Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Football / Soccer (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38133)

Clown 01-30-2017 04:08 PM

Football / Soccer

The Football/Soccer Thread

Please no arguing about what the correct name is. even though it's football ;)
Just a general thread to chat about the beautiful game around the world.

As of today, who do you think will win the premier league in 2017?
Who do you support and why?
Who is your favourite player?

Vulcan Blaze 01-30-2017 06:21 PM

I support Manchester United.
I was first introduced to football when I was around 3 years old, by my 70 year old Uncle, whom supported the Red Devils for the entirety of his life. Ever since then the team have been close to me.

Who will win the premier league this year? Probably Chelsea I guess.. United are improving, and I believe they will begin to win again very soon.

My favorite footballers in some of my years of watching football;
WARNING MY VIEW ARE BIASED, towards my Country and Club.

2008 - Cristiano Ronaldo + Carlos Tevez, united heroes back in the day.

Since I supported the team until retirment, Ryan Giggs was one of my favourite players, a Welsh Hero. Who had 672 appearances for United. He has won 13 Titles, beat that. Hopefully he will eventually go on and Manage United.

2016 + 2017 - The Swedish God, Zlatan Ibrahimović, Free Transfer, better than any other manu player currently, including 89 million Pogba. One of the top scorers in premier league, considering his age.

2011+ - De Gea - Became a great goalkeeper.

Who could forget Gareth Bale, a Welsh legend, and is the heart of the Welsh team.

Not forgetting the entirety of the Welsh squad.
Damn im so nationalist.

Football not Soccer

Clown who do you support? Chelsea?

Here are some pictures of some of my memories;

Clown 01-30-2017 07:12 PM

Im an arsenal fan myself @Vulcan, however my local prem club are actually West Ham united (East London , the Boleyn ground before it was knocked down is a 10 minute drive away from where I live) but because of the amount of hammers fans in my area I know how stuck up they can get so I went for arsenal as my mother and sister supported them back in the Highbury days.

My favourite player of all time would have to be Ronaldinho. I don't need to explain myself.
My favourite forward of all time however is Luis Suarez, im so glad to live in a day and age where I can watch this mans talent

Dos 01-30-2017 08:07 PM

Been a Chelsea fan for 3 who years(impressive). I'm American so I never really grew up around soccer. My dad was a great starting fullback in college playing D1, though he never pressured me to get into it so much. I played 3 seasons in the Fall each year in Elementary school, though I never really grasped it, sadly. Throughout the years I played tennis and football, things like that. I got back into it with FIFA 14, and I'm honestly glad. I haven't played since Elementary, though I regret it. I'm not the greatest, but I like to play at friends' houses.

So being a Chelsea fan and American, the team and the sport are pretty close to me. I watch every game that fits in my schedule, every minute that's I can really.

Towards the Premier League victors, I'm unbiasedly saying Chelsea, and I'm sure many will agree. They're currently 8 points ahead of Arsenal and I think we'll run strong in this next half of the season. Conte is doing really well and I have great faith in him. Mourinho was a fantastic manager and he still is, I just think that the players weren't grasping themselves.

My favorite player?

Currently... I have no clue haha, I'm not about the Messi or Ronaldo deal as I used to be. I have no interest in the other leagues really. I do very well respect Hazard, though I don't think I can call out a favorite player.

My favorite player of all time may be Ronaldo(R9), he was a complete striker in my mind. Well organized, great technical ability, a few awards and titles, etc. Honestly debateable because I never saw him play, just his highlights.

Bryan* 01-30-2017 08:17 PM

New York Giants

Macbeth 01-30-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Clown (Post 761194)
Im an arsenal fan myself

Arsenal fans don't call themselves "Arsenal fans". They call themselves "Gunners". This is coming from a guy who grew up in Northern London.

Vulcan Blaze 01-30-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Posted by iMac (Post 761293)
Arsenal fans don't call themselves "Arsenal fans". They call themselves "Gunners". This is coming from a guy who grew up in Northern London.

I thought they called themselves Gooners, and the clubs nickname is the Gunners, plus not every fan of the team has to refer themselves by that lol.

Macbeth 01-30-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vulcan Blaze (Post 761294)
I thought they called themselves Gooners, and the clubs nickname is the Gunners, plus not every fan of the team has to refer themselves by that lol.

Gooner is what fans of other teams call us. It is a kind of way to make fun of us. And only true fans call themselves gunners. If you call yourself an "arsenal fan", you are most likely an American that loosely follows the EPL.

Vendetta 01-30-2017 10:45 PM

Leeds all the way. Somehow I don't see us winning the Premier League, promotion is looking like it could be possible though.

Clown 01-30-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by iMac (Post 761299)
Gooner is what fans of other teams call us. It is a kind of way to make fun of us. And only true fans call themselves gunners. If you call yourself an "arsenal fan", you are most likely an American that loosely follows the EPL.

not many people with outside knowledge of the prem know these nicknames, 'arsenal fan' pretty much sums up what I needed to say

Regius M. 01-31-2017 03:06 AM

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea

Pr0m4N V.14 01-31-2017 07:58 AM

It is called football.

Quickdraw 02-15-2017 11:19 AM

My favorite team has to be Chelsea. Though I never grew up in England, the Epl has been a big part of my life. Have been a fan of Chelsea since the first grade (I even have a book from back then stating it was my favorite team). My favorite moment with the team is when we won the Champions league back in 2012 against Bayern Munich. But then again we have a fire squad this year with the Conte 3-4-3 system, and I believe we can hold on to win the Prem again. Also wanted to add my favorite player, Willian. He is a very talented midfielder who is really hard working. He would be really complete if he could shoot, for I wish we had a whole team of Willian's because his work rate is superb. My second favorite player would have to be Hazard because I am a Cam and he does a really good job at his role (plus he practically won the Prem for us in the 2014-2015 Premier league season).

Clown 02-15-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by Quickdraw (Post 765048)
My favorite team has to be Chelsea. Though I never grew up in England, the Epl has been a big part of my life. Have been a fan of Chelsea since the first grade (I even have a book from back then stating it was my favorite team). My favorite moment with the team is when we won the Champions league back in 2012 against Bayern Munich. But then again we have a fire squad this year with the Conte 3-4-3 system, and I believe we can hold on to win the Prem again. Also wanted to add my favorite player, Willian. He is a very talented midfielder who is really hard working. He would be really complete if he could shoot, for I wish we had a whole team of Willian's because his work rate is superb. My second favorite player would have to be Hazard because I am a Cam and he does a really good job at his role (plus he practically won the Prem for us in the 2014-2015 Premier league season).

Nice :)

Who do you reckon your favourite player is outside Chelsea?

Crono 02-15-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 761303)
Leeds all the way. Somehow I don't see us winning the Premier League, promotion is looking like it could be possible though.

https://youtu.be/xN1WN0YMWZU?t=45