Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   File Space Requirements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39755)

TomatoPanda 10-01-2017 07:22 PM

File Space Requirements

So will all submission files for holiday events like graaloween, or even just new shops coming out have to be 71 kb or smaller like the new gang reward rule if not thats bloody bull that a 3.5k gralat hat is aloud as much file space as its creator wants unlike a gang mount thats only aloud 71 kb. Hell half the dam gang hats in the game are over 500 kb in file space and your forcing this 71 kb rule for gang mounts, this is stupid. This better be a unixmad rule and not a homelesswitch rule cause if its a hw rule im gonna flip. If the servers to laggy (which its not) then ask for a server upgrade or a REGIONAL SERVER just for south america. Stupid crap like this is why all the oldies are leaving graal in the first place to start their own games that are similar to graal that im not aloud to name or this dam thread or it will be deleted.
(Please don't shmegg)

I understand if this is a unixmad rule and if you guys were actually trying to do something about this but from what ive heard 5uicide 5quad had to reduce a dam file down from 500kb to 72 kb to 71kb cause you guys have to be so bloody strict on this.

The servers already lacking good active scripters and a rule like this is only gonna turn people off from becoming a graphics artist for the server just saying. You guys already have the most rules when it comes to gang hats and gang mounts then any other ios server and now this :/

Not trying to offend anybody on the staff team, pariah actually offered much help when it comes to reducing file space its just this is getting rediculous all these restrictions over stupid stuff then you guys ask why everyones peacing each other.

IspringOlWest 10-01-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 797494)
So will all submission files for holiday events like graaloween, or even just new shops coming out have to be 71 kb or smaller like the new gang reward rule if not thats bloody bull that a 3.5k gralat hat is aloud as much file space as its creator wants unlike a gang mount thats only aloud 71 kb. Hell half the dam gang hats in the game are over 500 kb in file space and your forcing this 71 kb rule for gang mounts, this is stupid. This better be a unixmad rule and not a homelesswitch rule cause if its a hw rule im gonna flip. If the servers to laggy (which its not) then ask for a server upgrade or a REGIONAL SERVER just for south america. Stupid crap like this is why all the oldies are leaving graal in the first place to start their own games that are similar to graal that im not aloud to name or this dam thread or it will be deleted.
(Please don't shmegg)

I understand if this is a unixmad rule and if you guys were actually trying to do something about this but from what ive heard 5uicide 5quad had to reduce a dam file down from 500kb to 72 kb to 71kb cause you guys have to be so bloody strict on this.

The servers already lacking good active scripters and a rule like this is only gonna turn people off from becoming a graphics artist for the server just saying. You guys already have the most rules when it comes to gang hats and gang mounts then any other ios server and now this :/

Not trying to offend anybody on the staff team, pariah actually offered much help when it comes to reducing file space its just this is getting rediculous all these restrictions over stupid stuff then you guys ask why everyones peacing each other.

I agree with this ^

IspringOlWest 10-01-2017 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Silence's Gang melee leaked

J* 10-02-2017 12:42 AM

Suicide Squad's ghat was actually around 4kb over the "limit" when it was submitted but still denied despite us bringing up the point that certain other gangs have some crazy hat sizes (450+kb etc). Without Pariah helping to reduce the file size the hat wouldn't be in the game at all.

TomatoPanda 10-03-2017 11:27 AM

Thats just stupid :/ this rule is stupid graals gonna lag sometimes and they need to understand that doing this requirement isnt gonna help its the fact this game is growing cause of the bloody brazillians they need to just put a regional server for south america and try to advertise a bit in brazil to get it to 300 or they could beg unixmad for a SERVER UPGRADE and if he refuses then just refuse to add content lmao

Ximithie 10-03-2017 02:50 PM

or that dude that made me that on youtube intro?

Eugeen 10-03-2017 04:55 PM

I'm gonna have to ask you to stop using custom uploads and not equip any weapons, you're simply taking up too many kb's.

Elk 10-04-2017 12:25 AM

72 kb is still a lot

https://i.imgur.com/WQxfXzt.gif

thats a gif with 7 frames and 256 colors and it is 13 kb big

just what kind of things are you submitting?

TomatoPanda 10-04-2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Posted by Elk (Post 797736)
72 kb is still a lot

Ol'West graphic artist arnt good and guchi like you elk

GraalEtho 10-08-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Elk (Post 797736)
72 kb is still a lot

amazing looking things, but they wont get accepted cuz file size is too big

Elk 10-09-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Posted by GraalEtho (Post 797940)
amazing looking things, but they wont get accepted cuz file size is too big

please provide an example

J* 10-09-2017 05:05 AM

As an example; A recent gang hat had around 50ish frames in total with it's animation, however it isnt a particularly extravagant animation or anything. Each side of the hat is animated (including the pull frames) which means 7-8 different "sides" (not sure what to call them) being animated; front, sides, back and the grab/pull for each. Takes up a bit more space as a result. And yes, this hat does use the combine/replace method for more efficient space usage (which some of the larger ghats don't use). This hat was around 80kb initially. If there is some way to use less space with gif files, let us know so that this thread wouldn't need to exist.

Elk 10-09-2017 07:16 AM

shoot me a private message with the file and ill look into it

was more asking for visual examples :p