to back it up.
There's tons of things we don't know yet but if you actually think a god that humans made up exists then I feel sorry for those people in that regard

This shall be the end of my "triggered" responses as 5hift calls it :P