Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hotkeys and Mappable Controls (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40560)

XBanished 06-08-2018 04:49 PM

Hotkeys and Mappable Controls

As all of you probably know you can use hotkeys to trigger emotes on PC Graal. (Ctrl + Almost any letter on the keyboard). You should also know that an "Emote shop" was opened in onnet. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to hotkey the emotes that you bought instead of using the defaults? I think so because to be able to use the emotes that you can buy you need to give up one of your item hotkeys. What if this was configurable in settings or even by clicking and holding on the emote in your inventory to bring up a menu like the hard press on a player to open fast options? You could then set that emote to a key on your keyboard instead of the defaults.

On the topic of hotkeys, it's closely related to keyboard mapping, a lot of PC games have the option to map which keys do what on your keyboard. Graal doesn't have this feature but what if it did?

This is just something I wanted to bring up so what are your thoughts?

Master Shredder 06-08-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by XBanished (Post 813272)
As all of you probably know you can use hotkeys to trigger emotes on PC Graal. (Ctrl + Almost any letter on the keyboard). You should also know that an "Emote shop" was opened in onnet. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to hotkey the emotes that you bought instead of using the defaults? I think so because to be able to use the emotes that you can buy you need to give up one of your item hotkeys. What if this was configurable in settings or even by clicking and holding on the emote in your inventory to bring up a menu like the hard press on a player to open fast options? You could then set that emote to a key on your keyboard instead of the defaults.

On the topic of hotkeys, it's closely related to keyboard mapping, a lot of PC games have the option to map which keys do what on your keyboard. Graal doesn't have this feature but what if it did?

This is just something I wanted to bring up so what are your thoughts?

showemoticons command will give you the commands for your purchased emotes. Anyways yeah this would be a great idea

XBanished 06-08-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by Master Shredder (Post 813274)
showemoticons command will give you the commands for your purchased emotes. Anyways yeah this would be a great idea

Woah, did not know that... is there a forum that has all the working commands for Graal.

Rusix 06-08-2018 06:26 PM

You can map your keys with 3rd party devices. Things like KeyTweaker or such. I used one since I don't like the LIJK and the movement keys on my Laptop or desktop so I tweaked it. But movement things are really wack in graal weirdly on PC.

Also, On topic of keymapping. Is anyone in classics management gonna finish placing up the movement sync controls for a controller on android? If you got a controller that works Bluetooth to your device like me. The only thing that works is the movement. You cannot swing your sword. you cannot grab or use the other 2 hotkeys. Why is beyond me.

XBanished 06-08-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 813279)
You can map your keys with 3rd party devices. Things like KeyTweaker or such. I used one since I don't like the LIJK and the movement keys on my Laptop or desktop so I tweaked it. But movement things are really wack in graal weirdly on PC.

Also, On topic of keymapping. Is anyone in classics management gonna finish placing up the movement sync controls for a controller on android? If you got a controller that works Bluetooth to your device like me. The only thing that works is the movement. You cannot swing your sword. you cannot grab or use the other 2 hotkeys. Why is beyond me.

This is actually something that I have wanted to try out but since there are no settings to map and configure controller settings I haven't been able to do it, I'm sure this is the case with anyone who has tried.

Also, on the topic of that using a Bluetooth keyboard on mobile is also really buggy, picking up objects doesn't work very well for me and sometimes the player stops suddenly throwing whatever I'm doing off.

This is starting to become a bug topic... oh dear...

4-Lom 06-08-2018 06:47 PM

@Dusty where's that :showcommands: you promised way back when?

XBanished 06-08-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Master Shredder (Post 813274)

Just realized that yes, that shows the commands which is useful but that doesn't let you configure hotkeys, rip...

Meteor 06-08-2018 11:19 PM

i seriously hope you guys don't spam emotes while pking

XBanished 06-09-2018 05:07 AM

Quote:

Posted by Meteor (Post 813290)
i seriously hope you guys don't spam emotes while pking

It's not exactly that we "spam" emotes, I just thought that it would be cool that you could change which one you can use. for example, the Animated glitchy devil emote instead of the default one. To be honest I use the ":sorry:" emote the most when I accidentally hit a friend/guildmate.
Edit: I do tap that ":rofl:" emote every now and then when someone epicly fails a suicide and I kill them

Note: This is just me and I know that a lot of people do spam emotes like ":asleep:" when they kill you...

4-Lom 06-09-2018 05:31 AM

:nboon: is my new favorite.

Meteor 06-09-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Posted by XBanished (Post 813300)
Note: This is just me and I know that a lot of people do spam emotes like ":asleep:" when they kill you...

Or when they don't kill you but they're pretending that they can lol

4-Lom 06-09-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Posted by Meteor (Post 813302)
Or when they don't kill you but they're pretending that they can lol

When you have 100 ap and there's noobs calling you hacker :P

deadowl 07-06-2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 813282)
@Dusty where's that :showcommands: you promised way back when?

Because :showcommands: would be a command in itself, I imagine it's possibly stuck in recursion.